Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't like the F2P model.... So I'm subbing. I would sub anyways since I'm an old player who wanted to come back for some time now.

I saw in another thread people have spent 100-200 $ on the game already, clearly EA are at least milking the imbeciles and the morons which seems to be the general target market for the game.

Infracted: I already gave you a warning. Calling people imbeciles is offensive no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-19 at 10:22 AM.

I never stopped subscribing, don't think I will.

I like b2p model. You buy exactly what you want. Developer does not hold your chracters "hostages" demanding you to pay to get to them. But freemium is not what makes the game fun, gameplay is ... we will see how things changes in that area in TOR.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Played when it first came out, enjoyed the storylines/leveling but had to unsub due to not being able to afford subbing to two MMO's per month and barely anyone I know wanted to continue playing. So since it went F2P I decided to give it another shot and I must say that EA/Bioware have absolutely no clue how to do F2P the correct way. If you want someone to consider subbing/re-subbing to your game you don't make the free version so restrictive that you can't even play your class effectively (2 action bars = wtf...), 350k credit limit: um.. yeah... Seriously if anything they've proven even more so than before that they do not know what players want in an MMORPG. Was really hoping to get into the game again and try out some other classes but this is just not even fun at all, so sad.

Deleted
    I logged my 50 bounty hunter, joined a warzone and left it after 2 minutes.
    The restrictions are a joke, I had to have my spell/ability book open to be able to play.. And neither did my trinkets work and form what I understand I wont be able to re-equip the gear if I put it in my bag because this gear is too "good" for preferred accounts.

Deleted
    Had a crack on my account, not happy with certain restrictions, won't be playing again.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a prefered account. Installed the game this weekend. Played for about an hour - a warzone and a flashpoint.
    Maybe I will log once a week, but I don't like the f2p model at all. It is so restrictive that it is barely playable. And you are reminded on every step you take that you need to sub to use something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    - if you like the game, support it by giving money to the devs
    - if you don't like the game, well, play something else and respect those who likes it.
    - if you don't like the game, don't post how retarded or how crappy it is, just play something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    - if you don't like the game, don't post how retarded or how crappy it is, just play something else.

We can't post on the official forums to tell BioWare/EA how crappy it is, so MMO-C has to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Instaled the game again last night, gonna plat ft2 till i sort out a guild and then re sub again. Gonna play it along side WoW.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Yup, had a couple of months off it, a nice break and am getting back into the swing of things.

Playing some alts getting HK its been fun so far, need some new content soon though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    We can't post on the official forums to tell BioWare/EA how crappy it is, so MMO-C has to do
    still, aside from the fact it's a personal opinion, how about simple respect.

If you have worked hard on a product, but it still isn't as great as you or the public would like to be, do you think it's fair or nice to call it crappy?
    Don't you have any respect?
    Can you do better?
    Have you done any better?

You can explain why you don't like it, but gratuitous hatred is not contructive, and i would dare say, quite immature.

Finnaly, they are many thing that SWTOR have done well, there is quite a bit of nuance between an absolutely genius game et total crap.
    although a game ultimately is a bunch of 0 and 1, the final product is more than just a 0 or a 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went back, didn't last long. Combat sucks.

Deleted
    still, aside from the fact it's a personal opinion, how about simple respect.

If you have worked hard on a product, but it still isn't as great as you or the public would like to be, do you think it's fair or nice to call it crappy?
    Don't you have any respect?
    Can you do better?
    Have you done any better?

You can explain why you don't like it, but gratuitous hatred is not contructive, and i would dare say, quite immature.

Finnaly, they are many thing that SWTOR have done well, there is quite a bit of nuance between an absolutely genius game et total crap.
    although a game ultimately is a bunch of 0 and 1, the final product is more than just a 0 or a 1.

Actually, most people who have posted their "hate" in the last few days (Myself included) haven't gone about it in a crap way. We've tried to explain why, as returning players, it's not going to cut it...only to be insulted by people like you. Only so many times you can be told "stop being retarded" before you think, sod it it I will

*edit* And yes it is personal opinion. But that's the point of posting isn't it? I'm not going to post your opinion now am I?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, most people who have posted their "hate" in the last few days (Myself included) haven't gone about it in a crap way. We've tried to explain why, as returning players, it's not going to cut it...only to be insulted by people like you. Only so many times you can be told "stop being retarded" before you think, sod it it I will

*edit* And yes it is personal opinion. But that's the point of posting isn't it? I'm not going to post your opinion now am I?
    i never insult people. using word like "stupid" or "retarded" is just another evidence of lack of argument to support my point.
    and i stand by what i say. What seemed to you as a terrible F2P model, some other player will enjoy very much.
    plenty of people will jump at the occasion of playing for free a star wars online game, be a jedi or bounty hunter, or a soldier...
    and if they fell limited, some might invest a few $$$ to get some convinience, some might not.

they are different kind of player out there. WoW taught as much.

Deleted
    i never insult people. using word like "stupid" or "retarded" is just another evidence of lack of argument to support my point.
    and i stand by what i say. What seemed to you as a terrible F2P model, some other player will enjoy very much.
    plenty of people will jump at the occasion of playing for free a star wars online game, be a jedi or bounty hunter, or a soldier...
    and if they fell limited, some might invest a few $$$ to get some convinience, some might not.

they are different kind of player out there. WoW taught as much.

TOR isn't a terrible F2P model. It isn't a F2P model at all. It's a bit trial period.

As for not liking TOR....my CE is still on my desk. Malgus still guards my PC at night! My ~10k pre-wipe forum posts on swtor.com (Vlakrar was name btw, if anyone remembers the PC Spec's thread ) I wanted desperately to LOVE TOR!!! I did LOVE it, for a while. F2P was supposed to breath some life into it. It hasn't, for me and for A LOT of returning players. It's simple really.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOR isn't a terrible F2P model. It isn't a F2P model at all. It's a bit trial period.

As for not liking TOR....my CE is still on my desk. Malgus still guards my PC at night! My ~10k pre-wipe forum posts on swtor.com (Vlakrar was name btw, if anyone remembers the PC Spec's thread ) I wanted desperately to LOVE TOR!!! I did LOVE it, for a while. F2P was supposed to breath some life into it. It hasn't, for me and for A LOT of returning players. It's simple really.
    Like I tell most people- try coming back in 6 - 8 months down the road. In my eyes, things seem to be improving so hopefully in that allotted timeframe, there will be QoL features added and some things ironed out that will appeal to people once again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Like I tell most people- try coming back in 6 - 8 months down the road. In my eyes, things seem to be improving so hopefully in that allotted timeframe, there will be QoL features added and some things ironed out that will appeal to people once again.
    I said the same thing, a lot, to people playing at launch The changes didn't come then (ie now) so I have massive doubts they are coming in the next 6+ months either

10+ Year Old Account
    I said the same thing, a lot, to people playing at launch The changes didn't come then (ie now) so I have massive doubts they are coming in the next 6+ months either
    What do you consider to be launch? Cause a lot has change since the day it went live. UI modification, LFG tool, more graphic options... If you speak of post 1.2 then sure i can agree, but that is not launch is it.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!