View Poll Results: Turn dailies into weeklies with 4x the reward?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

94 56.97%
  • No!

71 43.03%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Someone got to the idea before you, except they went all the way with 7x the reward.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...blem-For-Blizz

As I said in that thread, this implementation would work very well for me personally, though I understand the downsides of it and reasons against it.

if you want weeklies the rep from dailies should be increased by x7.

Herald of the Titans
    I don't see a problem with it either way. If they added, or made it the default, the weekly quests I wouldn't have a problem with it. I can understand the argument on both sides for this one.

Personally, the quality of the game experience for me hasn't changed since I started playing. I level, I quest, I pvp, I raid. No matter what Blizzard does I'll keep playing. I spent my money on the game. I invested plenty of time into the game for enjoyment. And changing how simple quests work wouldn't bother me a bit.

I'd probably be tempted to do the "weeklies" rather than the dailies. As it is, I don't touch them. But, there's two sides to every coin. For the people who'd like this idea, more would stand up and argue "There's not enough to do in this game!"

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    If they didnt control the crafting designs I wouldnt.
    Same for me. There's other things to do, but just grind rep for recipes...like getting CP gear before it becomes obsolete before the next tier (and that's on top of trying to get raid gear, which is why I appreciated the valor gear. Can do all three within 3 months if necessary. Now? It's pick which side...and how is that fun?).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

On another note, there are Achievement whores like myself who go after stuff like [Getting Around the Shado-Pan] and [Champion of Chi-Ji]. The shadow-pan one currently requires a minimum of 27 days, assuming you get the dailies you need. Making them weeklies would change it into 27 weeks. The Chi-Ji one requires you to get the Chi-Ji dailies from AC 15 times, so a minimum of 15 weeks. However, there is only a 1/4 chance of getting those dailies, so on average, it would take 60 weeks to accomplish, assuming you get it once every four weeks. If RNG is a bitch to you, this achieve could last you up to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    TBH I would like this more than any other solution.
    Agreed, I still don't understand why they got rid of being able to do the 7 heroics for valor in one day for the week, that was the BEST change they ever made, why would they get rid of it?
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    I always find the daily arguments and suggestions fascinating, this one being no different. The problem I see is sure people don't like to be "forced" to do dailies everyday, but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do? I'm assuming that most people aren't the "I can only be on long enough to do a set of dailies" type people, so what else would fill your time? If dailies became something that was done on a weekly basis than there could be a good chance that it would contribute to MoP becoming like Cata in the sense that there was so little to take up time on a main that people just rolled alts. That is not to say dailies are all you can spend you time doing, but I know since I stopped having to do them on my main my play time on him has dropped dramatically.
    See this is the problem.

Back in Vanilla and even into the late Burning Crusade, there was ALWAYS progression, unless you were the 10% or less. In just about every aspect of the game. Now, maxing professions is easy, you can faceroll raids in LFR, faceroll Heroics, dailies are a joke, and farming is just out dated.

The only progression worth ANYTHING, in this game, High End PvP or Heroic Raiding. Everything else, time investment.

Honestly, I feel the game is flawed. There is an obvious problem. Blizzard hiding behind gated dailies, then raising hands, saying you don't have to do them. While making sure there is nothing else to progress in. Unless you raid ALL THE TIME or PVP all the time. Then claim, you don't have to do that.

My response, I don't have to pay you either. Then I can STILL play your game. Not advocating anything.

There's a reason why dailies exist. Blizzard wants you to log in frequently. It makes sense from a developers' point of view. And they most certainly don't wanna have the situation back they had in Cata, where people would log in for this weeks' LFR or raid, get that done and complain for the rest of the week about not having any reason whatsoever to log in to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    False.

The Glider lawsuit proved that Blizzard makes it's money on players leveling toons (it showed they estimated losing $120 per toon from Glider...which was the reason for the lawsuit, not the botting itself). There is no other mainstream MMO that offers 50 toons per client (not account) to level toons, either.
    Blizzard gains money when you play the game and it's irrelevant what you do in the game. In the past a lot of people played toons because there was nothing else to do. Why did they loose money because of bots? Because they do everything which eats a lot of time so that players have less to do and will stop playing until there's something new.

Blizzard wants you to log in every day and every month so that you pay your subscription and they get money. Also I still don't see the problem with the dailies. If it's all about the VP gear you just have to do 2 factions at the time which will take less than 30 minutes a day and maybe 2 weeks until revered and then you unlock the next 2 factions with VP gear and their dailies will also take only about 30 minutes. Are 30 minutes really too much every day for dailies? Sure when you do the other dailies it can take up to 2h to do them all but as said you only need to do 2 factions at a time to unlock the VP gear.

With the next patch (that will maybe hit next week) we will get doubled reputation once we are revered (and bought the item to unlock) with a faction. At this point a lot of people should already by exalted or at least revered with every faction and with doubled reputation it will take only 3-4 weeks for a toon to get all factions to exalted.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Blizzard gains money when you play the game and it's irrelevant what you do in the game. In the past a lot of people played toons because there was nothing else to do. Why did they loose money because of bots?
    (it showed they estimated losing $120 per toon from Glider...which was the reason for the lawsuit, not the botting itself)
    The Glider lawsuit put Blizzard's hand on the table for all to see. It explains why no other mainstream MMO allows so many toons per game client. It's how they make their money with cheap $15/mon subs, because as long as you're leveling you're playing (not mothballing the account to play something else) -- and have that many more alts to gear out to not behind the gear curve in a game designed about gear.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Level alts.
    So instead of spending time on my main, the character I care about, I'm "forced" to level alts if I want something to do solo because sections of the playerbase can't be bothered to do dailies each day, but also somehow thing they're hardcore enough that they're mandatory? No thanks.

If you don't want to do dailies more than once a week, don't. Simple as that, you'll get the rep over a longer period of time, but who cares? There needs to be an upside and a downside to investing / not investing time into doing things, none of the rep factions are mandatory to hit exalted on and revered is trivial.

I would rather have weeklies! Sounds awesome.. Once a week is pretty much how often I can be arsed to do dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    People would say that they are "forced" to do dailies instead of weeklies, since dailies reward more.
    People weren't feeling forced to get Zin'rokh in the first tier of cata raiding even though it was the best sword before heroic weapons.

Instead of turning them into weeklies with 4x the reward, why don't you just do dailies 4 times per week? People that can be arsed to do them more often are rewarded with more rep, valor and a bit of gold. If you're just after Valor gear, you don't need to do dailies everyday. I haven't been doing dailies everyday, have every rep at 15k into revered and still have plenty of items left to buy (trinket, shoulder, helm, belt and wrist). The only reason I still do dailies from time to time is for achievement sakes.

The only problem with these dailies is how badly they suck if you want to gear up alts in valor gear, that you cannot spend valor until you raise reputations and that you cannot start with Shado-Pan and August Celestials until you're revered with Golden Lotus. The first two will be fixed in 5.1 (double rep once one character reaches revered and item upgrades with valor). That just leaves the Golden Lotus requirement, that should be lowered to honored.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    if you want weeklies the rep from dailies should be increased by x7.
    And take 7 times as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    People weren't feeling forced to get Zin'rokh in the first tier of cata raiding even though it was the best sword before heroic weapons.
    Really? This sword had the forums full of people whining about being forced to do Archeology and how mind-numbingly boring it was.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2012-11-19 at 08:37 AM.

The point of dailies is Blizz's way of making people log in often. So this idea would never come to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Alternatively, provide options:

Option 1: Dailies, providing the current reward, no changes from the current system. Completing one daily locks out option 2 for the rest of the week.
    Option 2: Weeklies, providing 4x the reward of a single daily. Completing a weekly locks out dailies for the rest of the week.

Each option would be independent to each quest, so each quest giver would offer both the daily and weekly version the first time you go to him... and making the choice locks you in for the rest of the week.

Obviously option 1 is better if you do your dailies at least 5 days in the week, but option 2 is a lot less time investment, and lets people who can only play a couple times a week get more benefit, while still giving people who play every day a clear advantage. It also lets people who hate dailies do them less often, while still making decent progress.

Edit: Option 2 could of course be tweaked as appropriate. Numbers here are just my initial thoughts.
    That wouldn't work. People would then bitch that they're "required" to do it the first way because it offers a smidge more rep.

Remember, people's mindset these days is that the quickest way to do something is obviously the only conceivable way possible, and anything else is just Blizzard trying to cover up their thinly veiled yadda yadda yadda.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No matter how you change the game there is always someone that feel "forced" to do content, this is because many peoples put themselves into that condition, for example you are nowere forced to do rep with alt, mounts/pets and titles are now accont wide, so the only reason to do them on alt is equip (that you can gain easly from other source maybe not top notch but enought to enter lfr) and patterns and even those are not stricly required, in a guild you can surely find a main that has the profession and the recipe that you are interested and can make the object without paying any fee.
    Now If you want 10 alts to have top notch gear and all the pattern or you enter a guild that require alt to progress but you don't have the time/mind to do so it's not blizzard fault, it's maybe you that pretend too much with the little time you have. Basically peoples wanna be hardcore players without the time to back it up and pretend blizzard to remove thing to make that way of playing the game more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    considering you don't have to do dailies, my answer is no.
    ^ Like in all these threads: this. You are the only one forcing yourself to do dailies. If you get bored, do them twice a week, no one is forcing you to get revered/exalted asap. Same goes for alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.