Deleted

gbtg's rDruid PVP questions

hey guys,

i just finished leveling an alt (resto druid), that i will mainly pvp with.
    heres some questions i got:

1) any use for nourish in pvp? i read its pretty useless for pve, so that should be even more the case for pvp then? can i remove it from my hotkeys?

2) i read that haste after breakpoints is useless. whats the most important breakpoint at the current pvp gear lvl to go for? for refference: http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

3) not rDruid related but: dispelling a frost bomb removes the damage or makes it deal damage sooner?

4) whats use does might of ursoc have? im talking arena. can it be used while silenced, to increase survivability while i cant heal? otherwise i was just thinking to use it together with healthstone to get healthstone to heal for more by using this:
    #showtooltip healthstone
    /cast Might of Ursoc
    /use Healthstone
    am i missing something or is it a good idea?

/edit:
    5) for arena: heart of the wild or natures virgil? why?

6) what are all the spells in pvp that i can soothe?

7) can you still hibernate ferals and shamans in ghost form?

8) first tier talent? atm im having fun with feline swiftness in random bgs cause it stacks with all ur cat/travel speed increase your boot enchant speed increase and even those 'speed powerups' in bgs. i noticed from looking at armorys from some good rdruids that most of them use displacer beast. i can not really understand why. wild charge seems so much better. half the cooldown and most of the times when you displacer you will have dots on you anyways. yea, the enemys will lose target for a sec but is that really worth it?

guess thats it for now, i bet ill come up with more questions later, tough.

thanks
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2012-11-18 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    1, No, you won't use any direct heal besides regrowth/swiftmend.
    2, I'd say get the 3043 if you play with a spriest/eleshammy. Personally I'm going full haste, I like the faster cyclones/gcd on lifebloom, but some say it's better to go for mastery after the reju haste breakpoint, but I don't find it hard to keep people up. When someone dies it's becouse they got globaled, not becouse I couldn't heal through the dmg.
    3, It prevents it from doing dmg.
    4, It's a battlemaster trinket and a 30% heal combined. The extra hp is lost after shifting out of bear, but the 30% hp you get back is not. I wouldn't macro it with healthstone tbh, if you use this, you'll most likely survive anyway, so use the hs separately.

Deleted
    thanks!

new questions:
    5) for arena: heart of the wild or natures virgil? why?

6) what are all the spells in pvp that i can soothe?

7) can you still hibernate ferals and shamans in ghost form?

8) first tier talent? atm im having fun with feline swiftness in random bgs cause it stacks with all ur cat/travel speed increase your boot enchant speed increase and even those 'speed powerups' in bgs. i noticed from looking at armorys from some good rdruids that most of them use displacer beast. i can not really understand why. wild charge seems so much better. half the cooldown and most of the times when you displacer you will have dots on you anyways. yea, the enemys will lose target for a sec but is that really worth it?
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2012-11-18 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    5, I use heart of the wild, but only because I always forget to use nature's vigil. You can't really dps in 3v3, but sometimes I pop it, and spam moonfire into a shaman healing tide totem, or to finish off a dying water elemental. You can't stand there and spam wrath, let alone go cat, and melee players.

6, You used to be able to dispel the unholy dk haste buff, but that's no longer dispellable. (They can't give it to others at least) Now use it reguralry on warriors, it hurts their rage generation. I've seen about 2 or 3 ferals this season, so I don't know if savage roar is still an enrage, but if it is, you can really cripple their dmg by dispelling that.

7, You can. It's one of my favourite things to do, actually. When my priest fears the enemy druid, I root the guy around the end of the fear, and he'll instinctively shift to travel form, and baam, instant hibernate. Or you could knock off people from ledges, in dalaran/blade's edge, and when they try to come back, they'll use ghost wolf/travel form.

8, First of all, don't use feline swiftness. If someone wants to be on you, they'll catch you anyway, and powershifting slows more than one or two times will kill you if you're trained. Displacer beast is the best thing you can get as resto. I used wild charge for a while, and the travel form leap is useful, sure, but most of the time that 1-2 second stealth helps you survive more than the leap. Also, if you don't run around in the middle of the map, it's pretty easy to get around corners with the displacer. Not to mention the free pounce->cyclone every 30 sec, if you want to use it offensively.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    2) Go for 4229haste if you use glyph of blooming.

5) Vigil, in 3v3 u dont mostly have time to use hotw, except maybe on opener.

8) Displacer... obviously you want a escape button! (its godamnit vanish+blink combined).

Deleted
    thanks guys.

another question not rdruid related:
    i farmed all the honor gear. it seems basically impossible to do arena with it though, so am i supposed to farm bgs over and over to get conquest cap? this could take a LONG while each weak. or is it basically too late to do any arena with that char at all and should i just wait for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    thanks guys.

another question not rdruid related:
    i farmed all the honor gear. it seems basically impossible to do arena with it though, so am i supposed to farm bgs over and over to get conquest cap? this could take a LONG while each weak. or is it basically too late to do any arena with that char at all and should i just wait for next season?
    How is is impossible to do arena ?

I played arena with 4pc Honor / 4pc crafted pvp gear / the rest in Pve and did arena just fine (although @ 1k5). Will still earn you faster conquest than bgs (arena 180/win, bgs 50/win let alone that arena is much faster). Also, full honor gear should be vastly enough to arena seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Deleted
    As a resto druid in arena you have to kite and LoS people or you will die.
    It isn't gear it is your strat that is wrong.
    get the 4 pc bonus. use barkskin and ironbark a lot and kite kite kite.
    a warrior or DK etc sitting on you and you are dead no matter what gear you have. run away
    this is why druids are strong healers in arena atm because we excel at escaping melee.
    after that you need a plan to deal with mages and stampede. i play with a warrior in 2's and 3's so stampede is sorted via symbiosis aoe fear.
    mages you will have to get someone else to help with as i don't have a reliable system vs them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfailed View Post
    6, You used to be able to dispel the unholy dk haste buff, but that's no longer dispellable. (They can't give it to others at least) Now use it reguralry on warriors, it hurts their rage generation. I've seen about 2 or 3 ferals this season, so I don't know if savage roar is still an enrage, but if it is, you can really cripple their dmg by dispelling that.
    Nope, Savage Roar no longer is dispellable by Soothe. Just wanted to confirm that ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Nope, Savage Roar no longer is dispellable by Soothe. Just wanted to confirm that ;P
    They also stopped the vengeance lockout after soothing a tank.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    does anyone know any good rdruid streaming? or a youtube channel?
    my rdruid is a twink so obv im not really good at it yet. still, you cant tell me that full honor gear in arena vs opponents who have t1 weapons and alot of other conquest gear is going to work out well. actually its hard as hell for me. esp because obv i only find partners with equally weak equipment.

Deleted
    Obviously you're not going to top you're battlegroup in honor gear/ blue pve weapons. but you can still cap you're conquest points way faster than doing battlegrounds. Just get a guildie or a rl-mate to grind arenas for a hour a week and that should be it tbh. I'm currently capping with a pve-retridin with only 4 pieces honor gear. not high rating but still fast cap. Arenas matches tend to be a lot shorter now a days too.

Deleted
    is it worth to save CP for the t1 weapon? i will reach the required CP gained in 2 weeks. but im wondering, since the big benefit of the t1 weapons is the pvp power and pvp power does not increase healing as much as damage, would it be better to not save them and get something else next week? the armor things give way more stamina and such.