Trying to grasp SimCraft

Alright, so I've come to realize by reading around a bit that reforging all the way into one stat for my Elemental Shaman is probably not the best thing to do. I have been using the default profile w/ ReforgeLite and it is going Haste/Mastery/Crit, I think. I know I have almost no crit. Anyways, I am trying to understand SimC but struggling a bit so hoping someone with better knowledge can guide me in the right direction.

I ran 10k and had it analyze all stats and it's coming back w/

INT 3.35
    SPI 2.57
    SP 2.77
    HIT 2.57
    CRIT 1.03
    HASTE 1.03
    MASTERY 1.25

Now, the part I am confused by is if those stat weights are what I should be manually entering into ReforgeLite in game? Any help or explanations would be great appreciated it.

My armory, if it helps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...luric/advanced

put those stat weight into reforge lite like this
    hit 25
    crit 10
    haste 10
    mastery 13 or 12 w/e u want

make sure you cap hit then it will sort out your stats with prio on mastery
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    put those stat weight into reforge lite like this
    hit 25
    crit 10
    haste 10
    mastery 13 or 12 w/e u want

make sure you cap hit then it will sort out your stats with prio on mastery
    So, I guess the thing that is confusing me is that I plugged those weights into the reforge tool and reforged. The, logged and re-ran SimC and got

CRIT - 1.01
    HASTE - 1.56
    MASTERY - 1.20

It looks to me like it flips now. Am I supposed to just go back and forth with this until the Sim comes out not much different than it was before or?

-Edit-

Also, the DPS from the original Sim w/ haste was 77220.6 and plugging the numbers in and reforging it Sim'd @ 76469.7[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:51 AM ----------

Anybody help me out here

Well, the Crit being = to haste is def wrong, but your second sim looks good. Reforgelite addon should reforge correctly in its default ele format.

Quote Originally Posted by fubu442 View Post
    Well, the Crit being = to haste is def wrong, but your second sim looks good. Reforgelite addon should reforge correctly in its default ele format.
    ReforgeLite in it's default ele format pretty much goes Haste/Mastery/Crit w/ ALOT of Haste. I'm just wanting to attempt @ min/max (as much as I can). That first Sim where it showed crit=haste weights was from simming it w/ the RefrogeLite Ele default reforges.

personally I shift around haste/mastery and resim until my mastery = haste. usually I ran reforgelite with default settings so it reforges everything to haste. next is I try to get as low as possible above .0 or .5 % mastery as for me it seems between them you don't get a partial percent or it isn't displayed only. I'm not sure so I try to avoid it. then I sim and if mastery is > than haste I try to switch some spi/crit/mastery > haste reforges and change it to > mastery reforge to get some additonal .5 % and resim again and rinse and repeat till I reach haste = mastery.

with my current equip it was default model for reforging and later switched haste to mastery to get 1% mastery till it was equal.
    however the pure haste reforge was slightly better than the mastery reforged built.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-11-19 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rona1012 View Post
    So, I guess the thing that is confusing me is that I plugged those weights into the reforge tool and reforged. The, logged and re-ran SimC and got

CRIT - 1.01
    HASTE - 1.56
    MASTERY - 1.20

It looks to me like it flips now. Am I supposed to just go back and forth with this until the Sim comes out not much different than it was before or?

-Edit-

Also, the DPS from the original Sim w/ haste was 77220.6 and plugging the numbers in and reforging it Sim'd @ 76469.7[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:51 AM ----------

Anybody help me out here
    Stat weights ( or in the case of SimulationCraft scale factors, approximations of marginal dps gains of stats ) are only valid for your current gear, and only in a small area around your current gear. Checkout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_approximation
    If you reforge from one stat completely to another, your scale factors will have changed drastically, and often they will have "fliped".

So:
    1) reforge virtually in a character planer, not directly ingame
    2) Don't reforge everything from one stat into the other. If you have 2 stats with more or less equal stat weights, and you reforge more than let's say 2000 rating, recalculate the stat weights.
    3) To find the exact "sweet spot" to balance out two stats, use SimC reforge plots.