Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the aim is that the first person reaches 87, then everyone has 2 weeks to catch up before the next levels, its not so that everyone hits 87 then does stuff for 2 weeks, at least that is the only logical reason for a stop at those weird points that I can see. Like you say if its to do '87' content then thats a waste of 2 weeks. The likelihood is that there will be a a handful of people who can blast to 87, then they stop and everyone catches up, if you didnt have those breakpoints then what you would have is the handful of people hitting 90 way before a lot of other people and noone will catch up, so its to keep everyone levelling together.

-Should all races be allowed to be played?(Draenei, Worgen, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren) Yes ofc
    -Should DK's be able to be played when we are Level 60? Yes
    -Should Monks be able to be played? Yes
    -Alliance or Horde? Horde
    -Would you join a Guild like this? Yes
    -Is this a good idea? Yes
    -Any suggestion for the name? Champion Rerollers? I hate making names for guilds up.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-11-19 at 01:58 PM.

My guild is putting together a Retro Raiders group. We are turning off xp at 60, 70, etc. And doing all of the raids at appropriate level. I'm going to level my professions to appropriate levels as I go as well. I considered clearing zones as I went, but I would rather get those achievements on my main. It will be a fun way to level and for me to see content I wasn't playing during. For others they will get to experience some of their old favorites and maybe get some loot that eluded them in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    I may be interested in this, on the EU side of things. The big crutch for me would be the days that things are done but if they didn't clash with raid days too badly this is definately something that I would love to do. I vote for horde so I can gogo female tauren prot warrior tank .

I would really be interested in This on a US server, unless I can make a character on an EU server. I've been through almost all the old raids, but I play more casual now. Pm I might be able to help start out also.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they aren't ANYTHING like what they were though. you can do them at level with about 33% of a raid at every level. it's a great idea until you try it and it's depressing which is why so many 60/70/80 guilds die
    Yea. well the raids didnt change much imo, but the game did. For example. I do the same dps as a level 35 rogue in all blues as I did in full t2 on a rogue in vanilla at60. So.... Ur gonna steamroll all classic content even at the appropriate level and gear. also, threat was a HUGE DEAL in classic. I mean like the first 30 secs of a fight or more would be everyone but the tank just auto attacking. I feinted all the time and when i pulled threat (Combat rogue alays puled threat), I would vanish to reset it. There were no tricks of the trade and tanks did like 1/8 the damage of a dps class. Now tanks do 2x a dps class's dps.

I think you're not going to enjoy it mainly cause of this. The content was more fun in classic and older expansions because the game was deeper then. They simplified and tweaked the game into the ground, imo. I still play, just because noone has made a game that can bring that feel back yet. Swtor was close. Im hoping for TESO

Deleted
    This is something i thought about a while back. I didn't so much want to do the leveling but more the raids.
    I'd like to get to 60 and just stop there, can you stop XP gain? i can't remember now. but if you could, you'd stop at 60 and start to gear up for raiding. Then you do all the 60 raids until all the bosses are down. Then restart Xp and go to 70, and gear and then those raids. Do the same for 80,85 and then finally 90.
    I think it would be interesting for players who had never done some of the older raids and also players who have, as it will be like old times.

The only thing about this for me, is i'd really want to do it with friends now. I'm not sure i have the time to do it with just randoms anymore.
    But i don't have enough friends :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I think the aim is that the first person reaches 87, then everyone has 2 weeks to catch up before the next levels, its not so that everyone hits 87 then does stuff for 2 weeks, at least that is the only logical reason for a stop at those weird points that I can see. Like you say if its to do '87' content then thats a waste of 2 weeks. The likelihood is that there will be a a handful of people who can blast to 87, then they stop and everyone catches up, if you didnt have those breakpoints then what you would have is the handful of people hitting 90 way before a lot of other people and noone will catch up, so its to keep everyone levelling together.
    [/B]
    People need 2 weeks to catch up? 2 weeks for 2 levels? To me it would make more sense to only have the stops at 60, 70, 80, 85 and 90. You can still wait for the others to catch up at that level. But you can actually do some content on that level instead of walking around Terrokar. You need a couple of people to be at max level to do raids anyway so no need to stop people before that.

And honestly if people need 4 weeks to get from 60-70, I doubt they'll play that much with the guild anyway.

I'd be interested in this if EU... obviously though, i imagine the server wouldn't favor anyone in particular.. since nobody should really use Heirlooms if you are going to go this way.

However my only concern for me doing this,is due to me working alot of hours over the christmas period. then if i chose to do it, i would be pretty far behind.

Although, to answer your questions..

-Should all races be allowed to be played?(Draenei, Worgen, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren)

i'd say yes, they should, its not like most get a big boost from their racials at 60 or 70 or 80 so i don't think it'd be much a problem.

-Should DK's be able to be played when we are Level 60?

I reckon they should be allowed when people reach 60, or atleast when you start the "burning crusade" part of your idea.

-Should Monks be able to be played?

I cannot see why not, since they do start att level 1 like everything else.

-Alliance or Horde?

If i played this,i'd prefer Horde, since im used to Horde, however i wouldnt mind too much if it was Alliance either.

-Would you join a Guild like this?

Yeah, i'd like to try this out if i had the time to.

-Is this a good idea?
    I like the idea, could be very fun.

-Any suggestion for the name?

I have no idea on a guild name. although Operation Reroll could work lol

Deleted
    Hello guys,

as i promised i will give out some news today. First off i created a survey, and i hope a lot of people will actually answer it.

http://surveymonkey.com/s/9YFP6VF

To make sure that nobody is missing it, the Guild will be created on an EU-Server.

Alot people were wondering why i created such a "weird" Levelpath. I want to make sure to create a social guild where the people know each other. I think this can be done by playing together for a longer peroid than just Two levels. The duration of these freezes depends on what the people would like to see. If people don't want them i'll scrap them. If you are interested in an officers rank in the guild, PM me pls

If this is done on EU servers I'm in. Plenty of raids I have never seen/done that I wanna do.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they aren't ANYTHING like what they were though. you can do them at level with about 33% of a raid at every level. it's a great idea until you try it and it's depressing which is why so many 60/70/80 guilds die
    This is pretty much what i was about to reply aswell. the oldschool raids/dungeons have been tuned, nerf and derpt to a lvl where it make me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    I would love to be a part of something like this. I joined in cata have constantly been going back to old content (not just for mounts and achievs) just to experience, granted it's at a much higher level, but I still want to see everything.

However, actually being able to play content as if it were current would be a quite amazing I think. Shame I'm not subbed right now, will be soon though.
    My tip would be to not use LFD until whichever expansion it came in (I dont actually know :P).
    came out in wrath

good idea and i like this idea but after im done with my shaman the only things i have left to lvl are my warrior and my druid and im a big supporter of the heirlooms...plus im tryin to lvl every healer ASAP and so cant take the time to do this with ya....also im on US not EU.....if there where a guild like this on alliance US silverhand than i would through one of my alts i dont care to max out right away over to it as i just fly through everything with LFG and random BG's when im on my own....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    This is pretty much what i was about to reply aswell. the oldschool raids/dungeons have been tuned, nerf and derpt to a lvl where it make me cry.
    It's not only the nerfs to the old content, new talent "trees" and class changes in general have changed a lot. Characters are a lot stronger than they used to be.

i think dk's shouldnt be used till u hit wrath area cause they may make some of the BC stuff easier than it relly was in BC...same as monks till u hit MOP area

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to join, just PM and we will talk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phirx View Post
    i think dk's shouldnt be used till u hit wrath area cause they may make some of the BC stuff easier than it relly was in BC...same as monks till u hit MOP area
    Every class makes it easier than it actually was back then. So much has changed about the classes, you can't recreate how it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    People need 2 weeks to catch up? 2 weeks for 2 levels? To me it would make more sense to only have the stops at 60, 70, 80, 85 and 90. You can still wait for the others to catch up at that level. But you can actually do some content on that level instead of walking around Terrokar. You need a couple of people to be at max level to do raids anyway so no need to stop people before that.

And honestly if people need 4 weeks to get from 60-70, I doubt they'll play that much with the guild anyway.
    I still think a gap between 85 and 90 would be a good idea some people are rolling this guild as an aside to supplement existing characters, guilds etc. Maybe the gaps are too big or too long, just think its nice to not see people at 69 while I'm plodding along at 63 or something. Needs to be ironed out a little.
    As to all the discussion about the raids, I think this is mainly about levelling and doing raids at the appropriate leve then move onl, its not about making level appropriate guilds and farming them, they don't work as has been mentioned.

You'll never get that vanilla,tbc or wrath experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I still think a gap between 85 and 90 would be a good idea some people are rolling this guild as an aside to supplement existing characters, guilds etc. Maybe the gaps are too big or too long, just think its nice to not see people at 69 while I'm plodding along at 63 or something. Needs to be ironed out a little.
    As to all the discussion about the raids, I think this is mainly about levelling and doing raids at the appropriate leve then move onl, its not about making level appropriate guilds and farming them, they don't work as has been mentioned.

You'll never get that vanilla,tbc or wrath experience.
    Thats exactly what I wanted to tell. Continue to vote guys, Alliance still has more votes than Horde :P

Deleted
    I would realy like this - could be fun playing count me in - i would prefer a RP server, could be fun to be on such again, and corse i dont have played much horde it could be fun too, very nice idea i hope it will get going

Deleted
    i've posted earlier but i wanted to ask, would it be possible to just level a toon to 60 and raid? or do you have to keep stopping at 30, 40 etc waiting for people to catch up?
    Its the raiding old content as if it was current content that interests me.