Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    , they already give MORE than enough ways to acquire it easily nowadays.
    Do they? Please explain how besides dailies

Yes...YES YES....seriously wtf was blizzard thinking!? I now have 2 alts stuck between IL 460 and 470 like so many other people because we refuse to do a LOT of quests that we already did on on our mains over and over and over again. Seriously, the double rep patch that's coming isn't even gonna do it for me. I'm simply NOT doing this shit again and that's that. If you get to revered on one toon then ALL of your toons should be revered. I already did those quests soooo many times, now you want me to do them all over again...twice? I'm not even going to consider doing it. And if you want to get to IL 470 to do the last few raids you almost HAVE to do the dailies. This was a HUGE blunder on Blizzard's part. If they don't fix this within the next couple weeks I'll be saying Farewell WoW, Hello Rift!

Just by the sample size of the people that have voted...you would think Blizzard would be smart enough to do this.

Deleted
    Should become BoA when you hit 70 exalted/best friend factions IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what they're doing in 5.1 is a decent compromise. Channeling my RP side for a moment: In terms of the game world itself, your main represents something of a family of characters which also include your alts. Your main's accomplishments may make a faction more...willing...to giving your alts something of a short cut as a bonus for your main's previous service and to some extent that mimics how the real world works in many cases.

But your alts still need to do at least something to deserve the rewards. Which also mimics real world experience.

Anyway, that's one theory. It works for me.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-20 at 09:22 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Grinding reps on more than one character is unfair, and it hurts the game more than they know. For instance, if my Monk, Paladin and Priest had access to the VP items I would queue for heroics as tank / healer for the VP cap thus helping to improve queue times. I do not mind the grind on one character, I think you should work hard for the rewards, but to say you have to do it on other chars to make VP worthwhile just isn't a good design.

I don't care how much they accelerate rep gain for alts, I cringe at the thought of grinding dailies after completing them once.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I think it would become WAY too easy to gain rep. I like it the way it is where each of your characters has separate relations with different groups. It wouldn't make much sense either for you to get, lets say, exalted with one group on that character and then on a completely different character who you never even introduced that group to is also exalted somehow.

And for the people who complain that they hate going back and grinding through rep again to get exalted with that same group, it's better the way it is now. I mean just think of how much replayability is lost if you just get exalted with all groups on one guy what are you going to do then on one of your alts? It will be more of a problem then because it will become even more boring now that you have even less stuff to do since you're already exalted with everybody in the game. Then you will just complain again that there is nothing to do in the game.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-20 at 10:42 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    no i like the idea of what they are doing in 5.1 I think that is enough

Why even have alts anyway? Why not just a dropdown menu on the character sheet that lets you pick your class with the same level of decision-making involved in picking a title?

Deleted
    if reputations were account wide ppl had less to do that they 'have to do' in game, leading to people getting bored and unsubscribe. ppl unsubscribing leads to less spending by whoever develops the game meaning even worse game design then atm. funny, right? removal of boring rep grind leads to even more boredom ingame.

I would like a boost for sure, but just giving all of your characters on your account max rep for free (assuming you are exalted with all on your main) feels a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that, but as I said I feel it's just more entitlement for the playerbase, which is not something we need right now. It's only going to lead to more crying and whining later on.
    I'm not sure it's about entitlement. I think it's more about people questioning the point of the Reputation system and by extension, the repetitive grind to max it out if you have multiple characters, or even just one, for some people.

Personally, I don't really consider most of the reputation systems very creative or interesting. The daily system itself isn't really that exciting once you've done each quest at least once, then the novelty wears off. Some people do like these systems, nothing wrong with that. But I think Blizzard could do more to "hide" the grind behind the content, and in addition add alternate paths (where it makes sense at least) for people not fond of strictly questing every single day.

The question I tend to ask myself about game mechanics is "if there were no reward, would I still do it?" or put another way "Is this still fun even if I gain nothing tangible in return?". I can say that about PvP, because killing players is fun. I can say that about raiding, because killing bosses is fun. Even dungeons can be fun to play, especially when they are complicated and challenging. Doing cycled quests for weeks/months on end? Not sure I'd do that without the carrot waiting for me. The other stuff is what I consider content, since the only barrier to entry is my own skill as a player and the appropriate gear/level. But reputations are all about time sink, and aren't really content by themselves. It's just a bar you fill by doing other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If reps became BOA, then we would probably start playing again. The main reason we stopped was because we were bored with our mains and switching a character would mean doing all that work that we did on our mains over again, witch was days upon days of gameplay time. Just wasn't worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    if reputations were account wide ppl had less to do that they 'have to do' in game, leading to people getting bored and unsubscribe. ppl unsubscribing leads to less spending by whoever develops the game meaning even worse game design then atm. funny, right? removal of boring rep grind leads to even more boredom ingame.
    But that's the thing, people are bored of dailies and not doing them a second time. Besides MoP introduced numerous other things to do, however spending 6 weeks doing dailies everyday drains peoples insensitive to do anything else and ultimately people log out once done because either they're tired/bored or run out of game time. The average person probably has 4 hours a day of game time...

15+ Year Old Account
    it should be. afterall they are making rewards from hitting exalted (e.g. a title, a mount, sth like that) account wide, so why not the rep itself?

ESPECIALLY whith the mop way of how the reputation grind works - dailys until you puke from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    The point of Blizz for dailies was to get ppl out into the world again.
    I do dailies with 2 alts. This costs a lot of time. So I avoid PvP not to waste* any more time. It seems others handle it the same way. I had just one PvP incident while doing dailies so far.

I would appreciate to get Serpent riding skill via BoA for my Druid, because it´s nice to have but not as good as the swift flight form.
    *That´s the problem. As long as open PvP is useless and imbalanced all the dailies could just as well be set in Stormwind, Orgrimmar or be instanced. We need some incentives to engage in PvP. There are some really nice approaches so far. I like that we have 40% passive resilience now and it´s really cool that PvP-Power and PvP-Resilience stats doesn´t count to the iLvl budget. That way PvP gear is first choice even for PvEers and it´s possible to farm fast and be ready for PvP action at the same time.
    Now we only need a reason to PvP. For example a currency like PvP-Might. You start with 0 every day and each PvP kill gives you x% of your victims PvP-Might. For every x PvP-Might your character grows in size and you get more loot from mobs. There could be an aura surrounding you so that everyone near you get´s more loot as well. And of course we need a better grouping system. There should always be an automatic raid interface whenever someone else farms/quests near you. And "enemy detected!" alerts.

What bothers me the most is that they remove certain aspects of the game. Grinding reputations through dungeons has been around in vanilla. For me, I enjoyed the TBC reputation style the most (specific factions bounds to certain dungeons i.e. Lower City through SH, Crypts, MT, Shadow lab). As well for unlocking those heroics by reaching honored with that faction. However, I do understand that not everyone like this model. Other factions such as Sha'tari skyguard, The Consortium and Netherwing for example had a mix of both dailies and grinding certain objects.

In WotLK they introduced the tabards which you can wear to gain reputation in any dungeon as well removed the reputation required to join an heroic instance. This was I guess a step forward for people who did not enjoyed the TBC style, even though it has the same thing: reputation gained through dungeon. They used this system in Cataclysm as well.

In MoP, they removed all of this. The only way to gain reputation is with daily quests (exception of golden lotus with key farming, which I personally LOVE doing). Not did they only removed the dailiy cap (there was a 10 daily quest limit in TBC) they reduced the amount of reputation you gain from dailys as well (roughly about a 100 or so per daily). We get told that daily quests is a part of content. They remove the way to gain reputation, lower the amount, increase the amount of dailys we "have" to do (mixed feelings for everyone). For me, the daily quest grind is more of a single player game, I despise this system ALOT and I feel that I'm not the only one. Shouldn't we expect more gameplay with an expension rather then using a system that is getting old? Shouldn't we expect other gameplay mechanics to progress our character without the feeling it's so much of a chore. For me, challenging modes and scenarios are one step in the right direction. However, why remove rep gains through dungeons and progress our characters by doing quests over and over again?

I expected before MoP announcement that they would add a system (similair as Path of the Titans link) that would made you progress your character by doing certain tasks in the world itself. For me, the solo gameplay experience wasn't quite what I expected. A big disappointment for me so far.

Edit: To answer OP question, I'd love to get those tabards to gain reputation on alts.
    Last edited by irongar; 2012-11-21 at 03:07 PM.

I would be all for reputations being account wide as it would really speed up the progression of alts

The bonus Rep items are not bad but to be honest 100% extra rep isn't nearly enough of a bonus though 500% or even 1000% bonus would be perfectly acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Tabards should, though.

Deleted
    no , not untill the next expansion is over and they have reached that level , like now on 90 my alt should be exalted with the avengers of hyajl for example , IF he dings 86 BUT for stuff like the shado pan helmets , order of the cloud serpent mounts and the recipes , yes they should be acount wide after 1 of my alts dings 91 , he should be exalted with the shado pan like my main , the gear is useless for him then ( maybe transmog ) and the other stuff he already has.