Amber-Shaper (10) Help needed!

Hai there.

We've had a couple of hours on Amber-Shaper (10man) this reset, and I think we're doing something wrong, because it should go down faster than it does. I'll guide you through our tries and you'll say what we could improve.

we're using 3 healers 2 tanks.

Phase 1:

- Kill the tanks that get's transformed ASAP, they stay in the form as long as they can to keep the debuff running, however they do not use pools, so they leave when he's about to cast another transformed shit or when he's low on energy
    - We have our hunter kill the small adds however we're telling him to change if needed (see below)
    - We'll try to stop DPS damage on boss if we have a tank transformed, then we use all our DPS to burn the tank and then change to boss and go into Phase 2. If we have a lot of adds up and we have like 15 secs before the next transform, we kill the adds, then go into phase 2.

Phase 2:

- We DPS the miniboss asap, our hunter is still on the adds.
    - We'll let the first transformed guy stay transformed through the entire fight (we need him to keep the stack up and interupt the miniboss).
    - The 2nd transformed (and 3rd/4th if our DPS is slow) we'll kill asap, but they'll stay in the form for as long as they can, getting the stacks up on the Amber-Shaper (not the yellow guy).

Phase 3:

- We bloodlust in the beginning and just ignore the transformed guys, and using the number 1 ability on CD, interupting ourselves and eating pools.

Is there anything we could do to make the fight easier?

Thanks <3

Deleted
    You don't really need to leave someone in the first one, we didn't at least.

You can't really make the fight much easier than it already is, so long as people can operate 2 buttons and watch a bar, it should be free loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    You don't really need to leave someone in the first one, we didn't at least.

You can't really make the fight much easier than it already is, so long as people can operate 2 buttons and watch a bar, it should be free loot.
    Tried this, oneshotted. However I read your reply after we downed it, thanks anyway.

And you're right. Free loot! Free 28 gold from the bonus roll ....

Deleted
    Ok, keeping a person transformed through the whole Phase 2 is not such a good idea, because you will run out of pools for people in Phase 3. I also don't understand why you have a hunter on small adds the whole time? They just die from all the cleaving attacks people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Ok, keeping a person transformed through the whole Phase 2 is not such a good idea, because you will run out of pools for people in Phase 3. I also don't understand why you have a hunter on small adds the whole time? They just die from all the cleaving attacks people have.
    So the first person who gets transformed just eats one or two pools until the 2nd gets transformed, then you nuke the first one (who has an extra 4 mil hp?) or have i missed something (this is p2)

Deleted
    Just dont eat any pools at all until p2. Not needed at all, easy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just dont eat any pools at all until p2. Not needed at all, easy fight.
    Totally understand this, do you have all the constructs eat pools in p2, or do you just keep the first one up all the time and kill the rest, or do you kill the first one after 2nd spawns (first eats a couple of pools to wait for 2nd to spawn) or what?

P3 i understand, you just nuke and everyone eats the pools

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Totally understand this, do you have all the constructs eat pools in p2, or do you just keep the first one up all the time and kill the rest, or do you kill the first one after 2nd spawns (first eats a couple of pools to wait for 2nd to spawn) or what?

P3 i understand, you just nuke and everyone eats the pools
    I meant until P3, do not eat pools in p1 and p2. We just killed all constructs in p1 and p2 without eating pools. While there are ways to kill the boss faster and better, those are more complicated. Not eating pools in p1 and p2 is the simplest tactic and works fine aswell, no point in over complicating it.

Just let the stacks drop and make sure you interrupt the big guy.

Im guessing the timing is ok for needing a construct alive for interupt the big add in phase2? Or do you just cd it?

We got to this guy tonight and put in a few attempts on him. I made a comment to the raid about maybe we should just Cooldown the big add explosion. We're killing our add way too fast, and the obvious solution at the time seemed to be just leave it up to make sure it's interrupted, and then kill it. But that seemed to cause more problems.

We won't get another shot until Monday due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, but I think we're going to try just CDing through the explosion and just obliterate everything asap.

The monstrosity's explosion really isn't that big of a deal. It actually occurs VERY infrequently (we see a grand total of two when we kill it). We just let it go off and prioritize hitting 1 on cooldown to try to keep the buff uptime as high as possible. It's not a big deal for it to fall off in that phase. In fact, keeping the monstrosity up for a bit longer isn't a terrible idea if it means you get an extra set of pools or two for p3 (not a GOOD idea, mind you, but it's not necessarily bad, either).

@OP: Also, I think all DPS (except melee) should switch to the little adds when they appear. They do deal damage, and the longer they're up for, the more damage they'll deal, obviously. There's no reason to not have all your ranged DPS turn to them as they pop out. That means they deal less damage overall, and that means you get to have all of your DPS on the boss/construct/monstrosity.

As a final note, I think two healers is best for this fight. The actual damage dealt out is very low even for two healers. It only gets sketchy when one gets put into a construct, but even that's not a big deal if your healers are competent and your raid coordinates healing cooldowns for such occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    this is entirely wrong.

you can leave 1 of the tanks up and they will keep stacks on boss
    the other tank can taunt the mob while he get tossed after he lose aggro so it wont hit no one.

as for pools in phase 3 ,,, lets just say when boss have 50+ stacks on him it doesnt matter

as for small adds we just kill them asap and then move on into the construct
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

p1 get tanks out fast. Use cd's on them. Then, simply leave the first non-healer in a construct in p2 in it for the rest of the fight. DPS anyone else out until p3 starts. This way only that one person is drinking pools.
    If it's a healer as a construct first in p2 get them to 20 percent, but then check the timer on Amber Explosion. If it's going off before the next Shape Life they need to stay in and catch the interrupt on the Monstrosity. For this purpose drinking a puddle once is fine. Since your overall hp goes up with the gain it won't take the construct over 20 percent life. It will just give them enough willpower to interrupt the Monstrosity and hop out. Just make sure the healer doesn't drink until their construct is below 20 percent health, that way it's not working against the raid dps-wise. Have the last person that gets reshaped in p2 stay in as well. When the Monstrosity is below 10 percent health that person can start building stacks on the boss.

Deleted
    There's no need to eat any explosions in P2, if you transition to P2 within 10 seconds of a reshape life going out you will always have an interrupt available for the explosion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    The monstrosity's explosion really isn't that big of a deal. It actually occurs VERY infrequently (we see a grand total of two when we kill it). We just let it go off and prioritize hitting 1 on cooldown to try to keep the buff uptime as high as possible. It's not a big deal for it to fall off in that phase. In fact, keeping the monstrosity up for a bit longer isn't a terrible idea if it means you get an extra set of pools or two for p3 (not a GOOD idea, mind you, but it's not necessarily bad, either).

@OP: Also, I think all DPS (except melee) should switch to the little adds when they appear. They do deal damage, and the longer they're up for, the more damage they'll deal, obviously. There's no reason to not have all your ranged DPS turn to them as they pop out. That means they deal less damage overall, and that means you get to have all of your DPS on the boss/construct/monstrosity.

As a final note, I think two healers is best for this fight. The actual damage dealt out is very low even for two healers. It only gets sketchy when one gets put into a construct, but even that's not a big deal if your healers are competent and your raid coordinates healing cooldowns for such occasions.
    This pretty much.

- 2 heal fight
    - Transformed players top prio, followed by small ambers (kill these fast if 2 healing), followed by boss/monstrosity
    - Kill transformed players until maybe 20% monstrosity hp, you should have plenty of puddles to kill the boss in P3