Thinking of starting a business.

So I have a friend who has started and owned businesses in the past. Currently, he owns a 24/7 Alzheimer's care clinic where patients can stay for one day or many months at a time or longer. He is a great guy and knows quite a bit about how to run a business.

We had talked a few months back about starting a computer repair / custom build business where I would be the one working on the machines and he would be the one to supplement the business and get us off the ground. While it all seems good and dandy, I'm not sure if I'd be capable of providing a quality product for the customers so that the business stays afloat and nets a profit in the long-run.

I still have yet to get my A+ Cert and I have built a couple computers from the ground up so while I do know the basics I obviously don't know everything. Is it a good idea to further develop the idea of starting my own business with my friend? Or would that be too risky a venture and not worth it from either competition or lack of my own knowledge?

It might be worth wild to get your A+ cert first, it shows some people that you have an understanding of what you are doing. Guess the question is, is a computer shop going to be good business were you are? The town I am located in computers shops don't last long because it has proven cheaper to call in 3rd parties or send things back to the company that has it under warranty.

I provide a in home repair service via craigslist or other means, so I get some business outside of my normal work schedule but not enough to open my own. But yeah, start your own if you can and keep it going. It's a good feeling having your own business, excluding some of the stress that comes with it :P
    Last edited by Sthos; 2012-11-18 at 03:05 AM.