Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    he wont be able to silence me in 5.1...

You are going to need help from a teammate if hes swifty'ing you. If you can survive those 15sec you have a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately, if you get interrupted while casting you'll get locked out of whatever school you were casting in. Lightning Bolt gets interrupted, earthgrab is not usable. Along with grounding, tremor, SBT,...........etc.

So no silence, yes but he's still got disrupting shout. Might not be that big a deal for warriors maybe. But theres a lot of interrupts and silences in this game.
    Last edited by shell; 2012-11-19 at 06:59 PM.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    1. pucker butthole.
    2. thunderstorm
    3. get charged. that was an awful idea.
    4. root. whew 8 glorious seconds to live. jk he got dispelled.
    5. charged again.
    6. shockwaved, oh god now im fucked trinketing
    7. frost shock ghostwolf away. damnit i dont have gw glyph im waddling slow as hell.
    8. heroic leap. well, that was unnecessary.
    9. ns hex him! get off me!
    10. trinketed. sigh. go ahead. kill me.
    This made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    @Kauterize and @Grym

Good luck because:

Shaman
    All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ealm-now-live/

Hard to find because its not alphabetized and not highlighted in red to denote its a recent change.
    Why would that changed anything that I do?

I dropped my Capacitor as soon as I Thunderstorm, BEFORE they charge or leap or whatever, and let them jump back or charge at me, by that time the totem activate the stun effect, while that is sad to hear, didn't change that part of my rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We get way more nerfs than Warriors in 5.1
    No, we don't. And the Warrior nerfs are more significant.

The totem change is a big deal, but not as big a deal as the Warrior nerfs. Warriors both get more, and deeper, nerfs. They're losing a 15s cooldown interrupt, and a cooldown that granted 20s of immunity to slows/roots now just breaks them on cast and provides way less of a damage boost.

Not to mention, the off-healing thing was mentioned on a dev blog. It's still not in the patch notes. Even if you include that, though, Shaman aren't getting hit worse than Warriors. The issue is that Warriors are currently way too strong, and their changes will bring them down to something reasonable, Elemental was already weak and the nerfs will just push it further away from being competitive.

But we aren't getting way more nerfs. That's just not true, either in number or in quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. pucker butthole.
    2. thunderstorm
    3. get charged. that was an awful idea.
    4. root. whew 8 glorious seconds to live. jk he got dispelled.
    5. charged again.
    6. shockwaved, oh god now im fucked trinketing
    7. frost shock ghostwolf away. damnit i dont have gw glyph im waddling slow as hell.
    8. heroic leap. well, that was unnecessary.
    9. ns hex him! get off me!
    10. trinketed. sigh. go ahead. kill me.
    Lols, props dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Why would that changed anything that I do?

I dropped my Capacitor as soon as I Thunderstorm, BEFORE they charge or leap or whatever, and let them jump back or charge at me, by that time the totem activate the stun effect, while that is sad to hear, didn't change that part of my rotation.
    Fair enough.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, for PvP I took Unleash and Frozen Power. While I cannot use FS if I suddenly want to burst, it adds a lot of mobility.

Frost Shock > if they trinket out or Leap, Unleash, which will slow them again while boost your movement speed by 40% for a few seconds, and by that time Frost Shock is ready again.

The only problem is it is hard to line up for Ascendance while keep kiting away (need to find time for Flame Shock)

Wait, we are getting more nerfs than warrior?

I knew about they are planning to reduce off healing, but other than that, what else?
    Ancestral Swiftness nerf.
    Hybrid healing nerf. (as if ours was good to begin with)
    Totems unusable while silenced.

RIP Elemental.

Also, for PvP I took Unleash and Frozen Power. While I cannot use FS if I suddenly want to burst, it adds a lot of mobility.

Frost Shock > if they trinket out or Leap, Unleash, which will slow them again while boost your movement speed by 40% for a few seconds, and by that time Frost Shock is ready again.

The only problem is it is hard to line up for Ascendance while keep kiting away (need to find time for Flame Shock)
    cant say this is a good idea. your shock cooldowns are already tight as it is. you should be using them to multidot flame shocks for max lava surge procs, and lightning shield charges stack up really fast now. I dont find it that uncommon that you can dump a 7 stack fulmination and immediately get another 7 stacks, especially when melee are on you. relying on your shock CD to root and kite imo gimps your damage.

Also, elemental blast is unquestionably better for bursting and just damage and general. the UE sprint was pretty much made for enh shams. thats not to say a resto or ele cant benefit from it but... ele definitely clocks in dead last for unleashed fury.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

cant say this is a good idea. your shock cooldowns are already tight as it is. you should be using them to multidot flame shocks for max lava surge procs, and lightning shield charges stack up really fast now. I dont find it that uncommon that you can dump a 7 stack fulmination and immediately get another 7 stacks, especially when melee are on you. relying on your shock CD to root and kite imo gimps your damage.

Also, elemental blast is unquestionably better for bursting and just damage and general. the UE sprint was pretty much made for enh shams. thats not to say a resto or ele cant benefit from it but... ele definitely clocks in dead last for unleashed fury.
    I personally prefer frozen power for kiting, but earthgrab is very good as well. while it may make your shocks tighter, when it comes to warriors especially I find its good to sit on a 7 stack fulminate when they start to get low so you can burst thru that crazy second wind with good burst timing.

I totally agree with Ele Blast tho. its ele's hardest hitting ability easily and as long as you dont get locked out while using it, its the best last tier ability for ele in pvp right now imo.

big props to all the sarcastic comments, because really that kind of situation is laughable.

Deleted
    I play both classes. I love my ele shaman but warrior is my pvp toon naturally.

How i deal with ele shamans on my warrior? Walk up slowly, blanket pummel him, then blanket heroic strike silence. Then he is dead.

i dont think blizz will nerf it.....

Ancestral Swiftness .
    Hybrid healing

noway..............

Deleted
    simply u don't i stopped bothering with my shaman as elemental , i tried it in cata and i got basicly but fucked by everyone..:S then in MoP i saw some buffs coming so i was hyped! now i tried it aaaaaand it sucks once again...doing enha now since i love the shaman class as an alt

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:54 AM ----------

and to add, we are the worst class for PvP if it comes to survive ability , in my eyes at least. we are getting more and more nerfs while mages get almost nothing ? proof that blizzard isn't even playing their own game ,or they are playing it as a mage ofc

1. pucker butthole.
    Really lol'ed