Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got me all excited for nothing! I mean, the article does say "not very far off now." So I guess that's something.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    Got me all excited for nothing! I mean, the article does say "not very far off now." So I guess that's something.
    I think it also communicates clearly what they are after and what to expect, which many betas do not and result in player frustration. I think it's more worthy than it's being given credit for.
    BAD WOLF

We have had months now of them saying how beta their beta is going to be.

A month ago they delivered bad news, but still no ETA.

Now we get a big long post that I can sum up with "Yep, that's a beta" and still no ETA.

We need an ETA.

I'm not going to lie, I completely forgot this game existed...and this continues every time until this thread is bumped. It's about time they at least give us an ETA.

Until then, I'm going to be playing Terraria and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I completely forgot this game existed...and this continues every time until this thread is bumped. It's about time they at least give us an ETA.

Until then, I'm going to be playing Terraria and forget about it.
    Pretty much this. I'm actually kind of worried that Terraria 2 will release first and completely overshadow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recap time!!!

BETA RELEASE INFO: Oct 30th
    Hello,

Yup the title includes the word beta, that’s because it’s really not very far off now.

I wanted to provide some info on exactly how we’re going to run the beta and what you can expect if you choose to take part.

The beta will come in 3 main stages.

stage 1

Progenitor

Stage 1 will be move at a breakneck speed. This will be the buggiest and busiest stage of the beta. A bunch of unfinished features will be disabled whilst we finish them up. Updates will come thick and fast, sometimes as often as multiple updates a day.

If you choose to take part during stage 1 you should expect bugs, lots of balance changes, you shouldn’t get too attached to your character or universe as we may make changes that require you to start from scratch. You should expect the game to be broken at points as we make sweeping changes but you’ll get to enjoy exciting new content added constantly. The engine won’t optimized during this stage of the beta so performance could be poor on some low end machines.

You’ll get to see a bunch of ‘behind the scenes’ content at this stage and provide feedback during this crucial period.

DO take part in this stage if:

- You enjoy testing buggy and unfinished code

- You enjoy providing feedback

- You want to leave your mark on the game

- You just can’t wait any longer

DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- Bugs infuriate you

- You don’t like spoilers

- You can’t stand losing your save

- You want the full Starbound ‘experience’ the first time you play.

stage 2

Automaton

Stage 2 will be largely feature complete. You’ll still find the odd bug but they’re unlikely to be game breaking and the chance of you losing your character or save is minimal. The main quest line won’t be in yet but the sandbox experience will be near complete. All sectors of the galaxy will be available including sector X (End game content). Much of the focus in this stage will be on bug fixing, optimization and balance.

- You enjoy reporting bugs/bughunting

- You have a low spec computer and want to make sure the game is optimized for it

- You want a complete sandbox experience

- You tried to wait a bit longer but failed

- You want to play through the main quest line

- You want to be a Novakid

stage 3

Bio-organic

Stage 3 is largely about prepping for v1.0, this means finishing up the main quest line and implementing the post beta content. i.e. the Novakids, fossils. By the time stage 3 is complete Starbound should be ready to launch as a finished game. Worry not however, we plan to keep adding new content for at least a year after release, perhaps a lot longer.

- You want to give feedback on what will become the finished game

- You’d rather wait a litttttle bit longer and play the polished final version

- You’re still busy playing Pokémon X/Y

——————–

So it won’t be too long now guys, I just wanted to clue you in on what we’re planning. We’re all pushing as hard as we can to start this up as soon as possible.
    GIFs of Random "Tech"

New(ish) Dungeons/Landscapes

TL;DR

Beta is coming soon and stuff is looking pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not that they've actually mentioned beta being soon I'm really hoping it either comes out this week or we get a confirmed date this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah not that they've actually mentioned beta being soon I'm really hoping it either comes out this week or we get a confirmed date this week.
    *grumble* Not getting my hopes up... *grumble*

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Beta? BETA?!

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/405292961044234240

BETA!!!!!

Mark your calendars.
    *marks it* That shall be a good day.

Very good news!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    *marks it* That shall be a good day.
    OMG Yes finally. Ive been vested in this game for a long time. Cannot wait to get into beta and start hammering out bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So excited for this!!!! Carry the torches high!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh how they tease us...

http://i.imgur.com/yr3QZPP.png
    Nice, finally a beta. I really wish they had done this sooner, though; I played the shit out of Terraria lately, kinda burnt out of the genre right now.

Remember to purchase the game from the dev's website, though; I assume they'd get 100% of the purchase, instead of the 70% they'd receive via Steam.

I kind of assumed most people in this thread had already pre-ordered...