1. #1

    [Champion Idea] Solarion, the Sun's Fury

    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3030/splashart.png
    http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/4375/abilities.png
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/549/ultimateo.png

    The bonus damage shown on the images above is per 100 AD or AP.
    As the days on the fields of justice were passing, Solarion was getting closer and closer to perfection. He only needed a little more training to literally become a god. Fate, however, had different plans. During one of his trainings Solarion a vision appeared before his eyes. It showed him a powerful artifact. It was hidden somewhere in Runeterra. He was to find it in order to achieve perfection.

    He gave up his immortality to become a human being. Despite not being the only one to take this choice, up to this day, he still regrets it. He never found the artifact. He was fooled by the other Gods. He was betrayed. Unlike others, though, he did not become obsessed with vengeance or anything like that. In fact he became wiser. He never repeated his mistake to chase promised power when he already had enough. Now he fights along with other heroes from Ionia on the fields of justice.

    "Giving up everything to obtain nothing. It hurts more than anything!" - Soraka

    I want to get some feedback, if the champion is balanced or not, if the lore fits and if its good. If the abilities represent the champion in the right way. Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,086
    The passive is stupidly OP. Same with the Ultimate damage equal to eachothers health?? yea u would win anny teamfight with yust that skill.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    The passive is stupidly OP. Same with the Ultimate damage equal to eachothers health?? yea u would win anny teamfight with yust that skill.
    A minion barely has 300-400 HP ( the only enemy units beside champions ) and since i pull all champions they cannot collide with each other. The passive has a 6 sec CD which is shared by both effects.

    Ashe auto attacks, 1 sec blind. She auto attacks again. Miss. She auto attacks again, hit.

    Every 6 sec I avoid 1 basic attack.

    Same is with the silence eff. Only 1 of them can activate since its shared cooldown.

  4. #4
    Yeah, passive farrrrr too OP. Ult could work if it is retuned.

    But the passive would just completely negate all AD carries, making it nearly impossible to kill him. Could possibly have it something along the lines of Teemo's poison except it stacks and burns the unit for X damage over Y amount of time, up to a maximum of 5, and have the ult then only pull in targets affected by his passive. Could work pretty well I think. He'd work best as an AP bruiser if this was the case, though.

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Yeah, passive farrrrr too OP. Ult could work if it is retuned.

    But the passive would just completely negate all AD carries, making it nearly impossible to kill him. Could possibly have it something along the lines of Teemo's poison except it stacks and burns the unit for X damage over Y amount of time, up to a maximum of 5, and have the ult then only pull in targets affected by his passive. Could work pretty well I think. He'd work best as an AP bruiser if this was the case, though.
    The passive has a 6 sec cd. Once it activates it doesnt activate for 6 sec. 1 sec blind is barely 1 attack for any carry ( kog would do 2 ) but thats a rare case.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    A minion barely has 300-400 HP ( the only enemy units beside champions ) and since i pull all champions they cannot collide with each other. The passive has a 6 sec CD which is shared by both effects.
    Well i read that as champions hitting eachother which would happen easily as you suck themm in first. But even if its yust minions its still to strong.
    The first part is pritty much Oriana's Ult While the second is Janna's without the healing part.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    The passive has a 6 sec cd. Once it activates it doesnt activate for 6 sec. 1 sec blind is barely 1 attack for any carry ( kog would do 2 ) but thats a rare case.
    Still think it would be a bit OP, it's not much difference but maybe even 7/8 secs.

    Overall a good idea though, really like it!

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  8. #8
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,938
    So...

    What's his job? Any particular reason he should be in the game and that people should pick him over, say, Orianna?

  9. #9
    The last part of the ult needs to say like 5% of each others health. Cause if a tank collides with someone, they will instantly die.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  10. #10
    The Patient Belajasx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    240
    Enemy team doing baron, flash into pit, ulti behind baron, enjoy your triple/quadra/penta kill...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Well i read that as champions hitting eachother which would happen easily as you suck themm in first. But even if its yust minions its still to strong.
    The first part is pritty much Oriana's Ult While the second is Janna's without the healing part.
    Champs can only collide with minions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So...

    What's his job? Any particular reason he should be in the game and that people should pick him over, say, Orianna?
    Ap/Ad Bruiser Hybrid. Not attack speed based though. His W is a skillshot with included silence. His Q is on target. His E is aoe around himself which can auto trigger. His ult has a lot bigger range than orianna's but only pulls towards himself and not on target are. His W has 2 usefull effects. Teamfight initiation and disengage/finisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The last part of the ult needs to say like 5% of each others health. Cause if a tank collides with someone, they will instantly die.
    I already said 3 times that champs cant collide with each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belajasx View Post
    Enemy team doing baron, flash into pit, ulti behind baron, enjoy your triple/quadra/penta kill...
    I already said champs can only collide with minions not other champs or jungle creeps. Jungle creeps baron and dragon arent enemy units. they are neutral.

    People LEARN TO READ!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    A minion barely has 300-400 HP ( the only enemy units beside champions ) and since i pull all champions they cannot collide with each other. The passive has a 6 sec CD which is shared by both effects. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I already said 3 times that champs cant collide with each other.
    You need to read. The above quote is the only time you said they can't collide(except in the post you most recently made, which doesn't count), and did not specify the ability won't allow them to collide PERIOD. You said since you are pulling them they can't collide, making it sound like the pull in won't have them collide, but the knock back can. The enemy players, are enemy units.

    Instead of getting an attitude how about you re-word the ultimate to something that is understandable.

    First cats: After 1 sec, Solarion pulls all nearby enemy champions towards himself unless they collide with terrain or an enemy MINION.

    As you say jungle camps are neutral, so the only enemy units are champions, minions, pets and wards.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    You need to read. The above quote is the only time you said they can't collide(except in the post you most recently made, which doesn't count), and did not specify the ability won't allow them to collide PERIOD. You said since you are pulling them they can't collide, making it sound like the pull in won't have them collide, but the knock back can. The enemy players, are enemy units.

    Instead of getting an attitude how about you re-word the ultimate to something that is understandable.

    First cats: After 1 sec, Solarion pulls all nearby enemy champions towards himself unless they collide with terrain or an enemy MINION.

    As you say jungle camps are neutral, so the only enemy units are champions, minions, pets and wards.
    I had a different idea of his ult in the beginning. I was counting jungle creeps ( not baron/dragon) but I soon realized my mistake - golem and lizard. I cannot reword it though. I made it with power point 2010 and when I saved it as power point 2010 document my comp cannot read it so I cant edit it.

    But here is an explanation. Champions are pulled and pushed with the exact same force. If X is where I am and Y is the radius of the ult. If I pull a champion from Y to X, he will end up in X. Then he moves back half of the distance. He is now at Z ( Z lies on X - Y line ). I push the enemy champion with force XY and that will cause him to end up in XZ + XY distance. If my ult's range is 20 yards and he is 2 yards away from me, he ends up 22 yards away from me. So champions wont collide with each other.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Happybucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Groningen, the Netherlands
    Posts
    584
    unless you make it explicitly that champions aren't targeted, that doesn't make sense. if 2 champions are on top of eachother they'll collide for sure

  15. #15
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    People LEARN TO READ!
    You asked for feedback. If you then get feedback, accept it instead of bursting out in outrage.

    You can rage all you want, fact remains your post (which you asked feedback about) states "enemy unit" - enemy champions are enemy units. You just got feedback: your wording is off.

    Same goes for the other stuff. Making up excuses for whatever else people commented on is not how feedback works.

    If you just want people to pat you on the back and tell you your champion is awesome and perfect in every way, just state that instead of calling it 'feedback'. That way people will know not to waste their time.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You asked for feedback. If you then get feedback, accept it instead of bursting out in outrage.

    You can rage all you want, fact remains your post (which you asked feedback about) states "enemy unit" - enemy champions are enemy units. You just got feedback: your wording is off.

    Same goes for the other stuff. Making up excuses for whatever else people commented on is not how feedback works.

    If you just want people to pat you on the back and tell you your champion is awesome and perfect in every way, just state that instead of calling it 'feedback'. That way people will know not to waste their time.
    Bah, I said that because people keep repeating same stuff ( in all threads ), they only read main post, didnt read the comments where I corrected myself. Thats not rage. Most people just ignore lower case posts. I appreciate the feedback, I'm pretty sure the silence and ult are OP atm. I still dont agree about the passive itself but I cannot change anything. I'll now post my new champion which hopefully will receive better feedback. I'm trying to balance him as much as possible.

  17. #17
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,938
    Worry about numbers later and abilities first and foremost.

    Numbers are easy to tweak. Abilities are a lot harder.

    This guy above would tie in incredibly with Soraka, Cho'gath and Talon, obliterating most people from their silence. You need to consider such worst case scenarios. Because if he does not have such a team composition, he'll feel a lot worse, despite that being his intended state.

  18. #18
    Lmao if the champion came out must be related to leona hahaha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •