View Poll Results: Turn dailies into weeklies with 4x the reward?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

94 56.97%
  • No!

71 43.03%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I miss the weekly raids quests, we had in Wrath
    And TBC/Wotlk strickt daily heroic. And we had to fly there !! Miss those times

for the love of warcraft NO!
    you do NOT NEED to do the dailies.. so NO.
    you are niether FORCED to do the dailies UNLESS YOU WANT rep for that FACTION.
    so NO.

Make the weekly Fatty Goat Steak for EVERY SINGLE "WEEKLY" and make it so you need 60 of them per quest per faction. And you can't die, if you die once you lose all the fatty goat steaks you've looted. And this ofc, will be an alternative to the normal sets of dailies present, which are not required, don't need to be done in any set amount of time, and really only have to go to revered if you are bad and need gear carrying you. Whining imbeciles need not be placated, so give them this punch in their big fat mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Turn all new daily quests into weeklies and increase the reward to 4x the current reward for reputation, lucky coins and valor points per quest.
    Also, the weekly would have to be an overtuned Raid style weekly making the "earn" last just as long as the dailies. Something that takes 7 hours to complete. It would be soloable, but tough as nails

They need to just remove the valor gear from the vendors. Im fine with enchants and other profession patterns being locked into rep but valor needs to be removed. I think eventually Blizz will do this just like with JP gear. Also they need to give the items from the revered quests a high ilvl it just stupid that they are greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    They need to just remove the valor gear from the vendors. Im fine with enchants and other profession patterns being locked into rep but valor needs to be removed. I think eventually Blizz will do this just like with JP gear. Also they need to give the items from the revered quests a high ilvl it just stupid that they are greens.
    Why remove valor gear from rep?

If you don't want to do the dailies to get the rep for that faction, you can do raids and get better gear that way.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    I always find the daily arguments and suggestions fascinating, this one being no different. The problem I see is sure people don't like to be "forced" to do dailies everyday, but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do? I'm assuming that most people aren't the "I can only be on long enough to do a set of dailies" type people, so what else would fill your time? If dailies became something that was done on a weekly basis than there could be a good chance that it would contribute to MoP becoming like Cata in the sense that there was so little to take up time on a main that people just rolled alts. That is not to say dailies are all you can spend you time doing, but I know since I stopped having to do them on my main my play time on him has dropped dramatically.
    I think you just hit the nail on the head. People don't want to do dailies, or in any case, they don't really enjoy them - and the fact there's nothing else to do but dailies puts this game in a very sorry state.

So I read this suggestion as "make dailies weeklies and give us more, and interesting, content to do". This could be anything - I'd personally love something I could work on individually, like a fascinating quest line but less faceroll and where a lot more time investment is needed, with proper rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    The rep grinds should be a time investment. I don't like the x4 idea for that reason.

However, I like the weekly idea. Instead of increasing the gains, just increase the number of quests available. That way it's still a time investment, but it's on your schedule. You could even kind of randomize which are available, so that you still have to sign in several times a week to access all of the quests.
    It is a time investment, you can only get so much rep per week which makes it an investment in real time. And god no! We don't more damn daily quests, if anything there should be less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    ...but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do? I'm assuming that most people aren't the "I can only be on long enough to do a set of dailies" type people, so what else would fill your time?
    I'd fill my time actually playing and enjoying the game. There are a dozen other things I'd rather do than dailies, but they take up most of my play time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I was going to say this too. People are already complaining that they're forced to do dailies when there are tons of other ways - dailies just happen to be the most efficient since it's a guaranteed raid-quality item pieces. Putting in a x4 weekly isn't going to change that.
    Please show me the "tons of other ways" I can can get my crafting patterns on my maxed out crafters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Then........be bored for the rest of the week?

All of these things like dailies were created to give players something to do beyond raiding
    Why are you playing the game when the only thing keeping you from being bored all week is doing the same stupid quests every day? There are tons of other things worth doing that are more enjoyable than daily quests. There is plenty to do beyond raiding, even without the current ridiculous daily grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    If they didnt control the crafting designs I wouldnt.
    Amen, a thousand f'n times! Keep your stupid armor Blizzard, I just want my patterns. Thanks for sticking it to crafters. Nothing like having max level crafters who can't craft their main stuff because they are gated behind a month worth of garbage quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    If you think dailies are usurping too much of your time, I really think that WoW isn't the game for you. When I saw that dailies were rewarding you Valor Badges in addition to gold, I nearly got to half-mast.

If you think WoW dailies are too time consuming, the first few levels of Angry Birds or Minesweeper on easy are more your speed.
    What a stupid post. Dailies aren't fun for many of us, so even one minute doing something not fun is too much of my time. If I could get my patterns through a FUN mechanic that took just as long as the current dailies I wouldn't complain. And if getting Valor from doing lame repetitive quests gets you hard you should probably find a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
    Amen, a thousand f'n times! Keep your stupid armor Blizzard, I just want my patterns. Thanks for sticking it to crafters. Nothing like having max level crafters who can't craft their main stuff because they are gated behind a month worth of garbage quests.
    And I don't like that Blacksmiths and engineers are required to pay out gold to Alchemists, who have no dependency on either profession for... anything. At all. Belt buckles? Oh that's right, they require living steel to make...

And yet... here we are...
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.