Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So at what point do we cease referring to them as 'achievements' and begin referring to them as 'entitlements'?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

well im absolutely not motivated to do the entire golden lotus grind on my lock alt, so it'd be nice

even at double rep gain, its STILL a long way to exalted. and then there is shado-pan and august celestials.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    YES YES, so YES.

They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.
    Have an option to use 50 coins (or JP) to boost your rep by a certain amount.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I am content (for now) with them giving us increased reputation next patch for our alts, as long as we are revered or higher on one char.

Wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for the fact that several reputation grinds now are painfully slow, which would be fine if you did something more interesting than kill X amount of mobs several times pr day for each faction..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury View Post
    So at what point do we cease referring to them as 'achievements' and begin referring to them as 'entitlements'?
    They never were achievements more endured features

Be nice to be able to use the farm for VPs/coins as well. Only so many bloody spirits a man can use.

Also, I'd like to see "50% extra VP when you cap on one toon" changed to "50% extra VP when you get 1000VP account wide in one week". The way it is right now means the bonus doesn't really kick in early enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They never were achievements more endured features
    Your opinion.

For some, an exalted reputation is an achievement. For others, it is a means to an end, and a painful grind. It is all about your priorities within the game.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would say "no", but that changed with MoP.

Yes.

But in this format...once you reach exalted with a faction you are able to buy a BoA tabard. This tabard would function like the guild tabard in that it gives rep for that faction for every quest turn in and mob kill (in dungeons).

Right now you can buy a faction tabard at exalted but it serves no purpose. Instead of inventing a new "coin" or whatever that we have to buy for our alts just utilize something that is already in game and something that already has supporting code.

I fully support dailies and do not at all mind doing them on my main. It only takes about an hour a day. It is just by the third time that day I am starting to get a little tired of them. If I tried to get all six of my current max level character through the dailies it would take me darn near six hours. Even when they double the rep or whatever is coming in 5.1, the time required to do more than one set of dailies each day is still going to remain the same.

As for other things to do, sure I would love to get in some pet battles, do some scenarios, pvp, dungeons...but all I have time for each day are dailies and that isn't even doing dailies on all my alts usually only manage about three alts through the daily rep grind.

Doing the same content multiple times a day is not good game design. Providing an alternative means of obtaining rep via an BoA tabard (that is only purchasable once you hit exalted) seems like a good starting point. Maybe even through a 10% xp boost on the tabard as well since we didn't get any leveling heirlooms (BoAs) this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just think that the reputation achievement and the benefit derived from that achievement should be separated. If Blizzard wants to make all reputation rewards BoA so that you can purchase items for your alts without grinding rep on every character, I personally have no issue with that. However, a character should only benefit from a reputation achievement if it has earned that achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abosultely. That'd be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury View Post
    I just think that the reputation achievement and the benefit derived from that achievement should be separated. If Blizzard wants to make all reputation rewards BoA so that you can purchase items for your alts without grinding rep on every character, I personally have no issue with that. However, a character should only benefit from a reputation achievement if it has earned that achievement.

on the same page with you right there about making items BOA once you get exalted. i dont care about the exalted achiev, itself, just would wish profession recipes were'nt tied to rep, as my alts professions' support my raiding main toon, and im fighting burnout as it is.

Deleted
    I would like them to go Account wide. Not really for the new ones, but more importantly for the ones from Vanilla or bc. I have changed my main 3 times, and it feels hard to grind them the third time for my monk. I also have the conquerer on paper for example (1 char has warsong other char has arathi on highes rank)
    Would be nice, so I wont have to do all that stuff over and over again.
    When you did it once, you should be able to have it on other characters. Even have to be friendlich on the alts would be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not. Although I hate grinding for reps, they already give MORE than enough ways to acquire it easily nowadays. I honestly don't think we need more BoA stuff. I feel as if they do give in and make rep BoA people will start asking for EXP to be BoA... Just my thoughts...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No, of course not. Although I hate grinding for reps, they already give MORE than enough ways to acquire it easily nowadays. I honestly don't think we need more BoA stuff. I feel as if they do give in and make rep BoA people will start asking for EXP to be BoA... Just my thoughts...
    What about Warsong and Arathi? The other PvP Factions? Hydraxian WAterlords? Same thing for you? I feel it is really hard to do it again. Not saying you should get it for free. Just, when you did it with one char, you should have the benefits to your alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    What about Warsong and Arathi? The other PvP Factions? Hydraxian WAterlords? Same thing for you? I feel it is really hard to do it again. Not saying you should get it for free. Just, when you did it with one char, you should have the benefits to your alts
    I'm saying no for every rep. Plus I mean, now that achievements are account wide, what are you REALLY going to need from any of those reps on your other chars? OR are rep achievements not account wide? Can't remember.

Anywho, what I'm saying is that this is not another capricious demand from the players that should be given. It makes people feel extremely entitled when every wishes they make gets put in the game. Plus I see no reason for any of the older reps to be BoA... You're not going to get anything out of it.

And what benefits are you talking about :s confused as to what you need for Hydraxian, the attunement that that required them is long gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm saying no for every rep. Plus I mean, now that achievements are account wide, what are you REALLY going to need from any of those reps on your other chars? OR are rep achievements not account wide? Can't remember.

Anywho, what I'm saying is that this is not another capricious demand from the players that should be given. It makes people feel extremely entitled when every wishes they make gets put in the game. Plus I see no reason for any of the older reps to be BoA... You're not going to get anything out of it.

And what benefits are you talking about :s confused as to what you need for Hydraxian, the attunement that that required them is long gone.
    I dont get any benefit, from hydraxians, its just a complitionist thing. On my 2nd char i played i have 65 reps on max rank. On my new monk, i have now 7. the 70 reputations on max rank is not account wide.
    also, i dont get the benefit for warsong max on my rogue from classic, and arathi from my paladin from bc. They aren ot combined. So, on paper, i have done the conquerer with two characters, but it does not count.
    I worked really hard on my paladin for the reps. Now, playing my monk i have none of these in the account when I look it up. Its not gamebreaking. It just would be nice to have the hard work on the account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I dont get any benefit, from hydraxians, its just a complitionist thing. On my 2nd char i played i have 65 reps on max rank. On my new monk, i have now 7. the 70 reputations on max rank is not account wide.
    also, i dont get the benefit for warsong max on my rogue from classic, and arathi from my paladin from bc. They aren ot combined. So, on paper, i have done the conquerer with two characters, but it does not count.
    I worked really hard on my paladin for the reps. Now, playing my monk i have none of these in the account when I look it up. Its not gamebreaking. It just would be nice to have the hard work on the account.
    Yeah, I can understand that, but as I said I feel it's just more entitlement for the playerbase, which is not something we need right now. It's only going to lead to more crying and whining later on.

Deleted
    What crying and whining do you see happening? What is you position to, I have done it once, I would like to have it on the account. I mean, it is not somethinkg i want for nothing. I already earned that exalted rep. I would even go so far to say, let me grind to friendy or the rank after that (sorry cant remember which one it is)
    Are you concerned, because players could by the rep items for their alts right away?

I honestly like the "get revered, have accelerated rep with alts", but ONLY IF THEY ADDED IT TO ALL REPs, not just the panda reps. I have 41 reps exalted on my paladin, and am thinking of switching over to my warlock. And I would love to get a lot of the reps from pre-pandaria to exalted on him for recipes and transmog gear, mostly. But the thought of running all those old dungeons, killing twilight cultists in silithus, killing arakkoa or whatever they are up in Skettis for Skyguard rep... Just for a few recipes, and to continue on with the exalted reputation achieves which don't seem to be account wide. That's what I really want.

Don't just do that for pandaria reputations. Give it for ALL reputations, from classic to current.