Exclamation Awesome game, but I forgot the name! :(

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone could help me find this game I used to play when I was younger, I forgot it's name..
    It's sort of a space invaders game, but then you have multiple levels, the graphics are pretty awesome, there's bosses etc.
    And the most important awesome part: You can have weapon upgrades, stuff like shooting flaming balls, shoot big ass lasers and many more.

I think the name started with a W, but I'm not sure =/

Hail to the person that can tell me the name of this game!

xo

Kind of sounds like Stardust to me. There's an HD version of it now on PS3.

not with a W, but this is what i thought of.

http://www.mamedb.com/alphabetical/W Just incase :P
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2012-11-18 at 09:47 PM.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Teach someone to fool me and fool me forever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Canada?
    Who threatens Canada? That's like, threatening that nice old man in the park who's always feeding the birds and giving wisdom to strangers.

It's neither of those sadly, but it's kind of a mixture between the two :P
    The game I'm thinking of has graphics as sophisticated as Stardust HD (kinda), but the gameplay is like Gradius, only the fighting is vertical just like space invaders

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 11:15 PM ----------

It's almost identical to this game!

I give up.. I have looked everywhere for the game; 4 lists of scrolling shooter games, about 10 forums.. google, youtube, name it. No result, closest thing I found was Ikaruga, but the game I'm looking for was a downloadable PC game so sadly I have not been able to find it..

Edit nr 1000: FOUND IT!

Last edited by Phaild0rf; 2012-11-18 at 11:42 PM.