Thread: ARP Marks

ARP Marks

I haven't bought ARP runes. I mostly jungle, are there any junglers besides Noct who uses ARP marks? I'm thinking of buying them cause I might end up buying Noct soon.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

flat arp is getting nerfed a small amount on marks and quints in season 3, but, with flat armor pen being calculated after percentage, it's value increases in season 3 as well. might be useful on other physical junglers, and adcs in season 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost any AD Jungler can use ArmPen Marks. I run them on Shyvana, Trundle, and Hecarim. I'm pretty sure Lee Sin can use them, Darius maybe but that's risky.

Really, if they are AD and don't rely on AD or AS to clear, they can run ArmPen.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are good to have. You can run them on a lot of AD junglers for extra ganking power, or specific things. I'm not too knowlegable about jungle rune pages (I usually use stonewall's). I know they work very well on Lee sin and trundle.

Not too sure about others though. I think mos junglers prefer AS marks, but a combination of AS/AD and ArP works.

I normally use AD on most of my junglers. Except for those that have a noticeable change with AS.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rule of thumb for jungle runes is: AS is baseline. Weird AP junglers (Karth, Zyra, Malz hopefully) get MPen. If they don't benefit from AS, use AD marks. If they don't benefit from AS and have insane base values, go ArmPen.

There are exceptions, but that is based on ganking power and sustain. Darius could probably run ArmPen, but he has no sustain and has to overpower the jungle, which AD is good for. Hecarim could benefit from AD to make his Q a little stronger the first clear, but his ganking is so deadly with ArmPen it's stupid not to take them.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-19 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    My rule of thumb for jungle runes is: AS is baseline. Weird AP junglers (Karth, Zyra, Malz hopefully) get MPen. If they don't benefit from AS, use AD marks. If they don't benefit from AS and have insane base values, go ArmPen.

There are exceptions, but that is based on ganking power. Darius could probably run ArmPen, but he have no sustain and has to overpower the jungle, which AD is good for. Hecarim could benefit from AD to make his Q a little stronger the first clear, but his ganking is so deadly with ArmPen it's stupid not to take them.
    Yeah I MPen my AP junglers. I have looked at it as, if they have an AD increase I use AS, if they have an AS increase, I use AD. If they have both go ARP. But since Noct is the only one I have seen actually with both, I never bought ARP. lol If they have neither, but short cds go AD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw one more thing up for now. Look around at jungle guides and videos. Everything I know about the jungle I've learned from Stonewall and TheOddOne. TheOddOne got me into jungling and gave me the knowledge to build a generic rune and mastery build that would work for any jungler (AS Page and the mastery tree labeled Udyr). Stonewall helped me learn specific builds that play off the strengths and weaknesses of different champs, which has led to my current ability to make decent builds for new junglers with little outside research..

Also, here is my lolking profile, so you can see what I run for different champs. Everything jungle related should be clearly labeled, except the udyr page, so it should be a little helpful. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/312055#profile

Deleted
    I only ever use them on Garen or Olaf, i guess you could jungle Olaf with them... He gets some ARP from his ult too!

Deleted
    Olaf, Ree Singur, Trundle, and Nocturne are the ones I run ARP runes on.

Deleted
    I'd run AD on champs that scale well with AD only, so Lee Sin, Riven and such.