Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Detach CD key ( NOT SPAM )

    Hello ,
    I would like to detach my CD key from Diablo III Collector edition . I have bought it , and I´m not satisfied with this game and would like to use it such as valuable gift . I have done already small research on Internet . I found articles about selling secondhand software. Battle net account is not software but key/licence is already . I know battle net account is in owning of blizzard , but I´m owner of licence/key . I wrote ticket already and GM told me that he was not able to solve this . He advised me to write to legal department of blizzard company ( France ) Only way how to contact them is via air mail . What am I requesting for ? I just want to detach/delete my account and get key which I own really . I´m looking for someone , which had same issue . I´m not native speaker and I´m doing mistakes and not using proper language :/
    I´m from Slovakia ( small hole on map ) and need someone to correct my letter to legal department . We are already in EU union and also under EU court .

    Sum : Looking for someone who had similar issue and solved it
    if I will not find someone , I will have to write to them and I´m scared of that . If someone could check my writing

    Cheers

  2. #2
    that (NOT SPAM) kinda gave it away.

    You have to make a ticket to blizzard, that's the only chance you got.

  3. #3
    Blizzard is the worst company which I have ever seen . Just air mail to France ( my national post is kind of Earth to Mars ) billing support on phone could be more friendly ?
    I wrote about 5 tickets : we are not able , sorry , TOS is over EU law , legal department , etc.

  4. #4
    Your not allowed to do this with blizzard. I wanna give my wow account to my niece but its not allowed. Their policies arent user friendly at all.

    The only thing you can do is give them access to your bnet account, if it has other games on it, your screwed.

  5. #5
    I want to delete chars , not transfer account Just remove account , delete everything a give me brand new key :/ in EU we have different law and that company is selling / offering service in EU and have to be under EU law . Our lawyer can ... their EULA if the violent our EU law

  6. #6
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
    I want to delete chars , not transfer account Just remove account , delete everything a give me brand new key :/ in EU we have different law and that company is selling / offering service in EU and have to be under EU law . Our lawyer can ... their EULA if the violent our EU law
    No, they don't offer you this. You can't go to a store and hand back an open bag of crisps. You have already added the key to your account and played it, making it yours now. They give you services you can use before you -bind- it to your account, but you -bound- it, so you have to keep it. This doesn't break any european laws. But there has been a bit of talk because people whined on Steam that they wanted to sell/gift their games to others, and so all expect everyone follows that. But remember, Blizzards production base is in the US, they have support bases various location, following those laws in that area. But you probs didn't read the text fully when you add a game to you Battle.net?
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
    Hello ,
    I would like to detach my CD key from Diablo III Collector edition . I have bought it , and I´m not satisfied with this game and would like to use it such as valuable gift . I have done already small research on Internet . I found articles about selling secondhand software. Battle net account is not software but key/licence is already . I know battle net account is in owning of blizzard , but I´m owner of licence/key . I wrote ticket already and GM told me that he was not able to solve this . He advised me to write to legal department of blizzard company ( France ) Only way how to contact them is via air mail . What am I requesting for ? I just want to detach/delete my account and get key which I own really . I´m looking for someone , which had same issue . I´m not native speaker and I´m doing mistakes and not using proper language :/
    I´m from Slovakia ( small hole on map ) and need someone to correct my letter to legal department . We are already in EU union and also under EU court .

    Sum : Looking for someone who had similar issue and solved it
    if I will not find someone , I will have to write to them and I´m scared of that . If someone could check my writing

    Cheers
    So not knowing if you were to like the game, you went and bought the CE even though you can play the free trial.

    Or are you one of those "I played and beat the game but don't like it now" type of people who thinks they are entitled to a refund ?

    Blizzard will not let you resell the game, all they will do IF they agree to it would give you a refund.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, they don't offer you this. You can't go to a store and hand back an open bag of crisps.
    Under blizzards policy he isnt allowed to give his chips to someone who likes them. Its a very bad policy that benefits the customer in no way.

    They may have bought the ce to sell later, they can get very valuable.

  9. #9
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Under blizzards policy he isnt allowed to give his chips to someone who likes them. Its a very bad policy that benefits the customer in no way.

    They may have bought the ce to sell later, they can get very valuable.
    Yes, you can buy the CE to sell later, but that means you shouldn't bind it to an account, but he did. And no, he isn't allowed to hand it over to people. This rule was made because of players selling their accounts (and sometimes getting bend over). His name is on it, so he'll have it.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  10. #10
    I did not buy air in bottle.

  11. #11
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
    I did not buy air in bottle.
    I know it sounds disappointed, but that is their system. It's running on the rules of "you opened to product". They have been thinking about making it tradeable, but far view, they have more important things.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  12. #12
    I will use that statement of EU court . I´m not able to put it here :/ ( few posts ) easy to google it .They can write to EULA everything what they want to , but they are acting on European market and we have different law here such as in USA ( thier main base ) . Our law can give a ... what they write. I hate these Americans companies which are doing idiots from european costumers ( Apple in Italia , UK and etc )

    I have just one issue , not native speaker :/

  13. #13
    Nothing in the laws of any part of EU will tell Blizzard they MUST unbind your CD key so that you can give it to somebody else. In fact, you are outside the legally required time frame to even get a refund.

  14. #14
    Ofc There is not written they have to MUST unbind CD key from account. Ofc I´m not going to sue with them , hope so they have rational thinking ...

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Mortisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Same country as Radek Zelenka
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    So not knowing if you were to like the game, you went and bought the CE even though you can play the free trial.

    Or are you one of those "I played and beat the game but don't like it now" type of people who thinks they are entitled to a refund ?

    Blizzard will not let you resell the game, all they will do IF they agree to it would give you a refund.
    I bet pretty much everyone was disappointed with D3 compared to D2.

    "Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

  16. #16
    Sorry , but Blizzard company is going to trash ... It´s company for milking grands dollars already ... That game is not after 6 years development . For my it´s fail game of year .... Black Ops with bandits is better

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
    I want to delete chars , not transfer account Just remove account , delete everything a give me brand new key :/ in EU we have different law and that company is selling / offering service in EU and have to be under EU law . Our lawyer can ... their EULA if the violent our EU law
    So basically you bought a bag of chips, ate them, puked them back to the bag and go to store demanding refund.

  18. #18
    LoL how can you compare this with chips ? I´m not demanding for refund , they will not have debt , just click on program and create new serial number ... No They want to me go to store and buy again ... Sorry boys I´m not american sheep , which will do it .( I´m not offend this nationality ) Gold diggers they are just... Steam DOESNT have issue with this , but blizzard will have ? I bought serial key to play , and want it back just ... Why another game companies allow this ?


    I know why people have to be no good educated . It´s easier to rule them :-)

  19. #19
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,734
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
    LoL how can you compare this with chips ? I´m not demanding for refund , they will not have debt , just click on program and create new serial number ... No They want to me go to store and buy again ... Sorry boys I´m not american sheep , which will do it .( I´m not offend this nationality ) Gold diggers they are just... Steam DOESNT have issue with this , but blizzard will have ? I bought serial key to play , and want it back just ... Why another game companies allow this ?

    I know why people have to be no good educated . It´s easier to rule them :-)

    But Steam DID have problems with this, people started whining because they couldn't give away/sell their games that they got tired off. But remember, Steam isn't a game company, they just grant you easy access to games and community through online services. Blizzard isn't Steam, not even close to be compared to Steam. By binding your product to your Battle.net account, you basicly contact Blizzard and say, "Hey, this is only mine now, thanks for the product". When it comes to Steam it's different, they didn't make the games, they sell the games and offer (well, more force) you to use their community services.

    And there's no law in the EU book stating that the producing company should allow you to sell/give away a product that already has been declared as yours. And hardly any game companies allow you the serial back, it's mostly only games through Steam.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  20. #20

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But Steam DID have problems with this, people started whining because they couldn't give away/sell their games that they got tired off. But remember, Steam isn't a game company, they just grant you easy access to games and community through online services. Blizzard isn't Steam, not even close to be compared to Steam. By binding your product to your Battle.net account, you basicly contact Blizzard and say, "Hey, this is only mine now, thanks for the product". When it comes to Steam it's different, they didn't make the games, they sell the games and offer (well, more force) you to use their community services.

    And there's no law in the EU book stating that the producing company should allow you to sell/give away a product that already has been declared as yours. And hardly any game companies allow you the serial back, it's mostly only games through Steam.
    Just google "computerworld EU court rules resale of used software licenses is legal -- even online"

    forbes com/sites/raywang/2012/07/04/news-analysis-usedsoft-vs-oracle-ruling-opens-up-monopolistic-practices-by-software-vendors

    "The Bottom Line For Buyers: In the EU You Own Your Software Free And Clear of Vendor Encumbrances"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •