Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
40
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    That is flat out false in many, many ways (when talking about progression raiding and bosses that actually mean something).
    Again, progression and heroic raiding isn't relly involved in this debate, which is talking about popularity of raid size.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  2. #582
    Just add "Search players" button to 25man raids and u can fill rest of ur spots with randoms. 25mans are tuned for 15players and 10 bodies laying @ floor.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Again, progression and heroic raiding isn't relly involved in this debate, which is talking about popularity of raid size.
    The fundamentals are still the same. I'm talking about encounters where the raid is performing at their limit, trying to kill a new boss. What's outside the scope is LFR, which you can't even call "raiding" with a straight face.

  4. #584
    25 mans are already rewarded more. They get more loot and because of higher class diversification the loot they get almost always goes to someone. In 10 mans we are constantly de'ing loot because no one needs it however there is loot that people need (it just hasn't dropped). It seems to me things are balanced now. The only reason 10's are more popular is because it's more fun and easier to get along with 9 others rather than 24 other players (totally my opinion of course).

  5. #585
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    655
    25 man raids already get so much more loot then 10man. I don't think that 25man needs any more incentives. If people are really going from 25 to 10 it seems like its a time for change. 10man might be the new dominate raiding size. It just sounds like people want Blizzard to force them to do something else. If you don't like the raiding atmosphere of a 10man look for a 25man guild.

  6. #586
    Banned Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    Just add "Search players" button to 25man raids and u can fill rest of ur spots with randoms. 25mans are tuned for 15players and 10 bodies laying @ floor.
    This is actually a good suggestion to help out the struggling 25 man guilds. As you've said, 25 is forgiving enough to pug a few players here and there - that's how it was designed.

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    This is actually a good suggestion to help out the struggling 25 man guilds. As you've said, 25 is forgiving enough to pug a few players here and there - that's how it was designed.
    Yeah, just stop. You obviously have no idea how real 25 man raiding works.

  8. #588
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Руссо Туристо
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    25 man raids already get so much more loot then 10man. I don't think that 25man needs any more incentives. If people are really going from 25 to 10 it seems like its a time for change. 10man might be the new dominate raiding size. It just sounds like people want Blizzard to force them to do something else. If you don't like the raiding atmosphere of a 10man look for a 25man guild.

    It's actually less loot per person than in 10 man. You get 2 tokens in 25man, that's 1 token for each 12.5man vs 1 token per 10man, also you get 3 pieces of loot, which is 1 piece per ~8.3 raiders, vs 2 pieces of loot in 10 man (1 piece per 5 man).

    Not even talking anout BS with legendary gem, you get 1 quest item from Sha per 25 man raid and same 1 quest item on 10 man.

  9. #589
    Banned Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    You obviously have no idea how real 25 man raiding works.
    Going to quote the people who designed 10m and 25m once again:

    In 25s you can afford to have a few deaths and you can even pull if you're backfilling a few players. Both really make you stop in your tracks on 10s. In 25, it's easier to fade back into the group if you're still not 100% confident in what you're doing. In 10s, it's harder to be a wallflower.

  10. #590
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,179
    Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Gold charms for clearing a raid in 25 man?
    That I think is an excellent idea. Should suggest it over in the official forums.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Going to quote the people who designed 10m and 25m once again:
    You can keep quoting fallacies all you want, it won't make them true.

  12. #592
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Yeah, just stop. You obviously have no idea how real 25 man raiding works.
    If by "real" 25 man raiding you mean progression and HC modes, you are wrong.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  13. #593
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Not even talking anout BS with legendary gem, you get 1 quest item from Sha per 25 man raid and same 1 quest item on 10 man.
    That's suspected to be a bug.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    If by "real" 25 man raiding you mean progression and HC modes, you are wrong.
    So you're saying in progression raiding and HC modes it's fine to pug people and have people fuck up? Okay, that's fine. It's not what happens in reality, but you're free to hold onto any delusions you wish.

  15. #595
    Banned Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    blah blah
    So show me where any WoW dev has ever stated that 25s are harder to execute than 10s?

    You can't, because that just isn't true. It might be harder to find more people, but 25s are much, much easier to execute than 10s. That is how they were designed.

  16. #596
    Isn't the incentive for 25 man the more epic and more prestigious raid size?

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    So show me where any WoW dev has ever stated that 25s are harder to execute than 10s?
    What? You do realize WoW devs stating something doesn't make it true, right?

    You can't, because that just isn't true. It might be harder to find more people, but 25s are much, much easier to execute than 10s. That is how they were designed.
    Perhaps you should try doing some proper 25 man raiding, you'll be surprised.

  18. #598
    Banned Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    769
    double post
    Last edited by Espe; 2012-11-20 at 04:01 PM.

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Been, there, done that. Needed more of a challenge. Moved on to 10hm.
    That's cute. It's painfully obvious you haven't.

  20. #600
    Banned Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Isn't the incentive for 25 man the more epic and more prestigious raid size?
    More epic? I guess it might seem that way with a few more bodies in the instance.

    More prestigious? I don't think even most 25m raiders believe that. They just want their shinies in the easiest mode possible and they have enough people around to fill them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    Perhaps you should try doing some proper 25 man raiding, you'll be surprised.
    Been there, done that. Needed more of a challenge. Moved on to 10hm.

    Perhaps you should try some proper raiding instead of coasting through the easiest mode?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •