Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is there so much CRZ hate?

Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?

Deleted
    Because for a low population server what you get is all the disadvantages of a high populated server , losing all the advantages you had .

You get :

1. you are ganked more offen if you are on a PVP server/it slow your leveling speed .
    2. more competition for herbs, mines , quest mobs .
    3. more competition for rare spawns
    4. less itemes reaching your Auction House ( when 15 guys from your server are competing with 900 from others guess how many items can be found at AH )
    5. yes, you can find more poeple to do group quest . Too bad group quests were deleted from the game .
    6. more people to do quests together, too bad you lose experience grouping . Thx Blizzard .And mobs die in 20 sec anyway to you alone . No need for group for anything.
    7. you get world pvp . Too bad this suck balls. Blizzard stated again and again that they don't balance the game for 1 vs 1 . Hell, not even for 2 vs 2. So you are throwed to "enjoy" more often an unbalanced unfair pvp game . Where there are no consequences for gankers : they can use fast the same CRZ sistem to hide on other server when the retaliation force come for
    revenge.
    8. still no one to recruit for raids / guilds.

The only advantage is seeing more people in the world . In the end Blizzard could just as good make NPC bots players-look-alike runing around in your world .
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2012-11-18 at 04:11 PM.

I'm on a low population server, and I love CRZ. I don't understand the hate at all. It makes it take a little longer to get max level mining, but big deal. It wasn't ever easy before Cataclysm anyway. I think people are just being babies that the WoW world is being shared, as it's supposed to be, and some people on PvP realms are realizing they aren't cut out for it, but are blaming CRZ instead of themselves.

Going from 1-50, I have seen a total of 5 people doing the quests I am on. Same could be said for a DK I have taken from 55-89, its very rare for me to run into anyone questing, even in the MoP zones. =/

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What problem?

I play on a medium population server, or rather it was that. I have never ever seen anyone complain about population. We had an active AH, active guilds, active pugs, active trade. We did not need to have mats gathered reduced by 33% +. We are, btw, PvE realm so we did not feel the need to have a lot of low levels to bully - sorry the term used is gank I think. PvP realms need CRZ so the kiddies bullied irl can take out their unhappiness by making other peoples' lives miserable, but that did not apply to us, so why was it brought in - and brought in full of bugs just before an expansion was released. I appreciate Blizz knew that would reduce the number of complaints but still no fishing tournaments because blizzard cannot correct the timing issues that allows people to cheat. Still no flying across zones easily in 2-man mounts because you get parachuted out unless you spend time being really carefull. No dealing with the problem of rares and pets and mats being shared by 5-6 servers but not respawned faster. Blizzard nerfed quests that needed groups, like many in Nagrand so no need there for more people around.

So where did the calls for more people come from/ Most of them, if not all, came from low population servers where they have trouble recruiting people for raiding guilds - and this has made such servers worse, still no people on them but where things that made being on a low population server better, such as rares spawning and mats.

I have cancelled the subscriptions on 2 of my accounts. When this one ends I will stop playing, after almost 6 years. Like many older players I felt the server was a type of home. Now it is full of strangers stealing my mats & mobs and the fun has gone out of the game. To many of us it is like having strangers living in your house and making you queue to use your kettle & bathroom. I know many kiddies love it as they have not the ability to read or understand a quest by themselves and now there are always people to leech from but if I had wanted to spend my days with babies tbh I would have got a job in a nursery not played WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Going from 1-50, I have seen a total of 5 people doing the quests I am on. Same could be said for a DK I have taken from 55-89, its very rare for me to run into anyone questing, even in the MoP zones. =/
    Try to level mining in Hellfire Peninsula .
    Then come back and tell me if it was fun.

Deleted
    It's a good idea on paper, too bad it's poorly implemented, incredibly buggy and ripe for abuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should have atleast used GW2's idea for nodes and stuff...

But yeah.. having 500 different people on difference servers all camping same rare spawn is terrible as hell.

nope i play on a high pop server and crz has just mad things worse

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Try to level mining in Hellfire Peninsula .
    Then come back and tell me if it was fun.
    agree with this completely
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-18 at 04:52 PM.

i am on a pvp server and i love crz. even on my alts that are based on dead pvp servers the game has become much more alive and active. feels like an mmo again.. crazy innit !

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say...

70% of complaints about CRZ are players who get ganked twice and so enrage and go to spit words about how bad CRZ is on the forums.
    20% are botters who secretly don't like the high risk of gaining more reports than before.
    The rest have real issues with it.

And now, doesn't it sound familiar? ah ye... that happens with about 80% of the "poblems" in WoW.

The people who think it is a problem are advanced players who understand what to expect from a leveling zone and how that differs from the endgame. The people who don't think it's a problem are the new players who are more easily impressed by seeing other players out in the world. These are the players who might never get to level cap, but are just checking out the game to see what all the hype is about. They are the people who Blizzard needs to draw into the game to replace people that are unsubscribing, and that is why we get major investment dollars spent on "improving" the lowbie game experience.

"CERZ PERPLEZ TERKEN ER STERF @_@"

ive found thats what the majority of the arguments are from.

the only actual atrguments i see that hold merit are things like the fishing tourneys that crz actually broke
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'd say...

70% of complaints about CRZ are players who get ganked twice and so enrage and go to spit words about how bad CRZ is on the forums.
    20% are botters who secretly don't like the high risk of gaining more reports than before.
    The rest have real issues with it.

And now, doesn't it sound familiar? ah ye... that happens with about 80% of the "poblems" in WoW.
    I'd say...

70% of your posts are lies.
    20% of your posts are factually inaccurate.
    The rest have real substance to them.

Doesn't it sound familiar? this happens with 80% of the false statistics on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like CRZ for the fact there are more people, everywhere (I play on a PVP realm).

I feel like my 'realm' is alive again and it can be dangerous to level an alt, as it should be.

There are, however, a few flaws.

1) The 'zoning in' pause when you are 'loading' into a different realm that is hosting your zone
    2) Battle pets (and maybe other things?) phasing out due to not being on the realm you are switched too (I believe when using flightpaths you always revert to your realm)
    3) 'Portal' load in areas, as the image below illustrates:

Aside from that, the benefits outwigh the negative in my opinion, based on my playstyle.

Mosley's post is probably the most accurate here... because I don't see this as a problem in the first place, particularly since the mechanics of the game punish players for working together unless they absolutely have to (note that I'm not saying you cannot have more fun doing things with other players, just that in the majority of situations you get less benefit for doing so.) However, newer players could be more easily impressed by seeing lots of people running around, and it might help keep those players playing... particularly if they have more people they can ask questions about the game (assuming said people answer).

*shrug* the only situations I see as being helped by CRZ are new players being more impressed or having more potential sources of help (since they might not know the various websites and forums they can use), low-pop RP servers having more people to RP with, and low-pop PvP servers having more people to fight (given, most of that will be ganking, but if you signed up for a PvP server that's probably all you care about anyways :-P). Those are situations worth helping, I'm just not sure they're, on their own, sufficient to warrant the whole new system.

Then again, after playing GW2, I have a lot less sympathy for systems that don't encourage players working together, so that probably colors my perception here. (In GW2, anyone who helps kill a mob gets full xp and loot, even if they're not grouped.. so if the mob is worth 200 xp, one player kills it and gets 200 xp, 2 players kill it and both get 200 xp, etc. Resource nodes are individually phased for each player, so any resource node you can see can only be seen by you, so competition doesn't exist. You actually get xp for helping to revive a downed player. In short, there is no downside to helping each other out, and many upsides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes ganking a level 60 in a load screen at the dark portal area makes you a great PVP'ER doesn't it.

PvE-wise, the game has been designed for solo play while leveling outside of a handful of group quests leftover from TBC/Wrath. When you take a product designed to be played solo and pour a load of extra people into it, the game can become very frustrating to play because the original design goals conflict with the new system.

Although really, the issue people have isn't to do with CRZs being awful and terrible and the worst thing ever - as a feature they're actually a neat piece of technology that has obvious benefits for some players.
    What people hate is the fact that you're forced into CRZs regardless of whether you want them or not. It's like taking away the option to enter instances/raids without using the LFD tool.

CRZs are a cool feature, but the issue is that they haven't been packaged as a feature. They've been given to us as a forced baseline of the game that isn't compatible with the way a lot of people like to enjoy WoW.

It really baffles me why there isn't an opt-out yet.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because the one advantage that low pop servers had was you didn't have to worry about farming stuff that was it. High pop servers have so much more advantages like making gold,finding raiding guilds,finding pvp guilds,finding rare stuff on the AH,finding other guilds to compete with all those things high pop servers have an advantage with now they have the same advantages but low pop servers have no advantages except for que time logging into servers and that's only the top 10 servers are so. If blizz gave free server xfers for one day I bet most people on the bottom 50-100 servers would all leave or most of them anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to farm at night, so I had no problems YET with CRZ...

but yeah I see no benefits for me - only a few disadvantages like max-leveled chars killing my questmobs, questgivers etc.
    im on PvE-Server btw..