Gearing as Shadow, need help

Couldn't find any thread on this, but regarding gear for shadow priests, do I want all my gear to have spirit as a main stat? I'm making the BoA staff for mine but was unsure which one to make. I know spirit is hit, but was unsure if there ever came a time when all that spirit would go to waste, so figured I'd ask!

10+ Year Old Account
    One example of a stat priority is:

Intellect > 15% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Hit cap is 15% as you see, so all spirit/hit above that is a waste.

Deleted
    I would recommend simming your char. If you're not familiar with useing the tool, you can read a detailed step by step guide here:http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1760.. (props to Twintop) If you're not wanting to sim ur char, use the stat prio that CapM has given.

Its sorta hard to say how you should be gearing, as we have no armory link. But I belive at lower gear levels, you're just going to want whatever has the most Int on it. And no, having spirit on every piece of gear is far from a must. As long as you reach the 15% mark by reforges etc.

Unsure on when haste actually increses in value. So have someone else explain that, as I don't wanna give out false information

Sorta off topic, but is the discussion of hit cap value still going? As in if it is worth reaching the cap or not, at the loss of other stats?
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2012-11-18 at 02:11 PM.

I should have stated I will be playing the priest for PVP. But this is my first time playing a caster in awhile, so I was unsure how the 2 different sets would work. Did they make it to where spirit is hit for spriest/balance/ele along with mana regen? Or will having spirit as Shadow ONLY give me hit?

That was the main thing I was unsure about was using the *caster dps set* versus *healer set* ...so when gearing for PVP as a Spriest, it doesn't matter if your gear has spirit, as long as you are passed the hit cap?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    I should have stated I will be playing the priest for PVP. But this is my first time playing a caster in awhile, so I was unsure how the 2 different sets would work. Did they make it to where spirit is hit for spriest/balance/ele along with mana regen? Or will having spirit as Shadow ONLY give me hit?

That was the main thing I was unsure about was using the *caster dps set* versus *healer set* ...so when gearing for PVP as a Spriest, it doesn't matter if your gear has spirit, as long as you are passed the hit cap?
    Spirit only gives regen outside of combat, unless you are healing specced. That means spirit is essentially just hit, but you should reforge spirit over hit, just for the out of combat convenience.

For PvP gearing you would want 6% hit rating (I think that is around 1800 rating, but don't quote me on that), and then there is some discussion what stat is best after that. Consensus among top pvp spriests seem to be haste just as in pve, and then mastery afterwards (for increased proc chances).

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    For PvP gearing you would want 6% hit rating (I think that is around 1800 rating, but don't quote me on that), and then there is some discussion what stat is best after that. Consensus among top pvp spriests seem to be haste just as in pve, and then mastery afterwards (for increased proc chances).
    That's about right. Try to get your haste to 25% (24.92% is the number your really after) for the extra ticks.
    Personally I like to take spirit gear in the off slots over hit gear just for the extra out of combat mp5, or at least that's what I tell myself. But if the option for something with hit and haste is available over spirit and mastery then I take the hit and haste combo. Unless it's spirit and crit, which I take if my other stats allow it. Then I ended up reforging the spirit to haste. But that's only because my stat order is Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery, since I use FDCL, DI, and glyph of MS. So I get a good amount of rolling burst, and faster SO generation.