Thread: Game wont start

Game wont start

I click on the icon, launcher opens, I login and hit Play then nothing happens? Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    I click on the icon, launcher opens, I login and hit Play then nothing happens? Anyone know why?
    Need more info, your anecdote doesn't reveal much of anything. Are you getting any error codes from SWTOR or Windows error codes? What is your system like? Have you tried repairing your client (hit the little cog wheel on the bottom left of the launcher)?

there isnt much else to be said, its exactly as I described. Click the Icon, login, hit play, nothing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the launcher close? Does SWTOR appear in your processes? We do need more information.

there isnt much else to be said, its exactly as I described. Click the Icon, login, hit play, nothing happens.
    Repair client, if that fails, we need more info. System specs, Forsedar's questions too. For all we know, your Windows Defender is preventing the game from playing or some other craziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be anything from UPnP being enabled to your Firewall just not liking SWTOR. The thing about computers: There can be an absurd amount of potential issues... more information means easier to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Does the launcher close? Does SWTOR appear in your processes? We do need more information.
    Yes, it closes, no it doesnt. And I made sure nothing like a firewall or something was keeping it from opening. I'm trying to repair now

Also, I've already had the game installed before a couple months ago when I was still subbed. Dont know why it would start this now

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely run the repair and try finding the icon in the folder and not using the Shortcut. It seems to be failing with updating the client.

Try to use the direct login instead. There's 2 exe-files to start wow. The launcher and the other one i can't rmember the name of wow.exe(?). it's in same folder, and is more direct
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Try to use the direct login instead. There's 2 exe-files to start wow. The launcher and the other one i can't rmember the name of wow.exe(?). it's in same folder, and is more direct
    This is a SWTOR thread.

Sigh, nothing is working. Probably just gonna have to reinstall it

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This is a SWTOR thread.
    Oups. My bad >.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

just woke up after re-installing all night. Still the same issue. I give up

just woke up after re-installing all night. Still the same issue. I give up
    Try making a thread over here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Their team should be able to help if you're still interested in playing.

I had the same issue and it was because it wanted to download a patch but for some reason couldn't. Did you by any chance copy across the SWTOR folder from another location?

If you did, download the TOR installer (40mb or so) and run that, then once it's finished untick the option to launch it. Copy over the previous TOR folder into the new one (overwrite all files) and it should start downloading the patch data. That's exactly what happened to me, anyway, and I had the same problem as you (I'd click play and nothing would happen). Hope it helps