Deleted

Neat trick to increase your opening burst

Just thought I'd share a small trick I've been using to increase my opening burst, and it involves the T12 warrior dps gear:

(2) Set: Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout abilities increase all physical damage you deal by 10% for 12 sec.

Equipping 2 piece pre-pull, shouting and then putting your proper gear on (which does not remove the damage increase buff) gives you roughly 10 seconds of increased damage, which I thought seemed pretty decent. This is only a marginal gain overall of course and if you muck it up you'll screw your dps over completely but for those of us like me who like to min/max it is an increase in dps.

You'd have to be insanely spot on for that to work right, I'd say there's more chance of fucking it up. You hit your shout right on the pull, then switch gear and run in, by the time you hit the boss you have ~5 seconds left. The other scenario is you shout and before you switch the tank pulls, putting the raid in combat, with you in ilevel 378. It's a nice idea but it's impractical at best.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    You'd have to be insanely spot on for that to work right, I'd say there's more chance of fucking it up. You hit your shout right on the pull, then switch gear and run in, by the time you hit the boss you have ~5 seconds left. The other scenario is you shout and before you switch the tank pulls, putting the raid in combat, with you in ilevel 378. It's a nice idea but it's impractical at best.
    This is why normal raids do count downs before pulls : \ they get to 3, you shout, 2 swap gear, 1 prepot, pull. It's a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Warriors have been doing things like this for a while. Do you not remember mastery stacking with moonwell chalice etc for a pre-pull deathwish in cata? It's hardly a new concept, and trivial to implement with a macro or two and a decent countdown.

Thanks OP for pointing this case out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good find, +1.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    This is why normal raids do count downs before pulls : \ they get to 3, you shout, 2 swap gear, 1 prepot, pull. It's a good idea.
    Yeah, I always do that myself. I used to get so pissed off back in Cataclysm when someone fucked up on the countdown and made me waste a pot. I was also using the pre-pull mastery set/Deathwish trick as fury.

<Tank> ok, pulling in 5, 4, 3....
    <Me> *pop mastery trinket, pop deathwish, swap back to normal gear, pop reck, use potion*
    <Some random dude in raid> OH SHIT WAIT DON'T PULL YET I FORGOT MY FLASK OR FOOD BUFF OR WHATEVER ELSE

Also meant we had to wait a couple of minutes before the next pull so my shit could come off CD. I wanted to punch a kitten every time that happened.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-19 at 03:40 PM.

Something else as a tip, if you ask your raid to do a 7 second count or something, is spec changing. When you swap specs, you gain 20 rage with immediate decay. So, if you switch to your mainspec (I believe it's roughly 5 second cast for spec change) at 7, have the full cast go off by 2, shout->into pot, you can start the fight with roughly 40 rage before you even charge in. Could imagine for max dps, doing both of these could be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have elvui, the above tip might be a bit difficult. Spec/Talent/Glyph swapping almost always requires you to reload your ui.
    Preemptively reload so as to mitigate the chance of errors.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-11-26 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    <Me> *pop mastery trinket, pop deathwish, swap back to normal gear, pop reck, use potion*
    <Some random dude in raid> OH SHIT WAIT DON'T PULL YET I FORGOT MY FLASK OR FOOD BUFF OR WHATEVER ELSE
    You could always try convincing your guild to adopt a "once the timer has started, there's no going back" policy in regards to pull timers. It usually makes everyone happier, and forces those slow people to start paying attention before the ready check.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

Also meant we had to wait a couple of minutes before the next pull so my shit could come off CD. I wanted to punch a kitten every time that happened.
    our raid consists of about 7 people on an average day who just click the ready check even though they aren't. everytime a part of me dies inside when that happens. In theory there shouldn't be any parts left inside my body by now............

they should rename the readycheck to "I-am-not-afk-check", srsly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    our raid consists of about 7 people on an average day who just click the ready check even though they aren't. everytime a part of me dies inside when that happens. In theory there shouldn't be any parts left inside my body by now............

they should rename the readycheck to "I-am-not-afk-check", srsly.
    I feel your pain. It sounds like a extremely complex job, but I would invest in somebody making an addon that checked when somebody hit the 'Ready' button they were actually READY. This would include: if they had all available buffs/food/potions ready, correct glyphs/talents and gear and all their CD's were up etc. Then, even if I pulled the boss and they started whining about not being ready, I could paste them the addon feedback and say "look, you were ready, stop holding us up". BigBrother does this to an extent, but the amount of times people will click 'Ready', then tab back out to their web browser and forget shit until the last minute happens so often it's painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an addon that checks Food/Raid/Flask buffs. It is called RaidBuffStatus.

If someone is slacking and was playing Tetris and does not have a food buff, or is trying to save money or just oblivious to the fact that their flask has ran out, you can check it with the press of a button.

Essentially it has an ideal set of circumstances for each class that is normally attainable in a raid. (I.E. said buffs/food/flask) You can adjust said ideal values, but perhaps this will be a solution of sorts in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    our raid consists of about 7 people on an average day who just click the ready check even though they aren't. everytime a part of me dies inside when that happens. In theory there shouldn't be any parts left inside my body by now.............
    I have a policy that the raid pull timer goes off as soon as the readycheck is finished and everyone is ready. Even if the raid lead is still fussing, the timer is going and I'm pulling in 5. Most of them learn.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on the US Servers already tested if the buff is still active after swapping gears?
    They fixed the Tier2 shout buff pretty quickly, although it wasn't as known as the T12 shout buff.