Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    true they complained that REALMS were empty
    I saw less people complaining about empty realms (if any) than people complaining about CRZ now.

    Guess that wasn't the wisest decision.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Merging servers has nothing to do with this technology, as merging servers would NOT populate all leveling zones, it would only make the end game more populated and all zones would still be empty.

    This NEW technology will make Azeroth populated in all zones forever.
    Eh? How will merging the 3 or 4 realms that utilize the cross-realm functionality result in less people in zones? There would be the exact same amount of people in leveling zones in both cases. I am scratching my head wondering how CRZ is in any way superior to actually merging those realms.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Majority? Really?

    Any facts to back this?
    Any facts to back otherwise? I do meet people everywhere I go who like CRZ. But each of them are in the minority.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    This NEW technology makes most zones of Azeroth lively and full of life. It is like a brand new MMO with its populated world.

    Only this time ... You are in a living breathing world in a game with ... 8 year old zones : )

    Only few will complain. If they don't like it they can play off hours or go search some calm zones and avoid world pvp by going to a pve server.

    All the rest though ... can as of now be assured... AZEROTH will always be a populated, living breathing and ACTIVE world ...independant of its subscribers number as 200k players means ...20 times MORE players around than the biggest WoW server could ever hold in the past.

    Simply awesome for creating an ever lasting Azeroth.
    So what your saying is from TBC onward World Of Warcraft wasn't a populated living breathing and Active world.

    So that means Blizzard has been lieing to their shareholders for years now, I'm sure they'll be glad to know that.

    Get off the pot and NO this isn't Kettle calling pot black. This CRZ feature isn't to make the world more lively you believe that you need to see a psychiatrist or you just arrived on the world yesterday.

    CRZ is all about reducing Blizzard's Server footprint without " merging servers " because we all know when you say merging server. The Gaming World throws up it's hands and screams "Games dead, next step FTP" which is just GARBAGE.

    Blizzard wants to keep this feature, that's fine. Do the right thing and just set all world servers time to one time zone or set half their server base to one time and set the other half to one hour ahead or back. That would fix all the negative lighting and world environment crap going on.

    Honestly at this point WHY? would blizzard care if it breaks timed events they have going on in the world, they BROKE so much what does another 3 or 4 things matter. In the end they might just stop a lot of what's really bothering a good portion of the player base. I'm 99% positive if they set all world time servers to the same time, the transitioning phase while switching zones WOULD disappear; the lighting effects and environmental changes would disappear and most likely the one that has everyone raging; the mount DISMOUNT would disappear.

    So WHY dont they try this? Just try to be smart about it this time. Alert the players in ADVANCE that your going to try to do it and have everything backed up to do a ROLLBACK if it really screws up.

    p.s. Bliz when you try this and it actually works, don't let your hand shake writing the cheque to me for the idea.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 12:46 AM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Well first off some folks don't like high population servers. They prefer the game their way and playing on low pop servers is what they do. Even low pop pvp servers. The high pop servers also get use to doing things their way for instance my horde raid on illidan and any alts I wanna lvl I can unless I Q for dungeons or PVP because lvl 90 well geared alliance from other servers camp for hours at starting quest hubs all over the world.

    Alliance on Illidan know better because they get surprise butsexxed for days on end if they do shit like that. Not the case anymore. It is not all bad but it has thrown the game world out of wack from the way it has been for 7 years and some don't like change. I don't think it helped a bit, not one bit. If you don't like high pop move to low pop, if you don't like low pop move to a better populated server. I don't think a blanket fix to a problem that does not exist is the solution.

    I do like being able to quest/5man/raid with buddies from other servers but I would give it up in a sec to get CRZ back out of this game.
    "The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil to exist because it isn't angry enough."
    -Bede Jarrett (historian)

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Because for a low population server what you get is all the disadvantages of a high populated server , losing all the advantages you had .

    You get :

    1. you are ganked more offen if you are on a PVP server/it slow your leveling speed .
    2. more competition for herbs, mines , quest mobs .
    3. more competition for rare spawns
    4. less itemes reaching your Auction House ( when 15 guys from your server are competing with 900 from others guess how many items can be found at AH )
    5. yes, you can find more poeple to do group quest . Too bad group quests were deleted from the game .
    6. more people to do quests together, too bad you lose experience grouping . Thx Blizzard .And mobs die in 20 sec anyway to you alone . No need for group for anything.
    7. you get world pvp . Too bad this suck balls. Blizzard stated again and again that they don't balance the game for 1 vs 1 . Hell, not even for 2 vs 2. So you are throwed to "enjoy" more often an unbalanced unfair pvp game . Where there are no consequences for gankers : they can use fast the same CRZ sistem to hide on other server when the retaliation force come for
    revenge.
    8. still no one to recruit for raids / guilds.


    The only advantage is seeing more people in the world . In the end Blizzard could just as good make NPC bots players-look-alike runing around in your world .
    That's a damned fine summary, sir. :salute:

  7. #107
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I saw less people complaining about empty realms (if any) than people complaining about CRZ now.

    Guess that wasn't the wisest decision.
    its all the people on low pop and dead realms that complained

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    So what your saying is from TBC onward World Of Warcraft wasn't a populated living breathing and Active world.

    So that means Blizzard has been lieing to their shareholders for years now, I'm sure they'll be glad to know that.

    Get off the pot and NO this isn't Kettle calling pot black. This CRZ feature isn't to make the world more lively you believe that you need to see a psychiatrist or you just arrived on the world yesterday.

    CRZ is all about reducing Blizzard's Server footprint without " merging servers " because we all know when you say merging server. The Gaming World throws up it's hands and screams "Games dead, next step FTP" which is just GARBAGE.
    .
    Each server was no longer a living breathing world in those leveling zones for sure...

    WoW forums went from "everyone is sitting in one city and the world is dead" to "world is ... too crowded" with ONE blow.



    If you think this cross server open world technology without loading screens is something cheap, guess again

    It is the mainstay of all their future MMO games.

    Crowded worlds for ever with this technology. On line games need people, MASSES of them to play with.

    The rest that follows is simply history as of now. And you have NO clue at all. Btw merging would only grow the number of " everyone is sitting in one city at end game" complaints even more.

    With cross server play ALL your leveling content is populated and alive. In fact for some ... Too populated and alive
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 09:27 AM.

  9. #109
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WoW forums went from "everyone is sitting in one city and the world is dead" to "world is ... too crowded" with ONE blow.
    Hardly...
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...712_215214.png

    The levelers are probably being ganked so much to even get to 85, and the MoP starting zones show the results...empty. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Well first off some folks don't like high population servers. They prefer the game their way and playing on low pop servers is what they do. Even low pop pvp servers. The high pop servers also get use to doing things their way for instance my horde raid on illidan and any alts I wanna lvl I can unless I Q for dungeons or PVP because lvl 90 well geared alliance from other servers camp for hours at starting quest hubs all over the world.

    Alliance on Illidan know better because they get surprise butsexxed for days on end if they do shit like that. Not the case anymore. It is not all bad but it has thrown the game world out of wack from the way it has been for 7 years and some don't like change. I don't think it helped a bit, not one bit. If you don't like high pop move to low pop, if you don't like low pop move to a better populated server. I don't think a blanket fix to a problem that does not exist is the solution.

    I do like being able to quest/5man/raid with buddies from other servers but I would give it up in a sec to get CRZ back out of this game.

    BS.

    All on line games need is players: MASSES of them or you simply don't have choices of playing that huge content offer.

    The internet is full of on line games which no longer can be played because you don't find people on line.

    Be that MMO's, Ipad games, shootrrs, on line niche board game translations etc.

    And since Blizzard has multi million players: they address them with MASSES of open world and instanced content

    Every on line game needs masses of players to populate content or your game is no longer attractive.

    Simple.

  11. #111
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    All on line games need is players: MASSES of them or you simply don't have choices of playing that huge content offer.
    What? Masses?

    You don't need 100 in a zone. 10 would do.

    Players want their realm to feel like their realm, not Wal-Mart (and as impersonal).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What? Masses?

    You don't need 100 in a zone. 10 would do.

    Players want their realm to feel like their realm, not Wal-Mart (and as impersonal).
    Masses of CONTENT needs masses of players.

    You can't populate 100 world zones and 100 leveling dungeons and 70 bracketed Bg's played along 90 levels with the players of one single realm. Not even with 10 per content offer.

    With this technique WoW could loose 95% of its players and you would still have 200.000 players per region to populate all this content. That's 20 times MORE than any single realm can hold ...

    Yeah, I know suddenly your posts about subscriptions and player numbers just crumbled to meaningless pieces...

    That's why you are so pissed off by this new technology.

    Worst fear: an ever populated Azeroth just became a reality.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'm on a low population server, and I love CRZ. I don't understand the hate at all. It makes it take a little longer to get max level mining, but big deal. It wasn't ever easy before Cataclysm anyway. I think people are just being babies that the WoW world is being shared, as it's supposed to be, and some people on PvP realms are realizing they aren't cut out for it, but are blaming CRZ instead of themselves.
    This, very much. I like it alot and a good old scrap of world PvP is just icing on the cake.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Masses of CONTENT needs masses of players.

    You can't populate 100 world zones and 100 leveling dungeons and 70 bracketed Bg's played along 90 levels with the players of one single realm. Not even with 10 per content offer.

    With this technique WoW could loose 95% of its players and you would still have 200.000 players per region to populate all this content. That's 20 times MORE than any single realm can hold ...

    Yeah, I know suddenly your posts about subscriptions and player numbers just crumbled to meaningless pieces...

    That's why you are so pissed off by this new technology.

    Worst fear: an ever populated Azeroth just became a reality.
    But what does having this glorified window dressing in levelling zones bring to the game? CRZ has some issues with it, some technical such as dismounting passengers on zone crossing or chat box spam on announcements and multiple time zones for zones, while others feel that having a massive crowd of strangers in a levelling zones shows certain game mechanics such as mob tagging to be archaic. Yes, the tech behind CRZ is impressive, but the fact it's been implemented with these problems still in place makes some people feel like they are beta testing a feature which dramatically changes the game and all for something whose biggest contribution to social interaction to date is ganking and griefing. There are things to sort out with CRZ, and dismissing any criticisms of it with "transfer to PvE server" is just flat out disingenuous. What the hell is the point is having more people in the zones when people clearly don't want more people around them and not just because of World PvP reasons, but because more people questing in a zone means thats it's going to take you longer to get through it. For some people CRZ's benefits does not outweigh it's drawbacks.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    But what does having this glorified window dressing in levelling zones bring to the game? CRZ has some issues with it, some technical such as dismounting passengers on zone crossing or chat box spam on announcements and multiple time zones for zones, while others feel that having a massive crowd of strangers in a levelling zones shows certain game mechanics such as mob tagging to be archaic. Yes, the tech behind CRZ is impressive, but the fact it's been implemented with these problems still in place makes some people feel like they are beta testing a feature which dramatically changes the game and all for something whose biggest contribution to social interaction to date is ganking and griefing. There are things to sort out with CRZ, and dismissing any criticisms of it with "transfer to PvE server" is just flat out disingenuous. What the hell is the point is having more people in the zones when people clearly don't want more people around them and not just because of World PvP reasons, but because more people questing in a zone means thats it's going to take you longer to get through it. For some people CRZ's benefits does not outweigh it's drawbacks.
    You stated it yourself: it is an impressive technique.

    Things always needs to be sorted out with every new game mechanic. You do realise that present day farms could not even be introduced without seamless phasing ???

    Just be sure that what is being seen here is TOP technology that will shape the future of MMORPG's more than anyone can even think of.

    ALWAYS populated open worlds with seamless loading between servers/realms is a giant step in their design and they are the only ones who can do it. In other fantasy based MMO's you only see a million loading screens and loaded up instances on single server technology. They don't represent worlds, they offer loading screens to mapped closed zones...

    And you complain about being dismounted on a dual seated flying mount ... or people complain they need to look more for mats ... In the open world of Azeroth....LOL.

    It can only happen in WoW: Blizzard is taking step by step by bringing in MORE people into the open seamless world and trolls turn it into a bad feature.

    Listen dude: you KNOW this is more than window dressing, and still you try to sell it as such...

    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 01:45 PM.

  16. #116
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,210
    There are only 2 things I hate about CRZ:

    - The noticable lag (1-3 seconds): It SUCKS flying through outland and getting lags on zone borders. Esp if you are a TBC player and are used to the absence of lags.
    - The dismount bug. But they said they are already on it.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Try to level mining in Hellfire Peninsula .
    Then come back and tell me if it was fun.
    This, so much.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  18. #118
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,805
    Because people are...

    1.: Selfish, they want all the mining/herbing/quest mobs for themselves.
    2.: The ones on PvP servers don't understand the meaning PvP and then notice that Cross-Realm brings a bit more challenge to the PvP realms.
    3.: They just need something to moan and whine about.

    I enjoy Cross-Realm, it brings life to some else dead zones. Brings more activity than running alone for an hour before seeing the next player, now if they would bring group quests back, then it'll fit perfectly. Really don't see the fuss about Cross-Realm, it's not even the new zones that are crossed unless some invited others to a group. The Cross-realm just brings life to the else dead zones like Westfall, Feralas and Burning Steppes, and that's just a few of them.

    Haven't experienced lag from cross-realm, unless I'm in a group with one from another realm. When it comes to levelling mining and herbing, I have no problems sharing, I'm normally flying at max when I arrive to Outland, and Northrend is nothing.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  19. #119
    To all the people saying they like CRZ. Tell me ONE positive thing besides seeing more players around you (Hostile or friendly).

    Because seeing more players around you has no positive effect on your leveling experience what so ever.

    If WoW was designed like say Guild Wars2, where there is no "tag system" and personal nodes, then CRZ would be fantastic. Nothing but dungeons and raids encourages co-operation in the wow and the open world. In fact, it actually discourages it.

    It's an old and out-dated design philosopy, and CRZ is enhancing that (negatively). One of them has to change in some manner.

    I created a thread myself regarding this some time ago and added my suggestions to changing the CRZ feature.

    Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848177615
    Last edited by neanoa; 2012-11-19 at 04:48 PM.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The rest that follows is simply history as of now. And you have NO clue at all. Btw merging would only grow the number of " everyone is sitting in one city at end game" complaints even more.

    With cross server play ALL your leveling content is populated and alive. In fact for some ... Too populated and alive
    Actually I have more of a clue than you sir, having worked with many MMO Production houses since Ultima Online dropped, so let me break the bad news to you early. When everyone has maxed their level 90 characters and people have given up on leveling alts because of the quirks and flaws in CRZ. EVERYONE will be back camped in the major cities again.

    Please wake up people it's an 8 year old game, of course the lower end zones are going to feel dead. And once everyone is doing the X amount of raids Blizzard put out for this expansion - IT WILL FEEL DEAD AGAIN.

    The only difference will be Blizzard will be short X amount of subscribers because they enraged their subscriber base really early in the expansion, it's the nature of MMO's to have older content zones DIE off.

    Oh yeah have a message for Blizzard, Willie Deegal Uncle Jacks Steakhouse owner has corrected an earlier thing I said, last night he was talking about bad customer service and what that translates into in lost customers. According to Mr. Deegal 1 upset enraged customer tells 100 potential customers about their bad experience. Not the 26 customers I referred to earlier and he is right with the advent of social media, keeping the customer happy is 1000 times more important now at this time than it ever has been before. Thanks to Mr. Deegal for the correction on the number of potential customers you lose from bad customer service.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 05:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •