Poll: What did you think of the Lost Shores event?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm starting to agree. I find myself logging on less and less. I've only been playing enough each day to get the daily done and that's about it.

Can say go to another mmo but I can't even get myself to play those for longer than 20 minutes before getting tired of it. I think I'm just tired of mmos in general.
    Well, I do find a lot engaging about GW2 still; the world, concepts, etc. But there is a lack of higher strategy in the game that is kinda, boring. I mean boring in the actual sense of not having any real mental stimulation.

I love the puzzle element of GW1 missions. Can run them tons of different ways. There is also a strategy, a logic to it all. Just finishing up my new Mesmer in GW1 a few weeks ago. So that's like 10+ or so times I complete GW1. It was a blast. Even with shinier GW2 sitting on the same hard drive.

I've stated before that games with a heavy emphasis on action, twitch reactions and go-go-go combat are not my cup of tea. Though that isn't totally accurate because I can enjoy a quite few games [within reason] which go for that style. However, it's almost like GW2 went too far in the direction of "action" without the more cerebral elements I enjoyed originally.

The limited scope of what the gameplay can provide no doubt plays into that as well. Bandits attacking the town, centaurs attacking the town, kraka attacking the town, Skritt attacking the town... it's all the same mindlessness and repetition.

It's really like if you are not into PVP or Mario Bros. jumping, there isn't anything left but disengaging/afk farming. And I already did that to the point of no longer having anything to buy...
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-18 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm starting to agree. I find myself logging on less and less. I've only been playing enough each day to get the daily done and that's about it.

Can say go to another mmo but I can't even get myself to play those for longer than 20 minutes before getting tired of it. I think I'm just tired of mmos in general.
    I find myself logging in less and less too. But not because I'm tired of the game, it's simply because my honeymoon period with this game has passed and gone and I have no obligation to log on everyday to do whatever I need to do to be on track. So I can take a few days, a week or even a month to take a break and comeback without having to worry about feeling left behind everyone else. The beauty of a sub-less MMo

Other than lag and not being able to attack any mobs because i couldnt see them the Lost Shores weekend was ok. The best parts were those that didnt have 100 ppl all in the same spot spamming skills, aka the new 5 man dungeon. Really enjoyed all the fractals. Doesnt seem like one off events are gonna be good for my gameplay experience. Ill still be on to see them but its just so laggy and i cant tell whats going on. Wish i had a better computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was dull.

I didn't even bothered with it because I already predicted it would be laggy and borefest like the LA invasion one-time event.

And don't get me started on the Fractal levels, even WoW with LFG isn't this dumb to allow players to content gate each other.
    Last edited by freeforumuser; 2012-11-18 at 07:31 AM.

Bugs aside. The poor camera position still plagues gameplay. The mob is so big that it's off the screen and it's very hard to see its tell animation. Most of the time, there is nothing happening at the bottom of the screen. Anet should use a camera setup such as that in Forge, which puts the fight instead of the character in the center of the screen.

I wish it was longer, I really need more time for the monthly daily! Fractals can take very long with some pug groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I find myself logging in less and less too. But not because I'm tired of the game, it's simply because my honeymoon period with this game has passed and gone and I have no obligation to log on everyday to do whatever I need to do to be on track. So I can take a few days, a week or even a month to take a break and comeback without having to worry about feeling left behind everyone else. The beauty of a sub-less MMo
    After I bought a new computer to play this game, all of a sudden I found myself playing a whole new set of games I couldn't play before. In the end I'm also logging in less (thanks to empire and napoleon tw).

I don't have a lot of complaints about GW2, but the way they handle events is definitely one of them. My other related complaint would be how I feel obligated to keep tabs on their forums now because otherwise I never know WTF is happening. There's rarely ever any pertinent information on the launcher, in game mail notifications and NPC dialog is so vague that map chat is perpetually flooded with, "Who do I talk to? Where do I go? What am I supposed to do?" etc.

Times limits are not readily listed anywhere in game so missing things like the first part of the event 'quest' chain (bugs aside) so it can't be completed or, for Halloween, getting the Mad King instance achievement before it's removed in the last phase (abruptly for those of us who, again, don't keep tabs on the forums/FB/Twitter/whatever). I'm partially spoiled by Rift having a very clear and concise outline of their world events with phase dates listed in game.

As for the event itself, there were simply too many people. Even when lag wasn't an issue, managing to get any sort of contribution before everything was dead certainly was. I also wasn't even able to participate in the event with my boyfriend because we were apparently sent to two different overflows. (Maybe that's our fault for not partying before zoning in, I don't know.)

The rewards for me, personally, were underwhelming. I didn't get any drops but vendor trash and the commendation items weren't really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Frankly the lost shores itself is an abandoned rock covered in bugs. (the animal kind not the glitch kind but that too apparently) I'm not too impressed by it as there's not much to do there. It's nice to go see it, but that's about it. Nothing new there.
    Sadly, I have to agree with this as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, since majority of the content was just for a weekend. That reason took away my need or desire to do it. Here's to hoping the next patch really adds something. Jumping puzzles are nice, wish the Mad King's Clocktower stayed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    For something's that is essentially "free", I've been having a blast.

Haters gonna hate. ^_^

Not sure why the event being "free" has anything to do with the topic at hand. Nor why that is remarkable or even accurate.

How many MMOs have "paid" events by contrast?
    What dos price have to do with quality in this case?

Not sure. Kind of a left field statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not sure why the event being "free" has anything to do with the topic at hand. Nor why that is remarkable or even accurate.

pretty sure he was just talking about the game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

They're viewing it from the point of view of the Refer-A-Friend and "you didn't even pay for the box price of the game, so this is what you get". But if that was the case, that would push me even further from paying for it. Not a good representation, in all honesty.

Or if he's just implying "This kind of update is HUGE and I haven't paid a dime more than the box price, it's free" well, it seems the brainwashing is affecting more and more people every day.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This event was pretty bad IMO.

The bugs alone were more than enough to make this one of the crappiest in-game events I've ever experienced in an MMO. Phase 1 and 2 were completely borked for some people so that they couldn't do ANYTHING in either phase. I'm sorry, but if the developer is gonna take the time to do "one-time only events", then they need to make damn well sure that the friggin' events work. Nothing like spending all weekend trying to do the event, only to find out that it was a complete and utter waste of time because the bugs make it impossible to do anything.

The island itself is pretty to look at. That's it. The events there are the standard "ho-hum" events found everywhere else in the world. The mobs are ridiculously OP. Tried to fight 2-3 of the new reef drakes last night and they kept me perma stunned until I was dead. And this was on a guardian specced for survivability....I can only imagine what it's like for other classes like eles trying to run around the island. Add in the fact that alot of the events on the island became bugged as well, and the only reason to even go there this weekend was to mine Ori and chop down ancient saplings (seriously, that's all people were doing there on my server.....getting the mats and then leaving without doing anything else). So all in all, I'd say the island was pretty fail. Pretty to look at, but nothing else going for it.

The new Fractal dungeon is pretty good. I went through 4 Fractals last night with a guild group and found it to be alot better than most of the previous dungeons in the game. So that is the one saving grace of this whole event/update.

All I know is that Anet needs to get their shit together and figure out what the hell they're doing. If they release another event that is as bugged and impossible to do as this one, I'll never log on for another event again (and the same goes for alot of other players as well). Anet may be trying, but they sure as hell aren't trying hard enough.

P.S.: They still haven't fixed a shit ton of the bugs that were in the game before this update. They really need to start focusing on fixing current content instead of adding more to the already steaming pile of broken shit in-game. It's starting to get ridiculous.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2012-11-18 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    haven't been around the whole event, the start was pretty dissapointing which led me to not really wanting to log-in.

Deleted
    Anyone doing the Karka-cave event right now?

Worst. Event. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Anyone doing the Karka-cave event right now?

Worst. Event. Ever.
    I've tried, rubberbanding like hell.
    Couldn't even reach the karka champion outside the cave.

Deleted
    XD worst event ever ! HEY lets just spawn 10 veterans so that it be chaotic and everybody gets 1 shoted! THAT MUST BE FUN!

Yeah, I've had to replace all my gear twice now due to deaths. I can't even imagine the repair bills of people out there with actual exotics+.