Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Site that tracks alts of players?

Is there website that can track down alts of players if I only know name of their main? I think I remember seeing people talk about that kind of site, but I don't remember name for it.

i hope there isnt.
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    wowprogress does this

Pretty sure that wow progress can do something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    wowprogress does this
    Pretty sure that's an opt-in only.

And OP, don't stalk ppl.

Wowprorgess and guildox both do that. You are automatically "oped-in" to be tracked, and option to "opt-out" is hidden in quite convoluted way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Pretty sure that's an opt-in only.

And OP, don't stalk ppl.
    It is me being "stalked". He doesn't make alts purely for this but I have ignored many of his chars, he just pops on new char to talk to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Wowprorgess and guildox both do that. You are automatically "oped-in" to be tracked, and option to "opt-out" is hidden in quite convoluted way.
    I never, "opted-out" of either and have accounts with both.

Please, tell me one of my alts' names? I have 50.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    It is me being "stalked". He doesn't make alts purely for this but I have ignored many of his chars, he just pops on new char to talk to me.
    Then just keep ignoring them and don't play cat and mouse games, that will just keep him/her interested.

Taint the milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, just tested it, Guildox is so much fail.... All alts it lists aren't even mine, haha

Edit: Did an update and still doesn't ^^
    Last edited by Lochton; 2012-11-18 at 01:27 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    On Guildox it tracks some characters only after I have added them manually from Tools>Add Toon, and if I am able to do that I already know that toon, so it kind of defeats purpose. Also on some cases it doesn't recognise char as alt, even when that really is alt.

I don't know if it affects on Wowprogress that his other characters are like 70-80 levels, but it does only recognise his 1 char that is lvl 85 (on top of his 90 main), others don't even show up on search.
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-11-18 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added 90 main

Wowprogress detects alts based on achievements. It can also only update them if one of the alt characters gets scanned and doesn't detect a character as an alt if it only shows character specific achievements.

Deleted
    Btw I think his alts don't have box checked on in game Interface>Display>Display Only Character Achievements to Others, his achievements are identical on all his characters on battle.net armory.

This might be going a little bit off-topic, but could I tell him to stop contacting me and report harassment if he continues doing it, even if his language isn't offensive?
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-11-18 at 02:08 PM. Reason: making 1st sentence more accurate

You don't opt-out on sites themselves. You opt-out in game options by choosing to not display total account achievements to others on /inspect. After you done so, armory of your chars can no longer be linked together while being analyzed by other sites.

You ask me to tell the names of your alts? I could if you would tell me name of main, but I think it would be bad move, as I don't like to stalk people usually

There's a browser addon which shows a character's alts if they post on the official forums.

Deleted
    This might be going a little bit off-topic, but could I tell him to stop contacting me and report harassment if he continues doing it, even if his language isn't offensive?
    Yes. Tell him to stop contacting you, and report him every single time he creates a character to get around the ignore.

sadly there is, as long as it's the same bnet wow account you share achievements and thus websites can easily compare achievement data

edit: reminds me of the 'tinfoil hat' 'joke' blizzard had a few years back. was funny since blizzard was the only one who saw it as a joke.

Report that psycho and keep reporting him until it stops.

Yes. If you have told him in no uncertain terms that you do not wish to talk to him anymore, then placed him on ignore, if he keeps making alts to get around the ignore then he is harassing you as per Blizzard's guidelines. Report him every single time he whispers you, place the new character on ignore immediately after, and never get into any sort of argument with him.

You will likely need to make a ticket to report him each time, rather than the right click - 'report player for' option.

Hmm interesting. I just tested wowprogress on my own alt and it doesn't show my actual main. It shows the alt that I rolled for MoP raiding.

Deleted
    I'm sure some rich people will soon start to sue those certain alt-tracking sites. Will be fun to watch.