New Server- Worth Leveling a New Lock?

So I recently finished leveling a priest on my new server, as I wanted a toon that could DPS and heal. But I'm remembering why I didn't like shadow. And now with even less of a CD oriented play style, I'm really starting to get bored of it.

So I've been thinking of returning to my Lock. However he is on a different server. Originally I was going to level him to 90 because he is a JC and Engineer, and my farming toon is on that server as well, so I could get all the cool mounts for myself. But now I really want to play him.

My question comes from how different the specs are now. In general I feel like it is easier to learn a spec when you level playing it. I don't think that Affliction will be too hard to get a grasp of as the general principle is the same. But when it comes to Demo even after reading a guide I feel sort of lost, and with it being a great PvE spec, and the go to PvP spec, I feel like I should learn it.

So my question is. Is it worth it, from a learn the spec stand point to level a new one. Or would it be better to just deal with it, and run a lot of dungeons on my current lock, and then eventually server change it.

Keep in mind how far back he already is in terms of dailies, and how much further back a new lock would be by the time her hit 90. Where as if I really try I can probably hit 90 early on in this upcoming week. I'll still be maintaining my priest as well as he is the only chance I have at the moment of raiding at all, and I don't want to loose out completely this first tier like I did in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhmm tough one. Personally, I'd level from 85 to 90 as Demo and learn on the fly. You'll need to do a whole bunch of dungeons anyway so stay Demo for those too. Be Demo for any dailies you run. Be Demo whenever you can be. Affliction is easy enough, as you said, but Demo does take a bit to get used too. By the time you're 90 with enough dungeons run to be geared for raiding, with possibly Golden Lotus/Klaxxi honored at least so you can spend some Valor on an item or 2, you should have enough play time under your belt to be proficient enough to raid as Demo as well. If you are really serious about that, that shouldn't take more then a few weeks, if you maintain your priest on the side and put the time in to raid and such.

I've not played Demo for a fair few weeks, and am actually going to start doing what I advise you to do, play Demo all the time to get back in to it, from next reset, though my reasons are purely for fun and not any pressing need to play Demo in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    So I recently finished leveling a priest on my new server, as I wanted a toon that could DPS and heal. But I'm remembering why I didn't like shadow. And now with even less of a CD oriented play style, I'm really starting to get bored of it.
    Why don't you like shadow? (aside from the total lack of DPS cooldowns outside of shadowfiend).

My question comes from how different the specs are now. In general I feel like it is easier to learn a spec when you level playing it. I don't think that Affliction will be too hard to get a grasp of as the general principle is the same. But when it comes to Demo even after reading a guide I feel sort of lost, and with it being a great PvE spec, and the go to PvP spec, I feel like I should learn it.
    Both specs are rather easy to learn. The real difficulty is in mastering them; at that point, you can only really "learn to master" a spec at 90. This is since in both PvE and PvP situations, your ability usage and cooldown usage will be completely different than while leveling (where you mainly care about burst).

So my question is. Is it worth it, from a learn the spec stand point to level a new one. Or would it be better to just deal with it, and run a lot of dungeons on my current lock, and then eventually server change it.
    From a learn the spec standpoint, transfer your warlock. Any leveling work does almost zero in terms of learning compared to just running dungeons at 90. The real question would be whether not having to level is worth the money to server/faction change or not.

Not having any real CD's is the reason I'm not liking Shadow.

It's fun and all, but just not what I want to be playing all the time. I loved my Lock, and want to love him again haha.

Honestly it took so long and was so little fun to level my Priest to 90 from scratch (already had one of those too) that I don't even want to play my Monk and he's full Heirloom with all those xp boost quests and stuff to boot, so it should go fast for him.

I think I'll just level him to 90 and start getting dailies done and stuff so if I can ever afford to transfer him I can, and I'll just find him a nice raiding guild on my old small ass server. Thanks for opinions.

Warlocks are amazing in PvE and all guilds should want one in their main setup. Demo is close to Affli in damage output and Destro has been proven to be able to perform as well.

Regarding PvP it seems Demo has become a bit gimmicky and kinda FOTM while Affli/Destro are not amazing but still viable, they all just need some tuning to become one of the top classes again.

I always recommend leveling as Demo as you can pull huge packs even in Pandaland and if you end up being overwhelmed your pets will often finish the job for you with insane damage from Imps and the AoE from Felguards with GoServ. I really doubt any other spec in the game is more fun to do solo stuff with.

You could try Destro as well but it's a spec you'll learn 90% of in 5 minutes and one you probably won't use much at level 90 so you'll gain more from learning Demo if you see yourself playing it in the future.

Ya, I started leveling through Panda land a few hours ago and found it very enjoyable. When I was leveling my priest through there, I found it very slow, having to be pretty careful about the mobs I pulled until I got to 90 and got some gear. Now I'm pretty much pulling all the mobs i need for a quest at once and watching them die in seconds. It's amazing.

Now that I've been playing my main lock for awhile and gotten used to everything I swapped over to my 85 horde lock (mostly to get the Double Agent achieve) and things are very smooth. Running around with voidlord and throwing up SB:SS all over the place to just tear things up.