Deleted

Triple monitor setup

Hi there. Just a quick question.

I need my TV and two monitors all on at once. I know my HD6950 has shared HDMI and DVI ports, one of my monitor do however have Display input.
    So my question is: If I buy a mdisplay/display cabel, will I be able to run 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 1 Display port all at the same time? I am asking this because I want to avoid getting an active adapter. This should work right?

If someone can, please fix the title.. Kind of embarrasing spelling error right there!
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-19 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Which 6950 do you have ?
    Just checked on the back of My XFX6950DD I have 2 DVI + HDMI out. I I know I can triple screen. without any other hardware.
    would really need to know which card you have, But I do believe that all the later radeon cards can triple screen with no problems at all and no extra hardware

Deleted
    I have the XFX 1Gb version, and atm I am running 2xDVI and 1xHDMI but I can only have picture on 2 monitors at once because the HDMI and one of the DVI ports are shared. I want to get around this by using the Display port, I just need to know if it will work without the adapter by simply using a mini display to display cable for my monitor.
    Last edited by mmoca9f8cb92b6; 2012-11-18 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    I have the XFX 1Gb version, and atm I am running 2xDVI and 1xHDMI but I can only have picture on 2 monitors at once because the HDMI and one of the DVI ports are shared. I want to get around this by using the Display port, I just need to know if it will work without the adapter by simply using a mini display to display cable for my monitor.
    Sort of. The adaptor needs to be an "Active" adapter; If so, it will work. If it's a passive one, it won't. Do you have an example to link?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Sort of. The adaptor needs to be an "Active" adapter; If so, it will work. If it's a passive one, it won't. Do you have an example to link?
    Think you got me wrong here. I want to AVOID buying an active adapter by buying a cable that goes from the mDisplay output on the card to the Display input on the monitor. So I will end up having 1xDVI, 1xHDMI and 1xmDisplay used on the card.

What you intend to do will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    Think you got me wrong here. I want to AVOID buying an active adapter by buying a cable that goes from the mDisplay output on the card to the Display input on the monitor. So I will end up having 1xDVI, 1xHDMI and 1xmDisplay used on the card.
    Then yes. mDP to reg-DP works fine.
    In my country, those are generally more expensive than active DP->DVI adaptors though.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Then yes. mDP to reg-DP works fine.
    In my country, those are generally more expensive than active DP->DVI adaptors though.
    Finding an active DVI splitter offline is impossible in the states, and they arent what I'd call cheap.

Deleted
    In Denmark a 2m mDP to reg-DP is 89kr and an adapter is 150kr + shipping which is 29kr, also it saves me from having a clunky adapter dangling from the back of my case!

10+ Year Old Account
    i know this thread is done, but i noticed the title

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i know this thread is done, but i noticed the title
    Snip
    Very funny sir!