Uhhh Eternal Flame without the PVP Gear?

After playing a holy pally for the majority of Cata before switching to a monk, I'm a little out of touch with it. As he nears 90 I was wondering about the decision between Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield. I know the two play styles (what I suppose you would call the "standard" setup and the EF-based/PVP geared spamfest) but my question comes up in how the talents stack up against each other without the PVP bonus.

Since my pally is an alt, I really don't foresee grinding out the PVP set, especially with how late in the season we already are. That being said, I really enjoy having the HoT element worked into my gameplay, but if the numbers just aren't there I'll just drop it. Our alt raids will be doing hard modes and I don't want to gimp my group. Most likely healing with a resto druid and a disc priest/resto shaman.

TL;DR EF or SS without PvP gear?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Its never too late to get the pvp 4 set, you only need the blue set to do really high numbers.

It's pretty "easy" to get the blue PvP set; it's basically just grinding, so you can get it in a day or two if you have enough time to spare. It's going to be by far the best 4 items available to you when you hit 90 anyway; I went down 10 avg. ilvls swapping from normal mode epics to the 458 pvp set when I finally read about the pvp set bonus, and it was still worth it.

Doesn't take more than 1 reset herping and derping it up in the arena to get enough for one of the cheap epic pieces either, so if you're in a hurry you can just grab a hunter or a warrior or something, do some 2v2 (making sure to leave any game where you see a healer), and get the conquest cap really fast in 20-30 minutes that way, saving you the need to farm honor for that 4th piece.

Though even without the set, EF is still superior.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

You can merge two method of healing without blanketing and PVP set, just heal as normal and use benefit from EF. Use holy power to put some hots on tanks and some members and heal with other spells and you also can do high hps and heal every fight pretty well.
    ATM EF>sacred shield even without pvp set

It truly depends on the fight. If the tanks are never fully topped off [eg. Stone Guards], EF is a great choice because even without 4pc, 3 EFs are not hard to roll, it will end up being a top heal for you, along with beacon.

I think it comes down to what raid size you're looking to heal. EF > SS for 25 man, in my opinion, simply because 25m is going to be mastery stacking. In the EF build, more of your healing is instant, so haste becomes a semi-useless stat. In a 10 man situation, I would go for an SS haste build. SS is going to mitigate a higher percentage of abilities [20k of 100k in 10 man, 20k or 250k in 25 man] so it ends up being more useful.

Blizzard should realy look at this its not fear that holy paladins use pvp gear in pve and top healing so easily . Blue poster attention requiered
    my rig

CPU i7-3960X
    GPU CF 7950 x2
    quad kingston hyperx 120GB raid
    RAM Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz 32GB

If it's really the issue of it being a PvP 4pc, then have them switch the 4pc they gave us to include it. If it makes pallies viable, why nerf it? Imagine if they took execute away from warriors because it did too much damage, which is essentially what carries SMF damage at the moment. It's stupid to say that it needs to be removed. Even with the nerf Mistweavers will be receiving, they'll still be on par with 4pc pallies. On a fight like Garalon, I lose to our mistweaver, but I will rank and he won't. I'll get a top 10 rank and he won't even be in the top 200. To take away the power of 4pcpvp they'd have to buff HS to a 2 sec cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blukki View Post
    Blizzard should realy look at this its not fear that holy paladins use pvp gear in pve and top healing so easily . Blue poster attention requiered
    It's a waste of words to simply say something is bad. If you have enough of a problem with a mechanic, and are willing to post on it, at least explain your counter argument. How is this any less powerful than Spirit Shell from Discs or Jab-jab-uplift machines? Pallies may be doing well in 10 mans with this setup, but they have always done well in 10 mans. The ability to Beacon has been the strong point of Hpallies since it's creation.

The people doing well with this 4pc are the same people that could do insane numbers with any class.

And these aren't bad healers that are using it so well. It still requires a bit of skill to use it effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    If it's really the issue of it being a PvP 4pc, then have them switch the 4pc they gave us to include it. If it makes pallies viable, why nerf it? Imagine if they took execute away from warriors because it did too much damage, which is essentially what carries SMF damage at the moment. It's stupid to say that it needs to be removed. Even with the nerf Mistweavers will be receiving, they'll still be on par with 4pc pallies. On a fight like Garalon, I lose to our mistweaver, but I will rank and he won't. I'll get a top 10 rank and he won't even be in the top 200. To take away the power of 4pcpvp they'd have to buff HS to a 2 sec cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 05:38 AM ----------

It's a waste of words to simply say something is bad. If you have enough of a problem with a mechanic, and are willing to post on it, at least explain your counter argument. How is this any less powerful than Spirit Shell from Discs or Jab-jab-uplift machines? Pallies may be doing well in 10 mans with this setup, but they have always done well in 10 mans. The ability to Beacon has been the strong point of Hpallies since it's creation.

The people doing well with this 4pc are the same people that could do insane numbers with any class.

And these aren't bad healers that are using it so well. It still requires a bit of skill to use it effectively.
    Monks are getting nerfed. Stop crying about them. Paladins are viable without the 4-piece. Plenty of paladins don't use the 4-piece and do fine. You think disc priests are overpowered?

The 4piece does not require skill. It is easy as hell to use and get good numbers. Stop trying to grasp for straws defending it.