Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Are you going to justify your view at all, or just state it? The whole point of a genre is to play the role of a specific character, everything is done through that character. I find it creepy that people can't separate themselves from their characters, thinking that the "achievements" apply to them rather than to their characters.
    Are you going to justify why it can't be both besides your own strict definition?

If the reputations were not tied only to dailies, I would have voted no.

With reputations tied solely and completely on the ability to do dailies? A resounding YES. I've leveled 4 toons to 90, and the "lore" they want you to "experience" gets goddamn old after the 4th iteration.

Tabards would be the best alternative. Or just add factions to the dungeon mobs - you'd get a lot more people queuing for those horrible heroics.

Would prefer some sorta recomidation system.

Like the Rogues with the Fangs of Father + Wrathion. The moment you enter Wrathion is all happy about his master assassin and you get insta rep boost. How about that to other factions aswell? Get exalted with 1 char and when you unlock it with an alt they say something allong the line: "Aaaaah you must be >insert name here<, I have heard many great stories about you! I am sure we will get allong!" And you get an instant rep boost to honored - revered (or something in between like honored + 6k rep into rev)

Would add some extra rp thingies and would make your characters feel a bit more connected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You get VP from dailies NOT rep. If every character became exaulted they would still need to do dailies to get VP so character progression would still exist
    Of course you get Rep from the Dailies. It's the only way to gain rep after questing out the leveling zones.
    And that part doesn't have to be touched. Its your toons progress.
    Otherwise we would really slowly move more and more to a "homogenization" where we could just roll a template toon, like you can on PTR/Beta.
    One click. Everything is there you already have added up through all other toons...... Boring.... Dead boring..
    I would foresee the death of WoW if that would come true.

id love to see account wide rep, im talking about ALL reps, not just mop rep, which im already cap exalted with so dont get any ideas. i enjoy playing alts, but im also an achieve whore. as such, i feel as though playing an alt is kind of penalizing. note that this wouldnt affect my main in the least, as i dont have any alt reps that my main doesnt, but its still something id like to see.

Deleted
    when i heard the rep achievs were BoA i assumed the rep progress would be aswell, but i was wrong

Deleted
    If u follow the trend of alts getting everything the main has, it would end up in pure boredom cause at some point there is nothing more to do then. So i voted "no"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking they would with account-wide achievements, although the rewards and mounts from Exalted are account-wide as well.

I'd like the change as I play all 11 classes, but I doubt they'll do anything other than the items in 5.1.

Boa would make them too easy.

Imo I would like to see a item you can get daily for running a dungeon/raid (like the satchel) that can be used to give a fixed amount of rep to a faction(turning it in at the factions respective quest hub) of your choice or will multiply the amount of rep you can gain for 12-24 hours (3-4 times normal rate perhaps). That way you can just not do the dailies if you feel like it and take a straight rep gain or go do the dailies and get a nice amount of extra rep.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Of course you get Rep from the Dailies. It's the only way to gain rep after questing out the leveling zones.
    And that part doesn't have to be touched. Its your toons progress.
    Otherwise we would really slowly move more and more to a "homogenization" where we could just roll a template toon, like you can on PTR/Beta.
    One click. Everything is there you already have added up through all other toons...... Boring.... Dead boring..
    I would foresee the death of WoW if that would come true.
    But you're not really character developing with reputation rewards... Items that progress characters require VP, VP requires dailies (or LFD). As I said, if every character shared rep individual characters would still require dailies to collect VP. All a shared reputation would do is cut out the rep grind but keep the VP dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes and YES
    It will save insane amount of time, maybe make rep twice longer than now but still account wide is a bless that will save us
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely they should. They just need to implement it so you can only earn a set amount of reputation per day or per week so you can't do the dailies on six toons and get six times the reputation in a day (I assume they would want to control the pace at which people get rewards). I imagine this could be accomplished by moving daily quests to the same system battle pet quests use where they are account bound, not character bound.

I voted yes because it would alleviate some of the problems with this system, but i think it would be insufficient.

You would still be forced to do the dailies for the charms anyway.

I think the real solution is to give other ways to get the same rewards you get with dailies.

rep tabards or something similar and dungeons giving charms is what its needed, forcing people to get out of the world IS NOT a good thing. They should decide to go there by they own making interesting stuff happen there, not because you hand out a bountifull of rewards for a single activity.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-11-20 at 03:18 PM.

385 voted and 75% says yes.
    i know it is a small portion, but still 75% say yes. me included.

making the exalted achie much easyer :P plus no more rep farm on alts.
    however if this was added some day. the amount of rep gain on your chars should be alter or changed somehow.

if you got 5x a 90 lvl. 5 times daily quests= loads of rep and rep gain is too fast.

but i would like it for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But you're not really character developing with reputation rewards... Items that progress characters require VP, VP requires dailies (or LFD). As I said, if every character shared rep individual characters would still require dailies to collect VP. All a shared reputation would do is cut out the rep grind but keep the VP dailies
    Wait, so gaining trust and strengthening your relationship with a faction has less to do with character development than accumulating currency?

i will say yes but only if raid lockout go BOA too.

Thinking about it more, but why not just add an item you can purchase at Exalted, a commendation you can send to an alt that basically can be turned in by said alt only once. The commendation boosts the alts reputation up to the beginning of Revered for that faction. It's sort of like my main, so loved by the faction, is giving his support in money to my alt, thus they trust him more. If you wanted to get up to Exalted again, you would have to earn that last leg of the trip on the alt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not completely BOA no, the wotlk/cata model worked well where the important rep specific shoulder/head enchants WERE BoA but the rep wasnt.

I'd argue with the MoP system - once you unlock JP/VP items on specific reps, that those unlocks should be BoA, as the current system is bad enough to have to grind out on your main, and reduces the viability of quickly gearing up alts - which seems odd seeing as Blizzard made lots of changes to promote the use of alts etc

so yeh I suggest that they move all the JP/VP items to new vendors that only unlock once a character on your account has reached the required reputation with that faction.

I'd have like the rep items to be BoA, if not the rep itself.

Getting rep gives my alts something to do, and the only things that are useful are the crafting recipes.

At the very least, reputations or the items from them should be server-wide.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.