Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll probably try it because Terraria was fun until you realised it was extremely limited.

Can't wait for this. Loved Terraria, and this looks just as good or better. Lol at complaining about updates. I was stoked anytime I saw a Terraria update, but I got so many hours out of Terraria that any complaints would just be wishful thinking. The price these games are sold at is well worth it, even without any future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Oh my, this is incredibly good news
    It is indeed! Stoked about both Terraria and Starbound now, high hopes for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really see what the hubbub is about. Looks like Terraria with a fresh coat of paint. Why not just play Terraria, then?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Don't really see what the hubbub is about. Looks like Terraria with a fresh coat of paint. Why not just play Terraria, then?
    Did you look into it further than one quick youtube? I mean, I could just make the same statement about, say, BioShock Infinite.

Pretty much done everything possible in Terraria at this point in time, so a lot of us were hoping for future content, which we were told was never coming out. Starbound's got a lot more content in it already, without having officially launched yet, so it's a pretty tempting proposition.

However, now that Terraria updates are a reality, people probably will switch back to Terraria. Aside from creating goofy structures or works of art using the in-game blocks, there's not a huge amount to do once you have all the gear currently available.

This looks interesting, I'll have to keep a lookout for it.

Because those of us who have played Terraria and given Starbound more than the briefest glance can tell Starbound has a shit ton of features and depth that Terraria doesn't.

I'm actually really looking forward to this one.
    Terraria was a heck lot of fun, so I'm having high expectations on this one.

Also Terraria was a heck lot more interesting than Minecraft seemed - 3D should be good graphics,. 2D can be excused at having low quality or pixel art. I wish people would understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because those of us who have played Terraria and given Starbound more than the briefest glance can tell Starbound has a shit ton of features and depth that Terraria doesn't.
    Exactly! So excited for all the planetary exploration and stuff lol and unless they add any crazy new races in I'll probably be Glitch. :3

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You had me at 'Terraria in space'. Game looks promising. I hope we have some more solid information (like a release date) soon. Terraria was one of the best purchases I've ever made. In fact, I spent far more time with it than I ever did Minecraft and that is saying something. To know a similar game is being made that has much more depth is very intriguing.

Will keep my eye on this one now for sure.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    This attitude makes me wonder... How long does a company have to provide free content updates to a budget priced game to appease the entitled masses?
    Seriously...

I bought Terraria on sale for $5 back when there was only 1 end boss. They have added so much into this game and I still play it off and on. I dont think there has been a single $5 investment in my entire life that has been this good.

I will gladly throw them $10 even $15 in hopes for a product that packs even half of what they put into Terraria.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Also Terraria was a heck lot more interesting than Minecraft seemed
    WAY more interesting. I mean I remember when I hit the bottom in minecraft. My first thought was that I needed to craft a better pick, but no thats the bottom.....

This attitude makes me wonder... How long does a company have to provide free content updates to a budget priced game to appease the entitled masses?
    This is one of the few cases where I can side with the people calling others "entitled customers".

You paid for the the game to it's fullest extent on purchace in working condition and that's as far as devs have to push it. None of them owes you anything beyond that point.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I believe i got Terraria when it was onsale on steam and played it more than I did most AAA games and that includes the FREE content they gave us unlike any other game which nowadays would come with Day 1 DLC that easily should have been apart of the product, lol.

Really just wish someone would give a release date on Starbound and quit teasing.

There are so many idiots in this thread that don't know what they are talking about.

First of all Terraria was made by Redigit. He created and coded the whole game. He did have testers and spriters though. Tiy only helped Sprite some near the end of Terraria to help Red out. Also, Red stopped because the game was in a fairly well state and needed to deal with some personal life stuff. Lastly Terraria is going to be updated soon because, guess what? Red has come back because he does in fact love the community and the game and just needed to personal time. People need to check things out before they start bashing.

Starbound is being developed by Chucklefish Games and being lead by Tiy and is completely separate from terraria. The games themselves are actually similar, but Starbound will expand more with its game play than Terraria is currently. Both games are great, and hating on either is just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    WAY more interesting. I mean I remember when I hit the bottom in minecraft. My first thought was that I needed to craft a better pick, but no thats the bottom.....
    Terraria certainly had much better action, with the household sieges and bloodmoons etc. Minecraft is very barren in that respect. I am afraid this is a "shut up and take my money" title for me.

Off point: anyone know another game that used the ivy whip concept from terraria before it did? I always get serious deja vu every time I use it but I can't place it

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Terraria certainly had much better action, with the household sieges and bloodmoons etc. Minecraft is very barren in that respect. I am afraid this is a "shut up and take my money" title for me.

Off point: anyone know another game that used the ivy whip concept from terraria before it did? I always get serious deja vu every time I use it but I can't place it
    Not sure, but it kind of reminded me of the whip from Super Castlevania 4.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Several games have used grappling hook/hookshot mechanics, though I'm not sure if there have been many where you can fire multiple anchors like that. It is a very well done concept in Terraria.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Several games have used grappling hook/hookshot mechanics, though I'm not sure if there have been many where you can fire multiple anchors like that. It is a very well done concept in Terraria.
    Yeah I am probably just remembering something similar but not exact from another platformer, but when you strategically relocate yourself to the bottom of those vents in the corruption and climb out by crawling with the whip, I am always overwhelmed with "I have done this before, not recently, well yes recently, actually 2 minutes ago, but I also remember doing it a long long time ago". It is like the worst feeling ever, even worse that it could just be my imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Terraria on the Xbox live arcade for a while now. It sounded to me like a side scrolling Minecraft.

Could someone give me a quick run down of what the game is like? Also, Is terraria for Xbox Arcade only or PC/Mac as well? Is there a big difference between the two versions? (Please don't throw PC/Console general comments, just looking at this game particularly)

Thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to answer my questions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I'm actually really looking forward to this one.
    Terraria was a heck lot of fun, so I'm having high expectations on this one.

Also Terraria was a heck lot more interesting than Minecraft seemed - 3D should be good graphics,. 2D can be excused at having low quality or pixel art. I wish people would understand that.
    I personally love the charm of the 3D Large pixel shapes of Minecraft. If the game had amazing graphics, could you imagine the machine you would need to run it? I think they flat skins are what allows so much terrain and vast maps. If it had say the graphics of Battle Field, the game would be quite slow and annoying.