Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So I found crystal, any one know what it's for?
    Only thing I can make with it so far is Crystal blocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know the Hotkeys for Morph Ball?

So I just used the distress beacon at my planet spawn point and then a space ship appeared and it's spawning suicidal penguins that are pretty much one-shotting me :/

Did I just screw myself?

EDIT: Also, what is the 5-segment bar under the pickaxe for?
    This:
    Last edited by Tuma; 2013-12-06 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    So I just used the distress beacon at my planet spawn point and then a space ship appeared and it's spawning suicidal penguins that are pretty much one-shotting me :/

Did I just screw myself?

EDIT: Also, what is the 5-segment bar under the pickaxe for?
    This:
    That's the first boss. I haven't managed to kill it yet. If you die or teleport back to your ship and the aliens/ship disappear you can just craft another beacon and do it again when you've got more gear.

The segments under the pickaxe is durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    That's the first boss. I haven't managed to kill it yet. If you die or teleport back to your ship and the aliens/ship disappear you can just craft another beacon and do it again when you've got more gear.

The segments under the pickaxe is durability.
    Ok thanks. I hope he'll disappear because with a full copper armor I'm getting destroyed.

Deleted
    so is there a certain biome i gotta find silver ore in or something? literally cannot find any!

also, what can i do with leather?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so is there a certain biome i gotta find silver ore in or something? literally cannot find any!

also, what can i do with leather?
    Try to dig deeper underground. That's where I found most of the silver ore.

- - - Updated - - -

So what race is everyone using? I'm currently using Floran.

Also, do races have traits or is every race the same just different looks?

Deleted
    Try to dig deeper underground. That's where I found most of the silver ore.

- - - Updated - - -

glitch

just got an awesome sword off a boss that shoots fireballs when i swing it !!

Apex.

Each race constructs different looking gear. The developers talked about certain sets giving set bonuses based on the race who made them, but I don't think that has been implemented.

I picked the Hyotl because of THIS image. I really dig the Asian style.

Few hours into the game and god damn is iron ore hard to find.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangel View Post
    I picked the Hyotl because of THIS image. I really dig the Asian style.

Few hours into the game and god damn is iron ore hard to find.

im finding plenty of iron and copper ore, but silver is non existent, i just pick a spot and dig down until i hit stuff, then when i stop hitting stuff i go up and dig somewhere else :\

is there a way i can change where i port down to on a planet? i wan't to make a home somewhere, but not where i port down to!

Woah ,this is fun you can find lots of stuff underground,but you have to go DEEP,and i mean it, pack like 50 torches,food, a few campfires,an upgraded weapon also helps.
    When you reach fine stand/gravel you are getting close,bones/fossils next found lots of silver and some gold there.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im finding plenty of iron and copper ore, but silver is non existent, i just pick a spot and dig down until i hit stuff, then when i stop hitting stuff i go up and dig somewhere else :\

is there a way i can change where i port down to on a planet? i wan't to make a home somewhere, but not where i port down to!
    I've found lots of copper, iron, and silver, but only a total of like 10 gold, and no plat. Does this game even have a limit on how far down you can dig? I keep running into frozen biomes underground that I can't dig through cause I run out of energy.

I've had the best returns on mining trips when I hit the mud/slime (or flesh/corrupted dirt on one planet! O_O) area. Going down to magmastone/dense cobble isn't really worth it, due to how long it takes to mine that stuff, even with a gold pick

As far as the first boss... I found some bombs. Those made all the difference in the world. Except for when I killed myself.

I also trapped him in a room, which also helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajikami View Post
    I've found lots of copper, iron, and silver, but only a total of like 10 gold, and no plat. Does this game even have a limit on how far down you can dig? I keep running into frozen biomes underground that I can't dig through cause I run out of energy.
    I've yet to find platinum, outside some bars and ore in a few chests. Of course, I've yet to set foot in the beta sector, which is probably where I'll find it. And yes, there is a limit. When you find lava, you've basically reached it.

As far as freezing/moons, bring lots of campfires. For moons, make sure you bring a large stock of wood, too, as they have no trees.

Deleted
    Guys.. I solo'd the UFO boss without dying even once.

I had the leather armor (Snow Infantry, 13 Armor rating on each piece) that you can make on the spinning wheel, 26 leather is needed for the full set. It's also apparently really warm too so I wonder if it'll be any good on a icy planet.

Upgrading your Hunting bow into Iron hunting bow asap is really important, with that thing you can pretty much 1-hit every day creature and 2-hit night ones. That's also the weapon I used mostly for the UFO, took a long while to beat him though.
    It also helps getting the leather for the armor.

From exploring my planet I got this hammer that burns, It's not the strongest (17 Power) but I figured it'd be a bit better than the starting sword because of the higher armor penetrating ration. Used it to kill the penguins, since I had forgotten to put on torches those burning penguins let me see in the dark

During the fight I also used like 30-40 Bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomates View Post
    Guys.. I solo'd the UFO boss without dying even once.

I had the leather armor (Snow Infantry, 13 Armor rating on each piece) that you can make on the spinning wheel, 26 leather is needed for the full set. It's also apparently really warm too so I wonder if it'll be any good on a icy planet.
    Huh, how did you get the plans to make them? Only things I can make with the wheel are cloth things, with like 0 or 1 armor on each.

They're not very warm, either

Deleted
    I've heard that it only takes 8 bombs to kill the UFO and you can get bombs from a chest or from a frog-man seller to begin with, I'm not sure if you can then break it down and get the schematic in the tech machine thingy to make more or not because I'm still looking for some.

More updates on the way.

http://playstarbound.com/coming-tonight-6-december/

Enjoy the OP snow suit while you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    More updates on the way.

http://playstarbound.com/coming-tonight-6-december/

Enjoy the OP snow suit while you can.
    - Complete ore rebalance (working on it)

Think this is in refence to the ratio/spawn rate of certain ore types? I've found something like 1000 copper ore for every 1 iron ore so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    - Complete ore rebalance (working on it)

Think this is in refence to the ratio/spawn rate of certain ore types? I've found something like 1000 copper ore for every 1 iron ore so far.
    I'm hoping it's more in reference to the complete and utter lack of platinum outside the gamma sector.

Other than the little bit found in chest...