Defile and Shadow Trap. Stand on the wrong spot = raid is dead, dont move from the shadow trap = possible half of the raid is blown out of the platform
Wind Lord Mel'jarak's Wind Bomb. It'll basically oneshot everyone barring the tanks.
I wiped my raid once at 11% on the LK to Defile.
Needing world buffs to have a decent shot at killing Loatheb in Naxx40. One wipe or running into horde outside the entrance and several hours running 40 people through Dire Maul and getting the ZG buff were wasted.
It's not really a specific mechanic, but was the most unforgiving boss I can remember.
sanity or defile
Heltobob EU - Mannoroth
Most people who see Pokemon aren't taken seriously. I'm one of the ones who does thorough investigations though as I've had many encounters with Pokemon throughout my life. Even today there was a wild Pidgey in the trees. It could have just been a crow, but I'm pretty sure it was a Pidgey. Pokemon absolutely exist. (Letmesleep in the "I have a ghost." thread)
Clicking the cube on Magtheridon
Also, shouldn't it be "unforgiving"?
Followed by Onyxia's Tail swipe into the whelp cave.
CPU :- AMD FX6350 oc 4.4ghz
Ram :- 8gb DDR3
Mobo :- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
GPU :- XFX Radeon 6950 2GB
Cooling :- Corsair H50
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do ICC when it was current, but I have done LK HC at 85. Can someone explain to me how Defile is hard? If I remember correctly, aren't you just moving from a black pool?
'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'
For WotLK and Cata, these are my top 3:
Sinestra's Wrack if only using 2 healers
Heroic Rag's Magma Geyser
- Air burst: kills you if you don't hit your slowfall item (AoE as well).
- Doomfire: fire that moves around and leaves trails behind it, puts a 45 sec DoT on you for huge damage if you get hit.
- Grip of the legion: massive shadow damage DoT that lasts ... 1 min? 5 min? I can;t remember.
- Fear: fears all players. So, people get feared through the fire trails, or healers get feared and can't keep the DoT damage healed, tank gets feared and gets hit in the back, etc.
- Soul Charge: whenever a player dies, he gains soul charge, which does a huge AoE damage to the entire raid, plus either a 4 sec silence, a 50% increased damage taken debuff, or drains a fuckton of mana.
So, one person fucks up air burst, fear runs a bunch of people through the fire, or runs people away from their healers, or a person with one of the DoTs gets air bursted away, etc. etc. etc. and now Soul Charge comes out, which kills another person or 2 at least, which gives more soul charges, and Bam, wiped!
I would absolutely love to watch LFR Archimonde. The QQ would be legendary.
Being thrown in the air by Archimonde and not using your tear was definitely a big one.
second boss in BWL, nothing like having yours tanks get the debuff and insta dying after 30sec