Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mining in outland is a nightmare. The BC ores are going for 500g+ a stack since CRZ launched and hasn't dropped since. Spent 8 hrs couple days ago in every outland zone and gathered 15 stacks of ore to level BS. So disheartening to see every zone filled with bots running 24-7 and even after reporting multiple times, you still see them running the same pattern, getting stuck, flying in circles, etc.

My guildies are buying gold as a result instead of wasting time farming to circumvent it and as a result prices on AH keep going up. I hate CRZ with passion and if I ever have to farm in those zones for whatever reason, I'll probably end up doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Except there was no problem this "solution" fixed on PvE servers. All it did was give people on PvP servers more targets to gank, and overcrowded pve servers. Those resources people form other realms are farming don't show up on my server's AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    I didn't say that at all now did I? Why the hell are you putting words in my mouth? Read again what I wrote, and reply with something truthful.
    the fact of having people around shouldnt have positive or negative effects, it simply the basis of a mmo and you aren't really playing one if you're alone all the time except in instances. the nodes thing is already being looked at and most "elite" kill quests in mop already ignore the tagging system, in the future they'll probably expand the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    the fact of having people around shouldnt have positive or negative effects, it simply the basis of a mmo and you aren't really playing one if you're alone all the time except in instances. the nodes thing is already being looked at and most "elite" kill quests in mop already ignore the tagging system, in the future they'll probably expand the thing
    Christ. I don't know if you are just naive or refusing to face facts. I suggest you read what Tharn wrote on this very page.

Yes, it is an mmo. No, having people around you should be a positive thing, not a negative (And I'm not refering to PVP ganking here). But it's an old mmo with a heavy focus on endgame. There will always be a majority of people not in the process of leveling. That doesn't mean you can just create something like CRZ and throw it into an aged design like WoW has (tagging and whatnot).

And I don't know why you think Blizzard will suddenly expand to remove the tagging-system. Yes, some named mobs have it now. But still not in a degree where you can justify CRZ.

I wish they would do away with the old system and actually encourage cooperation and helping eachother out. But I'm not holding my breath. And to be frank, they implemented things in the wrong order then if it was something they planned to do.

So once more:

To all the people saying they like CRZ. Tell me ONE positive thing besides seeing more players around you (Hostile or friendly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Christ. I don't know if you are just naive or refusing to face facts. I suggest you read what Tharn wrote on this very page.

Yes, it is an mmo. No, having people around you should be a positive thing, not a negative (And I'm not refering to PVP ganking here). But it's an old mmo with a heavy focus on endgame. There will always be a majority of people not in the process of leveling. That doesn't mean you can just create something like CRZ and throw it into an aged design like WoW has (tagging and whatnot).

And I don't know why you think Blizzard will suddenly expand to remove the tagging-system. Yes, some named mobs have it now. But still not in a degree where you can justify CRZ.

I wish they would do away with the old system and actually encourage cooperation and helping eachother out. But I'm not holding my breath. And to be frank, they implemented things in the wrong order then if it was something they planned to do.

So once more:

To all the people saying they like CRZ. Tell me ONE positive thing besides seeing more players around you (Hostile or friendly).
    and i suggest you to read what benbos wrote on this thread. this technology is the basis for every future mmo, now you can potentially have full servers feel even with 1m subscribers o rless. other mmos like swtor would absolutely love having this feature, instead they're stuck with their empty worlds.
    ofc it isn perfect yet, they still have to tune a bit stuff like rares and nodes (very minor things) and fix some bugs, but overall this is the right direction. they only have to implement cross-realm guilds and (current) raids and then low pop servers wont be a problem anymore.

CRZ is bad and the people that implemented it should feel bad.

Angry

if you don't like the simple fact of having people around, then a mmo isnt the right game for you.
    For the Uneducated & Ignorant

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_te...i=56863,00.asp

Definition of: MMORPG

(Massively Multiuser Online Role Playing Game) A role playing game on the computer played by many people. An MMORPG differs from a regular computer role playing game because its environment is perpetual. People log in, join the game, take on their role and leave whenever they wish, but the game continues.

Now you know, please stop quoting devs that obviously don't have a clue or know the definition of MMO.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    If you're paying a monthly fee for an MMO to not have people in it, I have to really question some things. It's not like WoW has this groundbreaking gameplay aspects that make it stand above and beyond other types of gameplay. PVP wise, you can get better CTF, Domination, and so on from many, many, many, many other games, old and new. PVE wise, there's probably over 500 Action/Adventure games which are a megaton better. The fact that already almost all content of WoW is instanced is pretty sad as is. I LOVE CRZ. It makes the world seem less dead. I even would like it to be applied to Pandaria. I play on a full server, and it always seemed like the world was dead outside of capitals. Right now, it seems sort of barren outside of the new capital in Pandaria, as well.
    So youre the kind of liking lies are you? Cause thats why CRZ is - a lie. Why do you think the people that in capitals? cause they had nothing to do...
    now thanks to crz they CANT do anything even if they want to... no fishing tournament/no grabbing pets like minfernal/no looting ore, herbs
    oh yes it seems in the world is more going on but its a lie cause none of the people you see will can be in a guild with you ie...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    For the Uneducated

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_te...i=56863,00.asp

Definition of: MMORPG

(Massively Multiuser Online Role Playing Game) A role playing game on the computer played by many people. An MMORPG differs from a regular computer role playing game because its environment is perpetual.People log in, join the game, take on their role and leave whenever they wish, but the game continues.
    underlining fixed for you.
    its not like the name "massively multiplayer" itself suggests a game world full of people, right?

Only thing that I really dislike about it is the little freeze every time I cross a zone boundary....

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    The people who think it is a problem are advanced players who understand what to expect from a leveling zone and how that differs from the endgame. The people who don't think it's a problem are the new players who are more easily impressed by seeing other players out in the world. These are the players who might never get to level cap, but are just checking out the game to see what all the hype is about. They are the people who Blizzard needs to draw into the game to replace people that are unsubscribing, and that is why we get major investment dollars spent on "improving" the lowbie game experience.
    Been playing since May 2005 and I like seeing people out in the world....

underlining fixed for you.
    its not like the name "massively multiplayer" itself suggests a game world full of people, right?
    Rofl, you think EQ, EQ2, Lineage 2, Aion, Swtor, GW2 and the whole host of other mmorpg games that came before and after Warcraft lose their MMO status if they don't have Millions of people in the game.

The definition states quite clearly it's because the game world is perpetual and continues to be perpetual long after you logged out. So what when everyone logs off for the evening and you have a tiny percentage of population we re-classify Warcraft to a SINGLE player game and remove it's MMO status. ?????

Seriously friend stop trying, your only embarrassing yourself to people that obviously have more of a clue than you. At this point we'll just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 05:40 PM.

I loved the concept of CRZ but I hate the reality, espcially since I don't play on low-pop servers, so we didn't NEED more people. I'm on a PvE server but now there are often PvPers from other realms...but even THAT (and pvpers that manage to somehow use exploits to "force" non-flagged people into flagging by accident) isn't my real complaint. What I really hate is the lag I constantly get going from zone to zone. You can't even exit Org without lag. I have a great system, but I freeze for several seconds every time I enter or leave a CRZ.

Worse, I dual-box. Having someone on auto-follow outside of Pandaria has become an exercise in frustration. Why not use a passenger mount, then? Oh, because your passenger gets DISMOUNTED...sometimes resulting in a parachuted fall to that character's death which requires eating rez sickness. Sometimes the end of one CRZ and the start of another is a matter of a few feet across a mountain range....infuriating!

I hate the phasing issues that mean what you see on a flightpath is not what you wind up with on the ground. I hate the differences in time zones that mean you show up to do Darkmoon Faire...except it's on a realm in a different time zone so you have to wait a couple hours. At the end of DMF, it might still be going on the CRZ realm, but you can't take the paid shortcut there because in Org the event is already over.

Sloppy implementation done way too soon...especially annoying since they took away "Have Group Will Travel" and they didn't have the decency to make this "feature" optional.

Just too many intrusive inconveniences, and for what? So I see strangers I don't care about who don't care about me? For chances to get griefed by bullies who cowardly escape retaliation by hiding on their realm? As a dual-boxer, I know only too well the fact that the game punishes players for grouping together in nerfed xp and group unfriendly gathering quests. I personally do it because I enjoy alts, but I can only stand seeing the same content so many times...and end game, do I even need to explain how unfun the daily grind is...better to get it over with in pairs.

That's why *I* hate.

the main problem is that many ppl hate leveling. So leveling fast as hell is crucial. After crz you need to fight for mobs. deal with tossers from other servers and we all know what happens when ppl come from other servers. Its the same thing that killed a large portion of the community with cross realm dungeons. being asshats and getting away with it.

I hate crz for the fact that i need to fight spawns with a lot of other players. On the worst day i had to fight for the mobs under honor hold with 9 other players. when there isnt enough npc's to start with. You sure as hell wont stand for hours waiting to tag a mob or 2

Crz was apparently made to get "world pvp" back. Well. make crz only happen on pvp servers then. And for the love of god. Gamemasters need to follow rule number 1 in the ToS. And ban all those butthead lvl 90's that keep corpse camping low lvls. Thats not world pvp.

Add a auto 1 hour ban system after 5 kills for all i care. just get rid of it.

Myself. i play on a pve server. so im not affected. But playing a pvp server doesnt make it right to be corpse camped by kids 50 lvls higher then you. Thinking they are gods since they are unkillable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    Rofl, you think EQ, EQ2, Lineage 2, Aion, Swtor, GW2 and the whole host of other mmorpg games that came before and after Warcraft lose their MMO status if they don't have Millions of people in the game.

Seriously friend stop trying, your only embarrassing yourself to people that obviously have more of a clue than you.
    lol you're the one embarassing yourself, stating that the number of players isnt a defining factor of the massively multiplayer genre. all the games you've mentioned are meant to be played by hundreds of thousands of players. but keep trying, maybe a different encylopedia definition or something could support your crusade better.

I hate going from night to day in an instant.

I hate traveling on a boat with someone and then have them disappear when I enter a new zone.

I hate that I intentionally joined a server with a faction imbalance and now CRZ fucks it up.

I also feel for the people that intentionally joined low pop servers and now have that fucked up by CRZ.

All they had to do was give free server xfers with a cool down attached and problem solved. But they created more problems with CRZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a bandaid "fix" to postpone merging servers even further. Our world is full now, but the server is still empty and raiders are hard to find.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm kind of glad that people now have to deal with what I/we dealt with leveling our alts on pvp servers back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Merging servers resolves that, but then that would start the 'wow is dead' chain of events.

I feel like CRZ is more of a means for them to test out new technology rather than being purely a tool to benefit the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

lol you're the one embarassing yourself, stating that the number of players isnt a defining factor of the massively multiplayer genre. all the games you've mentioned are meant to be played by hundreds of thousands of players. but keep trying, maybe a different encylopedia definition or something could support your crusade better.
    How this for support. Again stop trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

Difference from capable of supporting and has to.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-19 at 05:52 PM.