Elegon 10N. a couple of questions

Hola again.
    Our best try we wiped from damage on around 19 %. Not enrage timer. Not actualy sure what the timer was when we wiped

Anyways. We run with 2 melee and 4 ranged dps.

Should the melee also rush out to kill the protectors or stand on the boss ?

Now we stand on the boss. using Bubble/cloak of shadows to avoid the first explotion. We burn the boss to 85% while the add is tanked and we then kill the add while the boss is using drawpower. I mean thats a huge dps loss. Not attacking boss while he draws.

What is the correct procedure here when using 2 melee ? (except the obvious, shooting the melee )

this is the logs from our last night trying the boss.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yhf1za7ehisgcn4d/

How bad is the dps. How far away from a kill ?
    The dps is increased quite a bit now. Or atleast some

I know the rogue sucked a little(me ). But ive done a lot of changes, made a "help me not suck" thread, which gave me a lot of tips and will get way better dps. Should be atleast 10k better. Not sure how much for elegon

Any pointers is taken in with arms wide open. since this boss need to die soon. Its been too long

Deleted
    Well, generally the dps in the raid is very low, especially the shamans but really everyone could step up their game.

Now I normally play tank, but my alt warlock is on about 473 itemlevel and I pulled 115k dps on elegon while pugging this week.
    Depending on your strategies with orbs every dps should be able to pull 100k atleast.
    I play a paladin tank so can't really speak for your tanks dps, but on a first glance I feel like it could also be higher. Tank dps is very important in 10 man. Doing 80k from a tank is not to much to ask for really.

Benchmarks:

2 protectors first phase
    3-4 protecters second P1

I would kill 4 spark waves each time granting you 10 stacks total, anything more is just overkill.

The most important aspect of the fight is killing the pylons evenly. Getting the straight six achievement is not an achievement. More so it is "congrats you did the fight properly"

All pylons should die within 2-3 seconds really to reduce add spawned.

In the burn phase you have to make an active choice between stacking in melee + burn the boss or stacking at ranged and reset your stacks at around 6-7 stacks.

Seeing as you got rogue + retri you could very easily stack at ranged and just have everyone reset stacks on regular intervals.

One of the shamans have improved quite a bit and the other is the healer going OS. I guess we just need to step it up. Pylons however. Thats where we go all wrong. we kill 2 at a time. And get a lot of adds. So perhaps we should try to aim for the achievement insted.

stack at ranged and the 2 melee just pop cooldowns and not reset ?

Also. Since we are wiping. Wont that pull our dps down quite a bit in the end result ?
    After what understand here. The pala did 260k when we popped heroism and i pulled around 216k. but then we wiped and it went down. If you check the graph
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2012-11-19 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Melees can reset aswell, they will just lose dps uptime doing so. Either let your melees die or have them reset.

Aiming for the achievement is really aiming to do the fight as it should be done. It is like if the achievement on stone guards was
    "Do not have any of the dogs overloading" or something like that.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2wqks7c4btjt0smy/

Hi We have been stuck on this boss for a while. 2 Weeks ago we decided it's time to take a break from him and go do HoF. We did manage to kill 2 bosses there. But are really struggling with phase transitions on Elegon. Can somebody tell me what's going wrong.

At what point in the fight are you wiping? My 10 man raid has done this with two melee (ret/rogue) a few times and we have had issues. We usually wipe to the last phase or otherwise someone being stupid, though. Resetting stacks has never been an issue. I never reset my stacks (as the rogue) and use feint+glyph+elusiveness to tank the AoE from the adds. I will use cloak when im at 25-30 stacks before phase transitions and reset my stacks during spark waves. Two melee sucks but it's doable if everyone can still do his share. If you can kill 5 sparks for 6 stacks of the debuff on the first phase 2 the rest of the fight should be a breeze, at least, that's how it is for us. 4 sparks = wipe at 10% to enrage, 5 sparks = kill with 45 seconds left. Amazing how much that 10% damage taken from ~80%-0% can help.

It could be different for you, and I haven't looked at your WoL, but for us it just isn't possible to do it with only 4 sparks the first time through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    At what point in the fight are you wiping? My 10 man raid has done this with two melee (ret/rogue) a few times and we have had issues.
    on our best tries we have been wiping in stage 3 of phase 2. after the second pillar phase. Healers just cant keep up. we stacked on boss and tried to burn it down. But i think we had too many of the small adds due to not killing the pillars close to eachother. we killed 2 by 2 by 2. Insted of spreading the dps and kill them all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    we killed 2 by 2 by 2. Insted of spreading the dps and kill them all at the same time.
    This is going to give you way more adds than you want and you should adjust to killing them all at once. My raid has every DPS create a macro that announces to the raid when their pillar gets to ~15%, so that way we know when to finish them off. After that, everyone should run toward the console, and stack in the middle when the floor reappears. We make killing adds the priority, using slows and generally avoiding snares unless you're positive they won't get rooted next to a DPS/healer and get practically one-shot.

Hey Glowpipe.

Your raid DPS is a bit below the optimal requirement for the fight. The first time we killed Elegon we had 2 players above 100k DPS(SV hunter(me) and Frost DK), even though gotta keep in mind that DPS increases as Elegon's "Damage Taken" debuff stacks up. Therefore I believe your DPS either needs to step up or needs a bit of gear. We usually run with 2 melee(Frost DK and Cat Druid) and 4 Ranged(SV hunter, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Shadow Priest) and 2 healers(Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman). Our Melee Only reset their debuffs by running out of the platform when an add is about to explode. Other than that, add DPS is completely a ranged task.

We nuke the first add right away. On the second add we bring the boss down to 85% and THEN kill it. We also ignore the 5'th spark, staying on boss. I made a video, perhaps it could help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khymW_kf1Y

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Pylons however. Thats where we go all wrong. we kill 2 at a time. And get a lot of adds. So perhaps we should try to aim for the achievement insted.
    That's what did the trick for us. We tried to get too many sparks, and then it went wrong on the pylons. So we decided to take it easy, and only get 3 sparks out. then we saved all our cd's for the pylons, and every dps nuks one pylon. The achievement way. That way that phase is really short, and you dont get adds. After that it was easy cruising.

It makes your dps lower on wol, since you have less stacks, but if you have nps on the enrage timer then it's worth a shot
    Good luck.

Thanks for all the tips here guys. I feel confident that he will go down now

Thanks for the video muwatallis. Will give the rest of the playes in my raid this video and i think we should have it.

Ive seen logs of kills that had nearly the same dps. A little more. So i just have to be that guy and push everyone to do more. Even myself.
    We had a new tank the other week that was undergeared aswell. So i guess he can pull more dps now. got a few more items both from rep and heroics and HoF

Will just keep trying

Late reply by now, maybe, but I wanted to point out that my guild does the pillars 2 at a time as well. Really the big difference between success and failure for us has always been 6 stacks the first phase 2. Every raid is different, it might not be what you guys need, but it sounds like we have very similar raids so you could think about it. The transition from the second phase 2 to phase 3 is certainly very stressful, we usually have a healing tide totem + halo/etc and people reducing their damage as possible (I keep up elusiveness pretty much 100% for the rest of the fight at this point).

We are still 0/6 in HoF so if we can do Elegon I know you can, you just have to figure out how to handle the tactics according to your raid. We had a ret paladin (normally healer) doing less DPS than the tanks so I don't think your DPS is too low to handle the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    Hey Glowpipe.

Your raid DPS is a bit below the optimal requirement for the fight. The first time we killed Elegon we had 2 players above 100k DPS(SV hunter(me) and Frost DK), even though gotta keep in mind that DPS increases as Elegon's "Damage Taken" debuff stacks up. Therefore I believe your DPS either needs to step up or needs a bit of gear. We usually run with 2 melee(Frost DK and Cat Druid) and 4 Ranged(SV hunter, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Shadow Priest) and 2 healers(Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman). Our Melee Only reset their debuffs by running out of the platform when an add is about to explode. Other than that, add DPS is completely a ranged task.

We nuke the first add right away. On the second add we bring the boss down to 85% and THEN kill it. We also ignore the 5'th spark, staying on boss. I made a video, perhaps it could help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khymW_kf1Y
    I'd like to add that the fire mage did 116k dps on the first kill.