1.3 gigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good! DOWNLOAD NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Dang son, that's a big download.
    This game has so
    much
    STUFF

Deleted
    Yeah got to say, I was not expecting it to be so big. Downloading at 12MB/s though so at least steam is coping with it.

Steam is getting hammered, I'm only getting 1MB/s on a 100 MB/s business connection as I'm at work and no one is here Also do they have a page on how to set up a server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys get a key sent to you in your email?

I didnt get anything yet. =o[

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Did you guys get a key sent to you in your email?

I didnt get anything yet. =o[
    No, I didn't get an email, but I clicked the humble store link that they sent me when I purchased and it was there on my humble account.

My Steam download speed is all over the damn place atm, not sure what they're upto. Going from 40kb/s to 8mb/s and back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    No, I didn't get an email, but I clicked the humble store link that they sent me when I purchased and it was there on my humble account.
    Nice, mine was there too. THanks!

So is there a way to delete characters?

Deleted
    so, is the game supposed to be hard ?

i die in 2-3 hits from the monsters on my planet, and the only way i can see to acquire gear is to have tons of pixels, which only drops in bundles of 10-30 from lvl 1-2 mobs which almost never spawn, rest of the mobs i see are 4-5.. pretty hard to hunt for low mobs when the big ones just destroys you and makes you lose pixels when you die

I can only take a few hits myself. Make sure you make a bed, as it will heal you over time.

Deleted
    just find it annoying that the only thing i seem to be able to do right now is sleep in my bed and wait for low mobs to spawn near my home so i can farm a few pixels

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    just find it annoying that the only thing i seem to be able to do right now is sleep in my bed and wait for low mobs to spawn near my home so i can farm a few pixels
    Early beta is early beta, looking at their beta schedule, it's also gonna stay in beta for a good while.

Personally I'm gonna wait until it actually releases.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-12-04 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    so, is the game supposed to be hard ?

i die in 2-3 hits from the monsters on my planet, and the only way i can see to acquire gear is to have tons of pixels, which only drops in bundles of 10-30 from lvl 1-2 mobs which almost never spawn, rest of the mobs i see are 4-5.. pretty hard to hunt for low mobs when the big ones just destroys you and makes you lose pixels when you die
    Once you dig down a bit there are a lot of containers with pixels in them, and you can often avoid mobs underground. Once you've got enough iron to craft an iron hunting bow you can 2 shot anything on the first planet I think.

Yeah also, I want to run a server on my rakset but since this requires you to log on to steam, how do I go about this? I might be able to put up two servers and use one for everyone here on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm pretty sad that I'm unable to get people to join my server currently using Hamachi or otherwise, but the game has been going good so far, finding lots of materials.

Also... anyone know how to learn blueprints?!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yeah also, I want to run a server on my rakset but since this requires you to log on to steam, how do I go about this? I might be able to put up two servers and use one for everyone here on MMO-C.
    Install an FTP service and upload the assets folder and whichever server package you need on to there from a computer that has steam installed.

that's how I did it on an ubuntu 13.10 VM, working great so far.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Does this help?

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/.../sb-starbound/

Probably not since it looks like it costs money...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Does this help?

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/.../sb-starbound/

Probably not since it looks like it costs money...
    Nah and the starbound servers are only "Coming soon"