View Poll Results: Should reputations become BoA?

Voters
526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    390 74.14%
  • No

    106 20.15%
  • Undecided

    30 5.70%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    I'd have like the rep items to be BoA, if not the rep itself.

    Getting rep gives my alts something to do, and the only things that are useful are the crafting recipes.

  2. #122
    At the very least, reputations or the items from them should be server-wide.

  3. #123
    Mechagnome Yerbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    615
    So at what point do we cease referring to them as 'achievements' and begin referring to them as 'entitlements'?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

  4. #124
    well im absolutely not motivated to do the entire golden lotus grind on my lock alt, so it'd be nice

    even at double rep gain, its STILL a long way to exalted. and then there is shado-pan and august celestials.

  5. #125
    Bloodsail Admiral Narshe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Caves of Narshe
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    YES YES, so YES.

    They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.
    Have an option to use 50 coins (or JP) to boost your rep by a certain amount.

    http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

  6. #126
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,812
    I am content (for now) with them giving us increased reputation next patch for our alts, as long as we are revered or higher on one char.

    Wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for the fact that several reputation grinds now are painfully slow, which would be fine if you did something more interesting than kill X amount of mobs several times pr day for each faction..

  7. #127
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury View Post
    So at what point do we cease referring to them as 'achievements' and begin referring to them as 'entitlements'?
    They never were achievements more endured features

  8. #128
    Be nice to be able to use the farm for VPs/coins as well. Only so many bloody spirits a man can use.

    Also, I'd like to see "50% extra VP when you cap on one toon" changed to "50% extra VP when you get 1000VP account wide in one week". The way it is right now means the bonus doesn't really kick in early enough.

  9. #129
    Mechagnome Yerbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They never were achievements more endured features
    Your opinion.

    For some, an exalted reputation is an achievement. For others, it is a means to an end, and a painful grind. It is all about your priorities within the game.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

  10. #130
    Warchief Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,038
    Normally I would say "no", but that changed with MoP.

  11. #131
    Yes.

    But in this format...once you reach exalted with a faction you are able to buy a BoA tabard. This tabard would function like the guild tabard in that it gives rep for that faction for every quest turn in and mob kill (in dungeons).

    Right now you can buy a faction tabard at exalted but it serves no purpose. Instead of inventing a new "coin" or whatever that we have to buy for our alts just utilize something that is already in game and something that already has supporting code.


    I fully support dailies and do not at all mind doing them on my main. It only takes about an hour a day. It is just by the third time that day I am starting to get a little tired of them. If I tried to get all six of my current max level character through the dailies it would take me darn near six hours. Even when they double the rep or whatever is coming in 5.1, the time required to do more than one set of dailies each day is still going to remain the same.

    As for other things to do, sure I would love to get in some pet battles, do some scenarios, pvp, dungeons...but all I have time for each day are dailies and that isn't even doing dailies on all my alts usually only manage about three alts through the daily rep grind.

    Doing the same content multiple times a day is not good game design. Providing an alternative means of obtaining rep via an BoA tabard (that is only purchasable once you hit exalted) seems like a good starting point. Maybe even through a 10% xp boost on the tabard as well since we didn't get any leveling heirlooms (BoAs) this expansion.

  12. #132
    Mechagnome Yerbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    615
    I just think that the reputation achievement and the benefit derived from that achievement should be separated. If Blizzard wants to make all reputation rewards BoA so that you can purchase items for your alts without grinding rep on every character, I personally have no issue with that. However, a character should only benefit from a reputation achievement if it has earned that achievement.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

  13. #133
    Dreadlord Kegler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    780
    Abosultely. That'd be amazing.

  14. #134
    High Overlord Crimsonfiend76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury View Post
    I just think that the reputation achievement and the benefit derived from that achievement should be separated. If Blizzard wants to make all reputation rewards BoA so that you can purchase items for your alts without grinding rep on every character, I personally have no issue with that. However, a character should only benefit from a reputation achievement if it has earned that achievement.

    on the same page with you right there about making items BOA once you get exalted. i dont care about the exalted achiev, itself, just would wish profession recipes were'nt tied to rep, as my alts professions' support my raiding main toon, and im fighting burnout as it is.

  15. #135
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    I would like them to go Account wide. Not really for the new ones, but more importantly for the ones from Vanilla or bc. I have changed my main 3 times, and it feels hard to grind them the third time for my monk. I also have the conquerer on paper for example (1 char has warsong other char has arathi on highes rank)
    Would be nice, so I wont have to do all that stuff over and over again.
    When you did it once, you should be able to have it on other characters. Even have to be friendlich on the alts would be ok.

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,420
    No, of course not. Although I hate grinding for reps, they already give MORE than enough ways to acquire it easily nowadays. I honestly don't think we need more BoA stuff. I feel as if they do give in and make rep BoA people will start asking for EXP to be BoA... Just my thoughts...
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  17. #137
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No, of course not. Although I hate grinding for reps, they already give MORE than enough ways to acquire it easily nowadays. I honestly don't think we need more BoA stuff. I feel as if they do give in and make rep BoA people will start asking for EXP to be BoA... Just my thoughts...
    What about Warsong and Arathi? The other PvP Factions? Hydraxian WAterlords? Same thing for you? I feel it is really hard to do it again. Not saying you should get it for free. Just, when you did it with one char, you should have the benefits to your alts

  18. #138
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    What about Warsong and Arathi? The other PvP Factions? Hydraxian WAterlords? Same thing for you? I feel it is really hard to do it again. Not saying you should get it for free. Just, when you did it with one char, you should have the benefits to your alts
    I'm saying no for every rep. Plus I mean, now that achievements are account wide, what are you REALLY going to need from any of those reps on your other chars? OR are rep achievements not account wide? Can't remember.

    Anywho, what I'm saying is that this is not another capricious demand from the players that should be given. It makes people feel extremely entitled when every wishes they make gets put in the game. Plus I see no reason for any of the older reps to be BoA... You're not going to get anything out of it.

    And what benefits are you talking about :s confused as to what you need for Hydraxian, the attunement that that required them is long gone.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  19. #139
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm saying no for every rep. Plus I mean, now that achievements are account wide, what are you REALLY going to need from any of those reps on your other chars? OR are rep achievements not account wide? Can't remember.

    Anywho, what I'm saying is that this is not another capricious demand from the players that should be given. It makes people feel extremely entitled when every wishes they make gets put in the game. Plus I see no reason for any of the older reps to be BoA... You're not going to get anything out of it.

    And what benefits are you talking about :s confused as to what you need for Hydraxian, the attunement that that required them is long gone.
    I dont get any benefit, from hydraxians, its just a complitionist thing. On my 2nd char i played i have 65 reps on max rank. On my new monk, i have now 7. the 70 reputations on max rank is not account wide.
    also, i dont get the benefit for warsong max on my rogue from classic, and arathi from my paladin from bc. They aren ot combined. So, on paper, i have done the conquerer with two characters, but it does not count.
    I worked really hard on my paladin for the reps. Now, playing my monk i have none of these in the account when I look it up. Its not gamebreaking. It just would be nice to have the hard work on the account.

  20. #140
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I dont get any benefit, from hydraxians, its just a complitionist thing. On my 2nd char i played i have 65 reps on max rank. On my new monk, i have now 7. the 70 reputations on max rank is not account wide.
    also, i dont get the benefit for warsong max on my rogue from classic, and arathi from my paladin from bc. They aren ot combined. So, on paper, i have done the conquerer with two characters, but it does not count.
    I worked really hard on my paladin for the reps. Now, playing my monk i have none of these in the account when I look it up. Its not gamebreaking. It just would be nice to have the hard work on the account.
    Yeah, I can understand that, but as I said I feel it's just more entitlement for the playerbase, which is not something we need right now. It's only going to lead to more crying and whining later on.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •