Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    How about a topic from their forums?

    http://community.playstarbound.com/i...cussion.34000/

    Can't find enough silver! ARGHLEBARGLE!
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  2. #242
    I'd already really enjoyed the OST when I pre-ordered, but hearing it in game makes me zone out at times, one of my favourite OSTs at the moment.

    Also, digging = profit. 1000 pixels, 80 iron ore, 120 copper ore and 60 silver ore from a 45 minute expedition, not to mention a bunch of furniture and other items worth a net of about 10,000 pixels (steel platforms, flasks of various liquids, a big flashing siren, a hyper disc, etc...).

    Currently making sure I haul some dirt blocks every where I go. Simply build a wall between me and monsters, or even corner them with dirt and pelt them to death with arrows.

  3. #243
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How about a topic from their forums?

    http://community.playstarbound.com/i...cussion.34000/

    Can't find enough silver! ARGHLEBARGLE!
    Yeah tried that also, but I'm no computer whiz and when entering my IPv4 or w.e in the portforwarding section I just kept getting invalid port.

    EDIT: Well got it all set up! My friend and I are now blazing trails through the stars :3
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2013-12-05 at 03:12 AM.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'd already really enjoyed the OST when I pre-ordered, but hearing it in game makes me zone out at times, one of my favourite OSTs at the moment.

    Also, digging = profit. 1000 pixels, 80 iron ore, 120 copper ore and 60 silver ore from a 45 minute expedition, not to mention a bunch of furniture and other items worth a net of about 10,000 pixels (steel platforms, flasks of various liquids, a big flashing siren, a hyper disc, etc...).

    Currently making sure I haul some dirt blocks every where I go. Simply build a wall between me and monsters, or even corner them with dirt and pelt them to death with arrows.
    How does one convert items into pixels? I have a bunch of shroom chests I'd just LOVE to do that to.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  5. #245
    So I pretty much stripped my starter planet of materials. Beat the first boss and got the thingy to make the metalworking station. Off to another planet is search of gold and steel.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  6. #246
    According to the Steam stats page, this game is the second most played right now with over 50,000 playing it o_O.

    For people who played Terraria extensively (at least until plantera):
    1. How does this game compare to Terraria?
    2. Are there Biomes? And if so, how many?
    3. If it took me 105 hours to play through Terraria on one character, do you think I'll be able to get equal amount of time in this game?
    4. How is solo play? Because if I'm going to play, I'll play solo only.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    According to the Steam stats page, this game is the second most played right now with over 50,000 playing it o_O.

    For people who played Terraria extensively (at least until plantera):
    1. How does this game compare to Terraria?
    2. Are there Biomes? And if so, how many?
    3. If it took me 105 hours to play through Terraria on one character, do you think I'll be able to get equal amount of time in this game?
    4. How is solo play? Because if I'm going to play, I'll play solo only.
    Solo is tough. Quite tough. Though I doubt they're done balancing the game yet.
    Biomes... shitloads. There's tons of different planets. Loads and loads of different dungeons, towns, random mini-dungeons... all sorts of stuff. And CRAPTONS of items in all of these places.
    As for comparing it to Terraria, for me at least, it's everything that I wanted Terraria to ever become.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  8. #248
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,271
    I really like the game, although I must say...Terraria was cuter in my opinion. Now every character has more pixels, yet they 'failed' to make the monsters and characters have any personality (at least the 4 I saw in my 10m of playing before going to bed) ^^
    My recently created science blog about ants: AntyScience

  9. #249
    There's already an update? Here's hoping it doesn't break my saves.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  10. #250
    Do you guys think it'll be discounted at the winter sale or is that too soon for a discount?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Do you guys think it'll be discounted at the winter sale or is that too soon for a discount?
    It won't even be out of beta by then, no way.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  12. #252
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  13. #253
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,088
    I bought terraria and haven't installed yet - is it basically a 2D version of minecraft?
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ ENTER the Wocky - an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I bought terraria and haven't installed yet - is it basically a 2D version of minecraft?
    It's equal parts Minecraft and Metroid, honestly. VERY heavy emphasis on exploration, more than Minecraft is for sure.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I bought terraria and haven't installed yet - is it basically a 2D version of minecraft?
    Yes. Terraria is basically a 2D (better imo) of minecraft. Though terraria has many more bosses and more entertaining pvp / fights than minecraft.

    Starbound is the one herecius means has parts of metroid.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  16. #256
    Just the bought the game for 4 TF2 Keys (basically $10)

    Hopefully it'll be at least as addicting as Terraria

  17. #257
    Bloodsail Admiral Vathdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Starbound is the one herecius means has parts of metroid.
    Huh no, Terraria is metroid as well. You gather ores to craft gear so you can progress forward.

  18. #258
    Damn the game is bugged as fuck :/

    I think I'll come back in a week when the devs fix most of the game breaking bugs and nerf the overall difficulty of the monsters.
    Last edited by Tuma; 2013-12-05 at 11:06 AM.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Damn the game is bugged as fuck :/

    I think I'll come back in a week when the devs fix most of the game breaking bugs and nerf the overall difficulty of the monsters.
    I haven't encounted any game-breaking bugs, which ones are you referring to? And this is the earliest stage of the beta, we know there are many bugs. The specifically encouraged people who do not want to deal with bugs to not even bother with this stage of it.

    In any case, the only major ones I know of are the fairly widespread FPS bug seemingly effecting only specific system setups, and an item duplication bug with the scanner in your ship.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  20. #260
    I tried to order starbound, but you can only order with paypal or amazon ? How about credit card ffs ????
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •