View Poll Results: Turn dailies into weeklies with 4x the reward?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

94 56.97%
  • No!

71 43.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's so wrong with the idea of 7 dailies a week having the option of say, I kill 20 mobs a day for this one quest OR i pick the kill 140 mobs over a week.
    That to me would function and no one would lose out.
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

If you think dailies are usurping too much of your time, I really think that WoW isn't the game for you. When I saw that dailies were rewarding you Valor Badges in addition to gold, I nearly got to half-mast.

If you think WoW dailies are too time consuming, the first few levels of Angry Birds or Minesweeper on easy are more your speed.

There are still people that think they NEED to do them? If I were you I'd visit a shrink for some type of OCD treatment.... because that's what it is.

I've not done a single daily out of the feel that I need it for valor. I've generally skipped dailies. But as a person that is studying, flexibility is nice.
    Raiding is already nigh impossible when i tend to keep a decent sleep schedule.
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

If this happened, people would complain they had nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Level alts.

Those with multiple accounts don't buy more just for bank alts, they get them to have more toons to raise. More toons to tradeskill with. Toons to help farming older content. Many reasons.

There's more to do than *just* the daily grind. Once you're off that end-game/gear up roller coaster you can appreciate the content better, too. Didn't have that much time during WotLK to look back at the instances, or appreciate even ICC (as it was always a rush to get in and out). Going back in during Cata there's time now to look at the time spent on level and set design, and appreciate the smaller things so overlooked for the "action" and gear. It's now about mood and feeling than just something that will be vendored/disenchanted in another patch.
    I don't think leveling alt is good option for people that "don't have time" to do dailies. Or at least if they're not hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I don't often post suggestion threads, as I find them redundant and most often the ideas are really ... really stupid, but for this once I feel like I had an idea that actually was worth suggesting and who knows maybe it'll get some momentum as solution to the whole dailies issue people are widely complaining about. The proposed solution is very simple:

Turn all new daily quests into weeklies and increase the reward to 4x the current reward for reputation, lucky coins and valor points per quest.

This way people might actually feel like they have time to do the dailies on an alt too. Like they don't have to do them too often (only once a week) and that the rewards are worthwhile, 20 valor points and 500 rep per quest (or whatever quadruple the current rep would be).

It's such a simple change that will probably please many people... the only downside being that you'll not be able to get as much reward from them as before IF you did do your dailies more than 4 times a week to begin with.
    I would competly agree with this.

Actually this way you could say today I'm doing Klaxxi, tomorrow Golden Lotus, then August Celestials or something like that. Eventually you could do all the Rep Grinds without being forced to do the same shit every single freaking day for hours on end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    I don't think leveling alt is good option for people that "don't have time" to do dailies. Or at least if they're not hypocrites.
    You don't have to race to 90 in 3 days, ya know?

Plenty of players go out and level their toons on limited time, as it bothers no one and they can complete what they want and log off.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

High Overlord
    The weeklies option sounds very retarded for me, sorry but it is. Every day i log in to wow to do some dailies and watch the bar reach slowly to exalted, and then on the big day i mount up with a new mount. The only things you do in wow now when you are lvl 90 is LFR,PVP, Dailies and Raids. I don´t raid anymore because i don´t want to invest my time in that. Busy everyday so raiding isn´t an option, don´t mind pugging tho. When i am caped in conquest i don´t do more arena for the week, don´t doing BG´s either. So what do i have left to do? The answer is Dailies,LFR and VP cap if i´m bothered. Levling alts is an option and i do lvl one right now.
    But if you would put in the weeklies option there would be no fun. If blizzard would invent that it would be caos in Org/SW. People would be crowded in those cities and just being AFK everyday, just like in Cata. Cata had barely no dailies and the expansion was a joke itself. Now in Mop you actually have to dedicate yourself to the game and spend time to get the stuffs you want (VP gear and mounts i´m thinking of).
    The weeklies is just an option for the whiners that cba to spend your "important wow time" on doing dailies and caping VP. You rather just sit afk in orgrimmar just like in cata and wait for something to pop up.
    Exalted with all factions on my main and i don´t regret a thing. The rewards really pays up, especially the exalted ones .

Don´t invent weeklies blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You don't have to race to 90 in 3 days, ya know?

Plenty of players go out and level their toons on limited time, as it bothers no one and they can complete what they want and log off.
    The same applies to dailies.

Also not a fan of weeklies.

The only thing I would like to see is the return of tabards, but make them work differently. Basically, make it so when you kill a Heroic/Raid boss, while wearing a tabard, you gain rep INSTEAD of loot/points.

So if your kill a boss that doesn't drop something you need, or you already have the item it drops, you can throw on a tabard and get Rep. Gives a bit more functionality, and prevents "double dipping", as players are either rolling on rewards or gaining rep, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    Also not a fan of weeklies.

The only thing I would like to see is the return of tabards, but make them work differently. Basically, make it so when you kill a Heroic/Raid boss, while wearing a tabard, you gain rep INSTEAD of loot/points.

So if your kill a boss that doesn't drop something you need, or you already have the item it drops, you can throw on a tabard and get Rep. Gives a bit more functionality, and prevents "double dipping", as players are either rolling on rewards or gaining rep, not both.
    You'd have people complaining that they forgot to unequip the tabard and missed out on loot. In addition, if people are already gearing up in raids, they like... doubly don't need an extra means to acquire rep, as their shoddy excuse that they absolutely need the rep for gear would fall apart, as raid gear is better anyway.

If they're going to bring tabard rep back into the game, they should put a cap on how much can be earned via tabard alone each week.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The system is fine as is. If you want something, earn it, don't cry about it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I just think the weekly model works better than the daily model. Gives people more freedom, makes doing the dailies on your alt feel more natural. Raids also reset per week instead of per day.

I'm sure nobody would be happy either if they had turned dailies into hourlies and you'd get 10 rep and 1 valor point for completing an hourly every hour of the day instead. :P

I don't mind doing dailies. It gives me something to do in the game besides AFK in Stormwind while waiting for a heroic queue to pop. What I don't like about dailies is how many there are. I feel like I don't have enough time to do them all, and I'd like to. I have to prioritize, though, every time I log on because I know I won't get them all done. As a result, I haven't even started questing in the Dread Wastes to open up Klaxxi quest givers. That will have to wait until after I'm done with Order of the Cloud Serpent and Golden Lotus (which are my focus at the moment). Maybe the second week in December, I will sit down and get all the non-daily quests done in Pandaria. Then all my daily quest areas should be open for me to go to whenever I feel like it.

Image created by Brienna

Blizzard really fucked up this one...now i have 2 alts stuck between item level 460 and 470 like so many other people. Anyway...I think your idea (with a couple modifications) is good but I still think it should be "you get revered on one toon, you get revered on ALL toons." Even the double rep patch that's coming just ain't gonna do it for me. I didn't quest my ass off on my main just to have to do it on my alts again later. Maybe if it were THREE times rep..then we'll talk.

This is honestly enough for me to consider unsubbing. I simply will NOT do these quests on other toons and there's no way to get to item level 470 to get you into the last few raids unless you do LFR for months(and you can only kill 6 bosses a week until you're IL 470) , buy incredibly overpriced gear, or do the fucking dailies. Having 3 options to get a higher IL sounds good, but not if they all fucking suck.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I used to think that until I started playing my alts while refusing to do the dailies...again. Oh, and you're really earning that gear by doing the dailies because those dailies sure are tough! Yeah I'm being sarcastic as all hell. It used to be the most skilled players have the best gear. Now it's going to be an issue of "the players who are willing to do quests that no one wants to do have the best gear."

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I used to think that until I started playing my alts while refusing to do the dailies...again. Oh, and you're really earning that gear by doing the dailies because those dailies sure are tough! Yeah I'm being sarcastic as all hell. It used to be the most skilled players have the best gear. Now it's going to be an issue of "the players who are willing to do quests that no one wants to do have the best gear."
    Except your example makes absolutely no sense, as heroic raid gear, and regular raid gear, are better than daily rep gear anyway.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    The problem I see is sure people don't like to be "forced" to do dailies everyday, but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do?
    Same thing I did in Cata: level alts, gear alts for LFR, gear alts IN LFR, and then move on to the next alt.

I love playing alts. I really do. Cata was a pretty amazing expansion for altoholics. So far MoP has been an altoholics nightmare scenario. I could handle the daily grind once... but twice? Three times? Good god, enough is enough.

I agree that making them into weeklies probably provides too much reward for too little time investment. I'd rather see the rep gains increased two-fold at least from dailies, and perhaps allow players to do them 7 times per week instead of once per day, resetting the same way raids currently reset. Same time investment, but you do it on your schedule and you don't have to grind them for weeks on end, only 10-15 days max.

Should be a option, turn them to dailies with the x1 reward (7 times a week) or weekly quests with x4 reward (once a week), so if you want you'll receive a bigger reward for doing them each day.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Because -apparently- we all play WoW in order to have a second job.

WoW is a game. Ergo, the "earning" requirement should be at the very least stimulating. Or bearable. Whichever adjective you prefer.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber