Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I totally do.

I mean seriously, the Sha are like big black spiky, smoky seseme street characters. And the mantid are so cute and huggable (if they don't impale you.) Oh and themes of war, violence and dark emotions are a good fit for 5 year old children. I read my children Lovecraft every night before bed. They love it. And stay awake in fear for hours crying.
    wow you got some serious issues

10+ Year Old Account
    No absolutely not, nor do I understand why people say it's childish. I'm not going to go into too much detail but if you want to call this expansion childish then there is something wrong with you, seriously. I mean have these people played WoW before? The whole game is childish if you look at it. There's magic, wizards, fantasy inspired monsters, huge swords and axes, and all kinds of stuff that I could call childish. If Pandarens are the only thing to make this expansion childish then those people are retarded, plain and simple. And really I don't know how they can still say its childish because if they have been playing the expansion, it's anything but childish. With the whole war between the Horde and Alliance and then the battle with the Sha. If that stuff is childish to them then they should just stop playing video games or just stick to their online FPS games.

This whole "this game is childish" shit is getting so old and tiring to talk about. You know what i think is childish? People who think just because they're adults they automatically say a game is childish because it doesn't have guns and shooting terrorists with chunks of flesh and blood coming off them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It's like watching and old chinese martial arts movie. It's scope is serious,but it has a lighthearted feel to it. So in my oppinion the managed to capture the chinese feel to it.

I'm not a fan of Chinese culture, but I am a fan of WoW. I'm playing just to enjoy my time with friends and to have something fun to do. Is the game childish? Not really, but it is rated T for Teen. So, most 13 year old kids probably like Bruce Lee, and Chuck Norris, and KungFu Panda. Nothing wrong with that. Besides, it is just a game. If it bothers you that much, just unsub and move on to something more exciting. It is ok to be bored with something after a few years, but try not to ruin it for those of us who still really enjoy the game regardless of its direction

What I never understood is why "Pandas" suddenly make it childish (or even Hozen). If those things make the game childish then this game has always been childish.

You mean we have an anthropomorphic animal race? Well the Tauren say "Hi".

You might be thinking, "But the Tauren are based on minotaurs! That makes them super serious!", I don't know about you but I never read in mythology that minotaurs lived in teepees with totems like stereotypical Native Americans. They even say "How!" when they greet you and have massive "peace pipes" in some of their structures.

But then we have races like the Hozen, whose manurisims are just silly, right? Well that's great considering in vanilla we had Kobolds, who wear candles on their heads and yell "You no take candle!" in broken English. Lets not forget everyone's favorite murlocs, who speak in ridiculous "gurgle speak". How about the ogres with two heads that comedicly argue with each other about everything or poop on the ground? SUPER SERIOUS!

"But Groc!" you might say, "It's not the same because the Pandaren are cutsy and whimsical! None of those races are cutsy!" Oh really? Well then I guess you must have been playing so long you didn't notice the Gnome race, the one with cutsy whimsy feel, that ride on top of mechanic chickens, and make whacky technology like a "World Enlarger". I tell you, vanilla was SUPER SERIOUS!

Stop saying this expansion is childish. If this expansion is "childish" then the whole game should have always been "childish" to you. The truth is you just don't like Pandaren, admit that and stop bringing up the tired "childish" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The truth is you just don't like Pandaren, admit that and stop bringing up the tired "childish" argument.
    I'm a cutesy Gnome and I approve this message.

People who find anything childish in a negative sense of the word are people who're usually younger themselves, in the middle of their puberty or they haven't outgrown it - it's a display of their insecurity with their own maturity because they desperately, like teenagers, want everyone to accept them as adults and doing anything that they deem "childish" goes against this.

I never found pandaren as such childish. Out of place, sure. I always disliked pandaren, since WCIII that guy would piss me off so much. There's nothing childish about it, though, not in the sense of the word people are using it (to indicate something "below their level"). The question if it's also for children: sure, this game also has children as audience (before you protest, remember that anyone younger than 18 is a child, and players age 13 or 14, sometimes even younger, definitely are). In that sense the whole game can be deemed "childish", in the literal sense of the word ("for children").

But like always Blizzard did a great job and just like my hate for goblins turned it into love, I have now a panda shaman and a panda monk.

They made the game look so childish because they wanted to please the Chinese authorities, so they can allow them to run the game in China too. Remember the Wotlk censorship? All of the those bones/skulls transformed into crates and stuff, they even prohibited the game i think and blizz lost lots of subs.

its the most 'childish' in an overall idea of an expansion, simply because it's about slowing down and being the "rest before the storm"...but it isn't a childish expansion at all...manifestations of negative feelings are not childish...they're scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing through Townlong, Dread Wastes and to a lesser extent Kun-Lai, no. It's arguably the most serious expansion to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    wow you got some serious issues
    *wooooooooooo0000000000000sh*
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I never thought it would be "childish". I was very much looking forward to it.

PvE wise, I think it's the best WoW iteration ever. It's more detailed, and has more depth and variety. I find it engaging.

I am embittered by the state of PvP in this expansion; that's primarily what makes me ambivalent about it. However, I really like the style a lot.

Those parts of MoP which I feared would be childish turned out to be so. Pandas, fat and / or girly simply do not fit well into a fantasy RPG game. It's childish Pokemon-like stuff. Bliz had so much cool Asian culture to draw upon, but they opted for Pandas. Fail there.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's no more childish than it was in 2005... WoW never was an adult oriented game
    While it has never been adult oriented (implying adult content) it has gradually been simplified to help attract a wider & younger audience. The game play has become much more forgiving & casual-friendly over time.
    To answer the OP, I do find parts of the game to be childish. There are many more 'cute' elements to the game in MoP, which I find to be a big contrast versus how Azeroth was presented to the players when the game first came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    While it has never been adult oriented (implying adult content) it has gradually been simplified to help attract a wider & younger audience. The game play has become much more forgiving & casual-friendly over time.
    To answer the OP, I do find parts of the game to be childish. There are many more 'cute' elements to the game in MoP, which I find to be a big contrast versus how Azeroth was presented to the players when the game first came out.
    yeah like when they changed the whole graphic style from early alpha, switching heavily to the usual cartoony and "childish" warcraft style. vanilla was totally much serious.

I started when I was 17 so I considered my self young at the time so ya they always have been bringing them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    It's like watching and old chinese martial arts movie.
    No, its like watching an 80s kung-fu movie made by white guys. There's even an NPC named Shonuf who yells "I've got the glow".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No, its like watching an 80s kung-fu movie made by white guys. There's even an NPC named Shonuf who yells "I've got the
    glow".
    Am I the meanest?
    Sho'nuff!

Am I the prettiest?
    Sho'nuff!

Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho'nuff!

Well who am I?
    Sho'nuff!

Who am I?
    Sho'nuff!

I can't hear you...
    Sho'nuff!

That easter egg of the Last Dragon made me chuckle when I saw it. It took him yelling "I've got the glow" for me to get it.

Some of the responses here explaining how you still find Mists childish are childish in and of themselves.

While WoW has always had childish aspects, Mists is no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The xpac? Abit with the whole "panda theme" but meh... The majority of the community? Absolutely...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I find it like it has always been with lots of humor to offset the dark elements of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.