Deleted

Decision between 2 graphics cards.

Hey guys, I'm building my new PC and I have a decision between two graphics cards... Well here are my options:

2 x AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB (+£60.00) (these is £60 pounds extra)

or

AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready (+£85.00) (This is £85 pounds extra)

Rest of the specs of the PC are:
    Processor (CPU): AMD Bulldozer FX-6 Six Core 6100
    3.30Ghz (3.9Ghz Turbo Mode)
    6 CORES Black Edition Perfect For Overclocking
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 With AMD 760 Chipset
    Supporting Quad & SIX Core CPUs & DDR3 Memory
    Memory: PATRIOT VIPER V3 RED 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz - Performance/Gaming RAM
    Hard Drive: 1TB SATA3 - 6Gb/s 7200RPM & 32MB Cache
    Optical Drive: SONY 24XDVD+/-RW Dual Format & Dual Layer
    Graphics Card:???????
    Case: AEROCOOL Strike-X One Case & 450W PSU

I play WoW, but I also want to play newer games such as RTS' like Shogun, and maybe Battlefield 3... Please suggest appropriate card(s) bearing in mind I'd love to save a bit of cash

Deleted
    I would definitely not opt for the first option. The 6450 is for gaming really, and going CrossFire with such low-end cards is a complete waste. The 7770 is the better choice, although still a budget pick.

What will you pay for this complete build? It's not bad, but only if the price is right. I would also be vary of the PSU.

Deleted
    Well... If I use my own Windows 7 £434.99 Good price by my books

whats your budget for the pc? and will you be assembling it yourself?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

You're going to need to post your budget and your screen resolution before people will be able to give you meaningful advice

Deleted
    Well, there is no budget, it's a present, and the people who I'm purchasing this from are assembling this for me

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 11:17 PM ----------

I have a 22" screen, so I'm guessing it's 1920x1080 or something around there?

Deleted
    Just an FYI. The blurb about bulldozer being 'perfect for overclocking'...
    All I have to say is pft. Bulldozer in it's current iteration is nothing but a powerdrain. It reminds me so much of netburst it's not even funny. Slow, inefficient and very VERY hot.

By the way, unless you're paying under £600 for this system, i'd say you're getting scammed. For me, it's a build of parts that I would NEVER pick.

Oh, and as Marest said, if that PSU is a generic brand, just don't get the system at all. 450w is a pretty low rating anyway but if it's one of those chinese nonbranded PSU's it will be on average hitting about 50% efficiency (450w sucked from your plug socket but only delivering 225 of those watts).

If you have time to save more money towards playing BF3 on a decent system, i'd definitely say wait it out for a couple more months till you have a few extra coins in your pocket.

EDIT: Just seen your next couple of posts.
    Honestly, i'd sell the bulldozer chip and the mobo. Buy a decent i3/i5 cpu and mobo combo and you will see sizeable performance gains. You might even make some cash :P
    Last edited by mmoc18c6ab442b; 2012-11-18 at 11:22 PM.

Well, if there's no budget, I'd suggest something like at least a 7850 (if you're determined to go AMD) or a 660ti (if you want to go nVidia). Really depends on your screen resolution and whether or not you want to be playing on max settings all the time. Consider getting a higher rated PSU as well.

Deleted
    Well, I'm paying £435 with the more expensive card (the 7770) so... would you suggest a better cooling system for the CPU, or a better graphics card, or a better PSU? criticise and help me, don't just criticise >.<

Deleted
    All of the above really. I'm sure other people will be more informative but i'm going to bed :P

Deleted
    Would a 750W PSU do?
    And well, thinking about it, I've probably got a budget of £475 atm :/ £500 at a big push...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor (£89.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£26.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£44.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£80.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card (£89.72 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case (£64.69 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£44.08 @ Ebuyer)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) (£70.45 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £521.70
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-19 00:06 GMT+0000)

Unlike Intel builds AMD FX scales well with higher clocked ram. So getting some serious firepower under your memory bus is optimal. Idk that I could build a better budget rig any cheaper quite honestly, and this thing will OC to pretty nice power.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-19 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Total: £521.70
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-19 00:06 GMT+0000)

Unlike Intel builds AMD FX scales well with higher clocked ram. So getting some serious firepower under your memory bus is optimal. Idk that I could build a better budget rig any cheaper quite honestly, and this thing will OC to pretty nice power.
    Isn't that missing a motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Isn't that missing a motherboard?
    @ that budget level its basically choose a $50~ board, ASRock pro3's are nice, however really your getting a cheap board it matters not.

Deleted
    Unlike Intel builds AMD FX scales well with higher clocked ram. So getting some serious firepower under your memory bus is optimal.
    Are you sure, i always thaught that was only for the APU's. Seeing as the gpu uses the RAM. Not that it matters much for pricing tho (getting slower ram)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Are you sure, i always thaught that was only for the APU's. Seeing as the gpu uses the RAM. Not that it matters much for pricing tho (getting slower ram)
    No thats a misconception from intel to amd, AMD does infact scale w/ higher frequency ram. APU's scale extremely well w/ higher clocked ram tho this you are correct. If you noticed any of the enthusiast level AMD rigs you will see 1866-2166 pretty much absolute.

Deleted
    Dude...you can get a much better build than that....
    Even for that price. Also don't get the Bulldozer.

Deleted
    No thats a misconception from intel to amd, AMD does infact scale w/ higher frequency ram. APU's scale extremely well w/ higher clocked ram tho this you are correct. If you noticed any of the enthusiast level AMD rigs you will see 1866-2166 pretty much absolute.
    Ah ok. Always was under the impression that because its just a cpu, the memory will react the same as intel. Thanks for that