Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    So i guess this is a thing for bums with no jobs?
    Yes, because bums with no jobs can afford to go shopping for discounted consumer goods.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Easier to just shop online. More and more stores are throwing up the same discounts in store, online. They just keep a certain amount of stuff on the side specifically for online shoppers. They don't have a Black Friday in my Country obviously, but I wouldn't line up anyways. It's not worth it.

Black Friday is a fucking scam. Half of those electronics are garbage. Or do you really want that ePC that's well over a year out of date for $200. None of the good products are marked down and in some cases they mark shit up the week before so they can put tags on stuff that show bigger numbers being knocked off. Don't buy into this shit its a huge scam, stay at home and don't leave your house that Friday.

Black Firday ain't a thing here, but still Steam deals!

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Black Friday is a fucking scam. Half of those electronics are garbage. Or do you really want that ePC that's well over a year out of date for $200. None of the good products are marked down and in some cases they mark shit up the week before so they can put tags on stuff that show bigger numbers being knocked off. Don't buy into this shit its a huge scam, stay at home and don't leave your house that Friday.
    LOL a WHOLE year out of date. Man you are right it's basically carbage at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Just six more days until Hilarity Saturday, the day where you get to read and laugh at all the stories about old people being trampled or women beating each other with items all because of the super amazing deals! I've yet to see a single deal that would make me want to go Black Friday shopping or even for a minute consider standing in line for more than an hour.
    We need a "like" feature on these forums so I can like posts like yours. I 100% agree with everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzkil View Post
    Hey, Is there a place where canadians can get the deals that they have on blackfriday? For example a gaming laptop?
    Inbox me if you know. THANKS
    Do you think people would be waiting a week in line if there was a website where they could get the same deals?

I don't see the point of taking the week off to save a few hundreds bucks
    Or someone I know, he's planning a short trip ( 3 days) from Montreal to New York ( gas, motel, restaurant) to buy a few pairs of G-Raw pants and shit.I think he's talking about that since the last 3 months *Man, I'm going to New yor for black friday to buy shit *

What the hell, do I miss something here ?

I do not think people who have jobs can afford to line up for things like this. This is clearly what one might refer to as the leechers on dole who have a week to line up but can't be bothered looking for a job.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Do you think people would be waiting a week in line if there was a website where they could get the same deals?
    Actually, the internet would give almost the best prices if you knew where to look. However, people without real jobs have the time to waste, it's not like they can make any other contribution to society anyway so they might as well all go line up and that was we can all see the bottom feeding mooches.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want Dishonored for 25 dollars. If amazon has it 30 or below, i'll buy it there. I'll get in "line" at about, 20 minutes before doors open, since it's a highly underrated game anyway, so there should be plenty.

Edit: Well, Internets spare me again. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=331277 Amazon will be having it for 25 dollars, but only for like 4 hours, lol. Part of their lightning deal shit.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-11-19 at 05:31 AM.

I have never and so far never plan on shopping on Black Friday. The mere thought of it scares me.

Some people really enjoy shopping. This is their Mecca. They are out and about with people of like minds and they are enjoying themselves.

I think black friday shoppers are literally insane.

I mean do people really need to get 100$ off a tv so bad that they are going to sleep outside for a week? And ontop of that they will seriously step on people to get the sale. Don't believe me? Wait untill the day after Black friday and watch the news.

In a way I almost think black friday should be illegal simply because of all the problems is causes.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I don't live in the USA but some of the stores here started to do this Black Friday thing too... and tbh it's quite nice since they extend it to online purchases as well, so no need to camp out lol xD not that any1 would, probably... So yeah for me personally it's great 50% cheaper stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I just want Dishonored for 25 dollars. If amazon has it 30 or below, i'll buy it there. I'll get in "line" at about, 20 minutes before doors open, since it's a highly underrated game anyway, so there should be plenty.

Edit: Well, Internets spare me again. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=331277 Amazon will be having it for 25 dollars, but only for like 4 hours, lol. Part of their lightning deal shit.
    Yup. As I said, most big companies have the same deals online as in store now(for many items), so just shop online. A lot has changed over the years. They also do boxing sales online as well. Some even start on Christmas Eve. Of course you'll have to wait a bit to get it shipped seeing as it's the holidays, but still. Would you rather brave the insane crowds or stay home warm and cozy and get the same items in a few clicks? lol.

I think it's strange to camp out for days waiting for a sale, just seems awfully silly to me. That and the fact that you read about people getting trampled and killed or whatever during these things, just makes it even stranger, are these people THAT MUCH in poverty?

Either way I'd rather just buy my things online, saves me the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't really super on topic, but to people talking about "constant low prices" as a good business model, it's not. JCPenney tried that exact thing, and they are in the shitter now. They lowered their prices across the board and don't have sales -- but now other stores are capitalizing on that and customers are just waiting for those other stores to have sales.

Maybe it works in places outside the US, but it certainly doesn't work here.

10+ Year Old Account
    cyber monday a humane holiday

black friday.... people die.... so u can save 5 bucks

Amazon is my anti-Black Friday, what is yours?

I've actually went to ONE Walmart black Friday event, and that was when the Gamecube was out, my wife wanted one, I was in that store for 5 1/2 hours to find out the damn system was sold out. Now? Well my wife is having fun playing Mario Bros U and I never left the house lol
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Friday and the cult following it is not something I care about, nor will I ever. There are plenty of stupid people in the world without focusing on one part of it.

We need a TV and laid our eyes on one; I'll be checking on it on Black Friday, if it's discounted, fine, I will place an order on their website. If not, we'll still get it for the full price.

However, I really do believe this is crap, since a few weeks back it was 684 EUR, and they made it 794 recently. I hope it will go for the initial price at least :/ So much for a discount, if any.

I did take a day off that day but for different reasons. I might pass by to pick up the order, but camp there? No way.
    Last edited by Taianne; 2012-11-19 at 06:05 AM.