Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Defile and Shadow Trap. Stand on the wrong spot = raid is dead, dont move from the shadow trap = possible half of the raid is blown out of the platform

Wind Lord Mel'jarak's Wind Bomb. It'll basically oneshot everyone barring the tanks.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I wiped my raid once at 11% on the LK to Defile.

So..

.....Defile....
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Needing world buffs to have a decent shot at killing Loatheb in Naxx40. One wipe or running into horde outside the entrance and several hours running 40 people through Dire Maul and getting the ZG buff were wasted.

It's not really a specific mechanic, but was the most unforgiving boss I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde.. "USE THE F**KING TEAR" "SORRY LAG"

Clicking the cube on Magtheridon

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile.

Also, shouldn't it be "unforgiving"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nealia °_° View Post
    Archimonde.. "USE THE F**KING TEAR" "SORRY LAG"
    "Oops I hit soulshatter instead"--half of our warlocks

Deleted
    Defile.
    Followed by Onyxia's Tail swipe into the whelp cave.

Deleted
    Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do ICC when it was current, but I have done LK HC at 85. Can someone explain to me how Defile is hard? If I remember correctly, aren't you just moving from a black pool?

For WotLK and Cata, these are my top 3:

LK's Defile
    Sinestra's Wrack if only using 2 healers
    Heroic Rag's Magma Geyser

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do ICC when it was current, but I have done LK HC at 85. Can someone explain to me how Defile is hard? If I remember correctly, aren't you just moving from a black pool?
    If one person stands in it, or anyone, it grows in size and damage.

The other big issue was that if you jump in it, it registers your character twice, so it gets twice as big twice as fast.

..For people who weren't competent, it was a raid killer.

Yes. Simple to understand, apparently hard to execute for some people, which causes a raid wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The topic is not about easy or hard it's about unforgiven mechanics like any tiny mistake = boom raid wipe it doesn't have to be hard but something that can wipe the raid and not indviduals.

Archimonde. Definitely.

- Air burst: kills you if you don't hit your slowfall item (AoE as well).
    - Doomfire: fire that moves around and leaves trails behind it, puts a 45 sec DoT on you for huge damage if you get hit.
    - Grip of the legion: massive shadow damage DoT that lasts ... 1 min? 5 min? I can;t remember.
    - Fear: fears all players. So, people get feared through the fire trails, or healers get feared and can't keep the DoT damage healed, tank gets feared and gets hit in the back, etc.
    - Soul Charge: whenever a player dies, he gains soul charge, which does a huge AoE damage to the entire raid, plus either a 4 sec silence, a 50% increased damage taken debuff, or drains a fuckton of mana.

So, one person fucks up air burst, fear runs a bunch of people through the fire, or runs people away from their healers, or a person with one of the DoTs gets air bursted away, etc. etc. etc. and now Soul Charge comes out, which kills another person or 2 at least, which gives more soul charges, and Bam, wiped!

I would absolutely love to watch LFR Archimonde. The QQ would be legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yes. Simple to understand, apparently hard to execute for some people, which causes a raid wipe.
    There were a lot of idiots, including myself, during Wrath.

Being thrown in the air by Archimonde and not using your tear was definitely a big one.

Shade of Aran explosion

second boss in BWL, nothing like having yours tanks get the debuff and insta dying after 30sec