Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The most unforgiven raid boss mechanics fight

Hey everyone, what do you think is the most unforgiven raid boss fight mechanics in WoW history?

Not necessarly the hardest boss ever but unforgiven mechanics such as stuff that can one shot the raid if any tiny mistake happens.

In my personal opinion it's a tie between Mu'ru pre nerfs and FL heroic Raggy pre any nerfs, close second will be the Lich king fight.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Defile
    /10 chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Defile on Lich King. I don't count bugged bosses. Heroic raggy didn't have any one mistake and you die kinda things, and it just got easier after nerf(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    defile.456456456

Deleted
    So you ask about specific mechanics and you the OP just point out 3 in general without mentioning said mechanics...ok.

LK's Defile. standing in the wrong place like noob = raid over.

It was easy to avoid, but very unforgiving when someone made the mistakes, specially considering the consequences were not only for that player that made said mistake, but for the rest of the raid aswel.

Deleted
    Definatly Defile, even when i fight him at level 90 i still fear the moment when he casts it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to parrot what everyone else is saying, but FUCK defile was a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    So you ask about specific mechanics and you the OP just point out 3 in general without mentioning said mechanics...ok.

LK's Defile. standing in the wrong place like noob = raid over.

It was easy to avoid, but very unforgiving when someone made the mistakes, specially considering the consequences were not only for that player that made said mistake, but for the rest of the raid aswel.
    I didn't mentioned in specific because the three fights I mentioned have more than 1 unforgiven mechanics such as the others mentioned defile or the infest if not enough healing boom dead just because I talked in general doesn't mean I don't know them.. or raggy meteors when someone accidently push it toward another player specially if it's a 25 man raid.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-18 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say flame wreath but then you guys reminded me of defile so I'm gonna have to agree with that.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say High Astromancer Solarian. If you failed on the explosion spell, that was a huge mistake and punishable by -50 dkp.

Deleted
    Yeah, Defile from Lich King. And most unforgiving boss for me is Ragnaros Heroic. Also Ozruk from Stonecore, who remembers him?

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I was going to say flame wreath but then you guys reminded me of defile so I'm gonna have to agree with that.
    That and someone could bork a flame wreath and you *could* survive. Someon borks defile, and its back to listening to Tirion RP for what feels like an hour. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Thinking really hard for something else other than Defile, the only thing that comes close to giving me that sense of fear is when you need to split into three groups on each platform on Nefarions end. All it takes is one group to fail and thats it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    That and someone could bork a flame wreath and you *could* survive. Someon borks defile, and its back to listening to Tirion RP for what feels like an hour. . .
    Yeah it was just the first thing to pop into my head but like you said it could be survivable and LK was such a long fight that it was really painful to wipe because of simple mistakes.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softus View Post
    Have to say High Astromancer Solarian. If you failed on the explosion spell, that was a huge mistake and punishable by -50 dkp.
    Haha yeah I remember that the funny memories when I almost died from the fall dmg so I was forced to BUBBLE !!! to stay alive.

Deleted
    archimond comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I'm assuming at an appropriate level, here...
    I'm gonna have to say C'thun's Eye Beam. Not the slow rotating channeled one, the chain bolt with exponential damage. Someone ran in half a second too early? Dead raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Either LKs Defile for reasons mentioned above or that one spell Atramedes had that most likely killed the whole raid when the assigned person forgot to click the gong.

I have very strong negative feelings for every mechanic that'd wipe the whole raid, if you happen to carry just one brain-afk guy :[

Defile.

But Feng's Arcane Resonance is a good way of seeing who's paying attention these days. Don't move out of the group quickly = loads of damage on the whole raid. Especially in LFR it makes this boss extremely frustrating when you have yet another low hp wipe when the rest of the boss is so easy.

And not a boss mechanic, but the Monk Brewmaster's Shuffle is also very unforgiving on certain fights. If you don't know how to deal with it, you will die and then potentially cause a wipe.

Oh, and Heroic Spine of Deathwing's Corrupted Blood: Death. Once you have a healer who dispells it on time every time you forget it even exists. But its waiting, lurking, biding its time for when that healer lags or dc's or dies...then it will yell SUPRISE and the whole raid explodes. What a joy.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2012-11-18 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    Thinking really hard for something else other than Defile, the only thing that comes close to giving me that sense of fear is when you need to split into three groups on each platform on Nefarions end. All it takes is one group to fail and thats it!
    Thats another good one. Spent entirely too many hours on that fight because nobody knows how to interrupt apparently.