So.. Sub or Assasination? [PvP]

Hi fellow Rogues. I have been PvP'ing as Assa for a couple of weeks now, and its working fine for me atm. But i keep seeing videos and streams from highrated Rogues, where they pull of really nice damage. I dont know if i should swap to Sub while I'm gearing up, or I should play Sub while gearing fully up.

Please post responds and which benefits each spec has to offer.
    Last edited by Sheerzo; 2012-11-18 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what benefits Sub offers, but I absolutely LOVE Mut rogues. Facing them that is. When I see the other team has a Mut Rogue, I almost get giddy, because it's (practically) a guaranteed win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    In a competitive environment, everything is about burst and CC. Sub has an on demand cooldown for burst (Shadow dance) every minute instead of 2 minutes for vendetta and offers way more burst because of armor penetration it provides through Find Weaknesses + it makes you able to silence and stun without reseting fights (Garrote and cheap shot). These are the main reason why Subtelty is better.

10+ Year Old Account

9s stunlock, going up to 13s if you're lucky with Paralytic Poison.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    In a competitive environment, everything is about burst and CC. Sub has an on demand cooldown for burst (Shadow dance) every minute instead of 2 minutes for vendetta and offers way more burst because of armor penetration it provides through Find Weaknesses + it makes you able to silence and stun without reseting fights (Garrote and cheap shot). These are the main reason why Subtelty is better.
    So you suggest i start getting good at Sub, while gearing up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheerzo View Post
    So you suggest i start getting good at Sub, while gearing up?
    Honestly if you start as a rogue or if you aren't very experimented with pvp, you should play the spec you enjoy, because actually the current state of the rogue is such as only pros / multi glads can reach an interesting rating (2200+) and even if you are very good, most healers won't want to play with a rogue in arena so, just stick with what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Honestly if you start as a rogue or if you aren't very experimented with pvp, you should play the spec you enjoy, because actually the current state of the rogue is such as only pros / multi glads can reach an interesting rating (2200+) and even if you are very good, most healers won't want to play with a rogue in arena so, just stick with what you like.
    I'm not new to the class, just have been on a break with it. I know how to play it, just curious to see what other thinks. I've tried Sub for 2 hours, and I honestly think its amazing, even out of Shadow Dance. Thanks for the suggestion

Deleted
    2s : Assa, you will need the extra constant output it gives when getting up against a healer, you'll just have to time your burst a slight bit better (your window is a lot larger than in sub spec though as vendetta takes an age). double dps teams get slightly harder, but the ability to swap targets as assa is way better than sub so that gives you an advantage in comparisson aswell.
    3s + 5s : have someone else do sustained damage and await your time as a sub rogue. Hope dearly that you dont get stopped in your burst or you lose. I'm afraid there is nothing more to it.

Deleted
    only problem with sub is the whole gota be behind to backstab which higher rated opponenets would let you do as much meaning u have to use the weak hemo to build cp.