Poll: What did you think of the Lost Shores event?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    There was also the invasion of the Burning Legion, there was the whole twilight apocalypse thing pre cata, there was the opening of AQ, etc, i'm willing to bet money there was one for panda land as well!!
    There wasn't one for Panda.

Folks complained about the zombie invasion because it had no defined end (it ended abruptly 2 weeks before Wrath launched, they never gave a timeline) and it was impossible to do much of anything on some servers. Lots of griefing (high level players getting infected and going to lowbie zones to kill folks), and in Shat (capital of the day), the zombies fell under the zones Pacifist Debuff and could not be harmed, even as they harmed you. In the end, on my server, everyone just logged off, most of my guild at the time just said "send an email when this shit is over" or "see you in Wrath". The public voted with their time and left.

Elemental Invasion was a reaction to that and sort of meh, so they just gave up for Panda and had nothing.

In any case, these "one time events" were over the course of a few weeks anyway, not a single weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saw the survey thing on Reddit but got no email. Perhaps emails were only sent to those that completed certain steps in the event.

I didn't really enjoy the event so didn't play much that weekend.

It's pretty certain Bovinity has plays(ed) GW2. He was likely being cheeky to some degree if you observe his post history.
    Well i doubt you want to sift through millions of surveys if you send it to everyone. If it was just multiple choice with no write in's i could understand. But there were parts where you could right stuff and i doubt they want to see everyone who plays the game write somthing.

There were parts to write in for the BWE feedback too, and weren't there two million copies of the game pre-sold?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There wasn't one for Panda.

Folks complained about the zombie invasion because it had no defined end (it ended abruptly 2 weeks before Wrath launched, they never gave a timeline) and it was impossible to do much of anything on some servers. Lots of griefing (high level players getting infected and going to lowbie zones to kill folks), and in Shat (capital of the day), the zombies fell under the zones Pacifist Debuff and could not be harmed, even as they harmed you. In the end, on my server, everyone just logged off, most of my guild at the time just said "send an email when this shit is over" or "see you in Wrath". The public voted with their time and left.

Elemental Invasion was a reaction to that and sort of meh, so they just gave up for Panda and had nothing.

In any case, these "one time events" were over the course of a few weeks anyway, not a single weekend.
    Panda just had that scenario that can be done now, sucked, zombie invasion was best one time event ever, differing of opinions i guess, I doubt everyone on a server logged off.

The thought of one time events happening on a single day is a big turn off, I dont like missing these things, love getting my FoS and achieves I do not want to miss it because that day I had to work.

The new fractals are great.
    The new island is beautiful.
    The event was terrible.

Most if not nearly all people were lagging too much and it was buggy as hell, not to mention the start of the event was just killing the same mobs slowly.
    Did not enjoy the event.