What do you think about Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Post your thoughts here!
I played it today, I think it's absolutely fantastic!
My review in summary (hopefully no spoilers):
1. The main storyline is roughly 5 hours in length.
2. Playtime is about double that if you liberate all bases on the island and do all of the bonus missions.
3. It's 80's music and humor done well in a modern context. It reminds me of Duke Nukem. The dialogue is amusing to listen to, good banter, funny lines, amusing to listen to.
4. It's standard Crysis/FarCry. Very similar to FarCry 3 with "modern" textures. There are even futuristic looking gliders.
5. Blood Dragons roam the wilds in addition to normal flesh-eating mammals. Similar in that respect to FarCry3 only more dangerous. The dragons are very dangerous and only after you have earned weapon upgrades would it be wise to take them on!
6. It's remarkably easy to die!
7. Runs well & stable. CryEngine2/3 is gorgeous, textures are high resolution, everything you would come to expect of a modern game engine.
8. Multi-Monitor/Widescreen resolution support.
9. Lots of colourful neon lighting. Plenty of "dreamy glow". Post effects make the game look like a dreamy computerised world from the 90s in a really pretty way.
10. Epic destruction from start to finish!
11. Very well recreated 1980s NES-style console video graphics telling the storyline. I thought it kinda dragged on a little at first but came to enjoy watching these "8-bit" story clips after a while.
I'd give it 9 out of 10. I'd really recommend it! It's a fantastic creation.
Creating this "Megathread" because I couldn't find one already!
Edit(1): Played on PC.