Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

I guess I need to sub once to get my CE and sub coins? Or are they straight missing?
    Yes /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes /10char
    sadface

Guess I'll just keep it installed as a reserve game for now. Still love it just have way too many games to play.

sadface

Guess I'll just keep it installed as a reserve game for now. Still love it just have way too many games to play.
    That would be unwise.

15 dollars for 1600 coins is actually a good price.
    Furthermore, if you have over 350k credits you would do well to resub now, buy a bunch of unlocks off the GTN, let your sub run out, and then use the unlocks so you can play the game without a subscription.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Logged on and played for 30 min. (got 4 lvl 50 chars).
    The restrictions on F2P are ridiculous (actionbar limitation especially), so after 30 min. I logged off and decided never to play this crap again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I was going to download it again when I heard that it was going F2P. I thought the game was okay-ish but not worth a sub. But man... after reading about all the restrictions. =\ Feels like it'll honestly be more of a struggle to actually play the game than to have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Painstorm View Post
    Logged on and played for 30 min. (got 4 lvl 50 chars).
    The restrictions on F2P are ridiculous (actionbar limitation especially), so after 30 min. I logged off and decided never to play this crap again.
    If only you had taken another 5 minutes to check the GTN.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That would be unwise.

Furthermore, if you have over 350k credits you would do well to resub now, buy a bunch of unlocks off the GTN, let your sub run out, and then use the unlocks so you can play the game without a subscription.
    Yeah, pretty much what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That would be unwise.

Well I suppose I could pull that off just to have the unlocks. I would hate to miss out on it all together. Thanks.

I decided to try the game after it went F2P, I am only lvl 7 so far but the questing is, as I had been told, very nice. Love the fact that everything is voiced.

Not going to bother with end-game though.

After seeing their F2P model had even less interest.

Well I suppose I could pull that off just to have the unlocks. I would hate to miss out on it all together. Thanks.
    No prob. You have till December 20th to resub before your coins disappear. So you don't have to do it right away if you are busy with holidays/work/college right now.

Honestly it sounds like they were so terrified everyone was gonna unsub and play the f2p model that they made the restrictions batshit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wetnoodl View Post
    Honestly it sounds like they were so terrified everyone was gonna unsub and play the f2p model that they made the restrictions batshit crazy.
    Which is funny because unless you are hardmode or higher raiding, f2p is the better choice money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    ... show some goodwill towards former subscribers.

Why? Because you showed good will towards them by keeping your subscription? You already get a preferred account for being a former subscriber.

I don't understand this mindset at all. It's not present in any other area of our society where you get a bonus, or receive all of the perks that people got while you lapsed, for purchasing/subscribing to a product, bailing out, and then re-subscribing.

Logged in, saw the GTN interface still needed major work [lacked simple QoL features such as: sort by unit price button/column or compare price prior to listing]. Logged out.

I liked the ability to buy Cartel Market items from other people, though; gives players a way to access content without subscribing via in-game methods/currency.

However, an in-game trading system [Auction House/GTN/Trading Post] that is this bare-bones after roughly a year...
    Last edited by Frostea23; 2012-11-26 at 04:52 PM.
    Waste not, want not.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Why? Because you showed good will towards them by keeping your subscription? You already get a preferred account for being a former subscriber.
    Problem with preffered status is it's not really much better than what f2p get. To unlock basic functionality of the game you already paid for once you now have to pay extra 4000-6000 coins ~ $40-$60. In case of CE buyers especially that's pretty ridiculous.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Problem with preffered status is it's not really much better than what f2p get. To unlock basic functionality of the game you already paid for once you now have to pay extra 4000-6000 coins ~ $40-$60. In case of CE buyers especially that's pretty ridiculous.
    Honestly though there is a thread here somewhere that walks you through the minimum to purchase to play relatively equal to subscribers and it is nowhere near $40-$60.

But, I do agree with the CE thing. I feel I should get way more than just 1000 coins (not necessarily in coins) for having bought the Collectors Edition preordered.

But it is what it is. It's a great game for being f2p even with restrictions because you could easily get 50-100 hours out of leveling 2 fresh characters.

im wondering - all these ideas/suggestions and/or concerns about F2P, are you ppl putting these across on the SwToR forums???? - they wont know that you wont be coming bk with all these rescrictions(?) unless u actually tell them on the forums and the more ppl that tell them the more chance you have of getting some of these things lifted

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I don't see how it's ridiculous simply for CE buyers. Best Buy had the CE ($150 version) on clearance a month or so ago for $14.99. I had preordered a Standard version ($60), subbed since launch, and jumped on that offer. Some people would have bought a CE new at that time. So, for $14.99 clearance CE, someone should get massively more coins than me, who has subbed since launch and bought a $60 standard edition?

I doubt it's BioWare saying "F THE CE BUYERS!!" Probably more a hesitancy to open Pandora's box.

Either way, this is a situation where clearly you're not going to make everyone happy, and in fact, are probably going to torque some people off. But business is business, and they're a lot better at it than me or you, lest we be the ones making millions as CEOs of these places.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    im wondering - all these ideas/suggestions and/or concerns about F2P, are you ppl putting these across on the SwToR forums???? - they wont know that you wont be coming bk with all these rescrictions(?) unless u actually tell them on the forums and the more ppl that tell them the more chance you have of getting some of these things lifted
    You have to be subscribed to post on the forums.

Point null.