can you catch up (gear wise) when the new season comes?

hi guys
    let's say i only got mop now and it's gonna be a while for me to hit 90 etc...
    what i am wondering is, if by the time this season is gonna end and most if not all people will already have full t1/2/upgraded maelovent items etc... will it give them an advantage for next season as well?
    What i am asking is, if a freshly dinged 90 char and a fully geared player starts next season at the same time, will the geared player have advantage over the fresh 90? again, in the new season not current... explain a bit
    thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only "catch up" between seasons when all the Conquest gear can be bought with Honor before the next season starts.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

and they always allow you do buy conquest gear with honor before a season ends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nablism View Post
    and they always allow you do buy conquest gear with honor before a season ends?
    Usually within the two week break.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

sounds good thanks! gonna start leveling :P
    any idea on when this season ends btw ?

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds good thanks! gonna start leveling :P
    any idea on when this season ends btw ?
    Going to say late feb

season will end when the next raid tier hits, deffo not before new years. feb/march crossover maybe.

umm so i might as well get to gear up this season and maybe play as well

10+ Year Old Account
    umm so i might as well get to gear up this season and maybe play as well
    Yeah shouldn't take long, just do world bosses and rbgs for a higher cap.

Basically with the way that it all works in terms of rating and such, it really won't matter if you are behind.

Because your rating will determine where you are placed in terms of who you are facing. So that means that if you wait to do Arenas until you are full honor gear, and then do Arenas you will either be facing others who have waited this long and are evenly geared. Or are players that are just bad, in which case it won't make much of a difference that their gear is a bit better then yours.

To have a completely even footing, yes you can get the current conquest gear between seasons for honor, and that will help, but the same principles will apply once the season starts, everyone will have caught up that was just lazy, or not that great, and it will be the same as it is now. Especially since they seem to be moving away from resetting ratings between seasons.

I believe that the second season of Cata didn't start until DS tier came out, which was actually the third tier, which means it will actually be quite a while before the season is over. However, that could be just because that was when I took a more serious approach to PvP and cared about such things. They may have started a new season with FL's, but I am pretty sure that they didn't.