Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To all ELO hell complainers (not necessarily OP):

If you're not rising in Elo it means you're at the right spot. This is why pro players consistently rise to high elo on new accounts.

The basic principle is this, the only reliable factor in every game is you. You have 4 randoms that can be anything from amazing to crap, enemy team has 5. Statistically your elo is all about you. If you win 50% of your games you're pretty much at your elo.

OT: Ward more roam more, pretty much the best advice. If other lanes are struggling help them as much as you can. Winning a game is not just you winning your lane. You need to carry that shit until you break your back.

I know how you feel op. My friend and I duo queue a lot, him top, me jungle, and the amount of bad players we see is...uugghh.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    To all ELO hell complainers (not necessarily OP):

If you're not rising in Elo it means you're at the right spot. This is why pro players consistently rise to high elo on new accounts.

The basic principle is this, the only reliable factor in every game is you. You have 4 randoms that can be anything from amazing to crap, enemy team has 5. Statistically your elo is all about you. If you win 50% of your games you're pretty much at your elo.

OT: Ward more roam more, pretty much the best advice. If other lanes are struggling help them as much as you can. Winning a game is not just you winning your lane. You need to carry that shit until you break your back.
    This is not 100% true. You can carry your ass off, and play the most amazing game you have ever played. But if you always have 1 or 2 crap players roaming off alone and feeding the enemy team, they will be constantly growing stronger, and over power you. If you are the best, and the reason why your team is winning, they will focus you down, and if your team cannot handle a team fight without you, or they just don't have a clue, and die instantly in team fights, you will lose.

A game cannot be won by one person. The rest of the team has to co-operate with you, and work as a team. The only way one person can win a game alone, is if the other team is so bad they would have a better chance if they were afk.

If, on a scale of one to 10 you are a 6, and the rest of your team is a 2. If 2 or 3 of the enemy team is a 4, then they will dominate you. Because they are better then your team, they will feed off your team, and over power you.

I have lost games where I was 10+/5-/5+, because my team mates all had double the deaths or more of their kills, if some even had kills. One game I remember, I warded everywhere that needed a ward, the second my team saw the enemy by a ward, they booked it for that ward, and would get into a 2-4 vs 5 and die. I had my entire build complete, but could not stand against the other team 1v5.

Had one game where we aced the enemy team, everyone recalled to restore, the enemy team was down for 40 seconds. I pinged and headed to baron, they all pushed mid(20 secs to enemy revive), downed the inner turret, the inhib turret, and started on the inhib, as I was heading up mid to join them, i checked and saw the enemy reviving, I pinged them to retreat. Like locusts the 5 opponents swarmed my team and their adc got a quadra kill, they killed baron and pushed for game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    A few pros have managed to do amazing win streaks at low elo with a new account.

That said, no one is talking about soloing the enemy team or winning every single goddamn game. However if you are better than the "scrubs" in your games, you should be able to achieve 50,1%+ win rate and thus raise your elo until you reach your elo and stabilize at 50% win rate.

Also, I want those believing in elo hell to explain to me how exactly does it work. I mean if you "always have so many f******* noobs in your team", who are you facing? Who is this magical enemy team that always has either less noobs or no noobs?

2 things: ward and roam

Winning the own lane is the easiest thing to do when you really play below your "real" elo. You don't win games by sitting in lane, getting further ahead in your lane and crying about the other lanes. Push your lane and roam. If you want bonus points try to coordinate your team and ward for them if needed.

And don't force yourself to duoqueue. Last season, I duo'd with a friend who was stuck at 1500. Went up to 1800 with him but as soon as he played alone (studying > playing.. missed plat ) he dropped back to 1600 before he stopped playing. Duo queuing is great as long as you don't drag someone over his own elo and make your team have a weak player every game.

PS: Even when you're the most amazing player in the world, you won't win all games but you'll win far more than you lose = elo gain.

PPS: @JoErVoL: that's not how elo works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    PPS: @JoErVoL: that's not how elo works
    In what way?
    Isn't what I said and what you said essentially the same thing?
    but you'll win far more than you lose = elo gain.
    As long as you win more than half your games, your elo rises. I'm not talking for a single game, i'm talking about a large enough amount of games. When you stabilize at a 50% win rate you have essentially reached your true elo.

Deleted
    Yep, I'd say ward and roam...win ur lane so the jungler should (cause if he is bad he is actually gonna feed) help other lanes.
    In ELO hell we have the same noobs as the other team, as JoErVoL wrote.
    The problem is mostly on the start in my opinion cause the morale goes up or down and ppl give up too easily so everything goes wrong,
    people keep trying to chase or TF without noticing that is not a good situation.

How many times have u seen people flaming cause they engaged and u didn't help them,
    "why NOOB u didn't help we could have won!"....while they got baron buff and your AD is either at base or farming/pushing bot lane.

Did u notice how early in elo hell the game become "5vs5 in mid lane"?
    That's the easy solution for most of us, but sometimes there is someone who try to play differently and try to farm or push other lanes,
    sometimes they are right cause probably they are doing the right thing, but they should know that their team is gonna be engaged in a TF they will loose.

Another example, tell me if I'm wrong and I misunderstood,
    yesterday I was top my opponent goes mid I write SS and ping, no chance for them to tower dive,
    the mid only needed to care and def under turret, why:
    - I keep taking XP and CS
    - He keep taking XP and maybe some cs under turret
    - Enemy top loose CS, waste time roaming and take half xp once reached MID
    - Enemy MID take half XP when enemy top reach MID

I guess this is why is good to roam, cause people doesn't ward their lanes and can't just defend under turret.

When the lvl is higher and people can turret dive u leave the turret and say to other lanes to push another turret,
    is 5vs5 they can't be everywhere at the same moment, is always a matter of trading.

If the enemy jungler gank top and ur jungler is bot tell to ur party to go for the dragon they will be 4 vs 3 if all the enemy team ract and go there.

Sorry just a bunch of thoughts about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    In what way?

As long as you win more than half your games, your elo rises. I'm not talking for a single game, i'm talking about a large enough amount of games. When you stabilize at a 50% win rate you have essentially reached your true elo.
    a 55% win rate is actually closer to what is required to gain elo. In the way long run you will end up losing 12 elo and gaining 12 elo a match, but for the most part you usually lose 1-2 more than you gain. So a 50% win rate would actually lower your elo.

Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    In what way?

You're nearly right but you don't win/lose the same amount of elo every game = 50:50 leads to elo loss (you lose more elo than you win).

This means that you have to win more games than you lose (no idea what the ratio should be. I guess around 7:6) to stay at a certain elo.

Please tell me if I'm wrong. I can't think clearly when I'm high from medicaments and high fever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    You don't win games by sitting in lane

Also to be fair J4 (enemy jungle) in that game had pretty much troll build because he was stomping. His build did not do anything (was he trying to slowdown Vayne or what), and it's hard to tell if J4 farmed him in lane, or that they got killed in pointless onesided teamfights.

Still, you will not get tons of elo by just warding and roaming. If you don't understand the situation you can only randomly contribute. Understanding the game is very important, and unfortunately even high ranked players sometimes have simply NO clue what is going on. Not even talking about score whores....

Also, I want those believing in elo hell to explain to me how exactly does it work. I mean if you "always have so many f******* noobs in your team", who are you facing? Who is this magical enemy team that always has either less noobs or no noobs?
    To be fair, there is not much preventing streaks here. It's entirely possible to drop huge amounts just because of getting bads. Though long-term this is not a factor, it's quite annoying to begin with, especially for people with set goal (like those who were getting gold before S2 end).

Deleted
    @meteo and Isrozzis
    I knew about the different amounts of elo gain/loss, I just thought that after a large enough amount of games, it always added up to a net result of zero, aka 50%win rate=stable elo.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post

To be fair, there is not much preventing streaks here. It's entirely possible to drop huge amounts just because of getting bads. Though long-term this is not a factor, it's quite annoying to begin with, especially for people with set goal (like those who were getting gold before S2 end).
    Yes, true, streaks do happen.
    Some things though:
    1)When you are on a losing streak, stop playing. After a couple of games, it stops being bad luck and it usually is your nerves making you perform worse without realizing it.

2)Huge amounts of loss/gain through sheer bad luck/good luck is an outlier. Yes, it CAN happen, but realistically, when half the player base (pulling a number out of my ass) complains about elo hell, you can't say that they all had bad luck :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually... yes you can. Why would the population expect to be all at 1900 Elo, when realistically, around 50% of them *should* be at 1200 or lower?

Much as I dislike Methanar's attitude at times, he's absolutely right. *You* are responsible for winning your game. LoL is not about winning your lane. It's about destroying their nexus. However the hell you achieve that is secondary. Winning your lane is merely a means to an end. You need to make sure the other lanes do as well.

You complain about them feeding (while going negative yourself) - so fix that. Someone who's 3 kills up and a BF sword ahead is far less likely to feed the enemy AD than when he's 3 kills behind with only boots where the enemy AD is lugging about a Bloodthirster. That 0/3 carry can just as easily go 0/7, because that's just the way the lane will go by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Actually... yes you can. Why would the population expect to be all at 1900 Elo, when realistically, around 50% of them *should* be at 1200 or lower?
    We aren't disagreeing. I was referring to the fact that you can't claim for the entire population to have extreme bad streaks and thus proving the existence of an "elo hell".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

Much as I dislike Methanar's attitude at times, he's absolutely right. *You* are responsible for winning your game. LoL is not about winning your lane. It's about destroying their nexus. However the hell you achieve that is secondary. Winning your lane is merely a means to an end. You need to make sure the other lanes do as well.
    Pretty much this. I remember saying it months ago when this topic arised in another thread. If you want to win, you need to make it happen. You can't sit in lane for 30 minutes, come out farmed (minus a few champions), then realise that the enemy will just zerg you.

If you're playing top, play someone who has high roam potential (Malphite with his ult, Jax, Lee-Sin, Rengar) or you're able to cripple the enemy jungle by taking his camps/buffs. Make sure you ward the enemy jungler so you know when buffs come up. Make sure you're always active. Hell, if you're playing Shen/Nidalee, and you think your team has a little bit of communication, split push to your hearts content.

If you're not able to carry in what people say "elo hell" - then you're probably at the right elo range. If you want to get higher, make sure your mechanical skills are consistently good. Can't get over 50cs before 10 minutes? You need to work on it, a closer number would be 70-90 mark realistically (Unless you're taking Wraiths on cooldown, that is)

Also, although he put it bluntly, Heal isn't good on Graves currently. You lose so much kill presence/potential by not having Ignite.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll echo the roaming and warding advice. I always try to communicate with the team that we should have wards at both their red and blue basically all game, in addition to all of the "standard" jungle entry spots.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Holy shit this thread is making me sad. How about you actually improve instead of just whine at your team? You are right where you belong because you are not even looking to improve. It´s really easy to blame everyone else and ignore your own faults but it will get you nowhere. I´m not gonna give you gameplay advice since that is compltely pointless as you will NEVER improve with your current attitude. Play to improve not to raise ELO.

Listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...vJ4Sc&t=14m41s

The enemy team is just as bad as yours, if you can´t carry 4 noobs against 5 what does that make you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Wow your really going to go there? Top fed, wards everywhere, mid always over pushed, top always over pushed, bot was ungankable with 3 wards (1 drag, 1 in bushes & 1 beside that)

Do you do anything but be an ass? Please leave the thread, your help is no longer welcome here

Jarvan also built leviathan & sword of the occulut, we attempted to focus vayne, j4 ulted the team. Attempted to focus j4, vayne bursted everybody down.

Like I said, it only takes one person to ruin the game
    So where was your oracles to clean up those wards and gank?

You're exactly where you belong. "elo hell" does not exist. There is bads and retards at any elo, there always will be. Watch a progamer stream @2.3 and I've often found myself wondering "How the hell did this jackass make it to 2.3?" (Not the streamer, but the ones he gets qued up with). They're everywhere. You're one of those people who blames everyone for every mistake made in the game. You problaly could've done a hell of a lot more to help win the game. Going 0/7 proves that.

When I was stuck @1100 I used to think I was way better than that aswell. I'm now hovering around 1700-1800 and when I think back, I realize just how incredibly bad I was back then compared to now. I started to improve once I realized it was pointless to keep blaming my team for the losses. Take a hard look at yourself and where you can improve, and fix it.

Roam. Ward. Oracles. Positive attitude. Key ingredients to gaining elo.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-11-19 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    So where was your oracles to clean up those wards and gank?

You're exactly where you belong. "elo hell" does not exist. There is bads and retards at any elo, there always will be. Watch a progamer stream @2.3 and I've often found myself wondering "How the hell did this jackass make it to 2.3?" (Not the streamer, but the ones he gets qued up with). They're everywhere. You're one of those people who blames everyone for every mistake made in the game. You problaly could've done a hell of a lot more to help win the game. Going 0/7 proves that.

When I was stuck @1100 I used to think I was way better than that aswell. I'm now hovering around 1700-1800 and when I think back, I realize just how incredibly bad I was back then compared to now. I started to improve once I realized it was pointless to keep blaming my team for the losses. Take a hard look at yourself and where you can improve, and fix it.

Roam. Ward. Oracles. Positive attitude. Key ingredients to gaining elo.
    Just play a mobile mid with some kind of cc (ahri malz diana karthus) and ward the shit out of the enemy jungle when you know his major buffs are coming up and go and harass them as much as possible. Even if you don't steal the buff getting a combo off onto the enemy mid will force him to back where you can push the lane denying him cs and take the rest of the enemy jungle safely without fear of a 1v2.

At around 9minutes make sure you have relative control over the enemy jungle and just use that to gank the other lanes. Very rarely will they acknowledge that you control the enemy jungle and ward their lanes appropriately. (mostly talking about bottom lane when you're on the top and top lane when you're on the bottom)

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to play Shaco, take every kill during your ganks and just watch the enemy team crumble before one player. I've literally carried games on my own as Shaco, a few others can too but I'm just good with Shaco. Don't play your tanky champions unless it's like an AP Malp or whatever. Play carries win games.

I've had friends complain to me about how ELO hell exists. It doesn't, be nice to your team and play your best, last season I carried myself out of 800 ELO to 1300 before it ended. Now I didn't play much once I reached the 1300 area but I'm just saying that was mostly solo, I only did a few duo's.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently sitting at around 1280 ELO after dropping from around 1380 after my placemnt matches.
    I'm litrally just getting used to the difference in play level between ranked and normal...I just keep playing, the only way to get better is by doing more in my opinion
    ELO is just a number at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    The enemy team is just as bad as yours, if you can´t carry 4 noobs against 5 what does that make you?
    It makes you a realist, because in real life the other team isn't always 5 complete shitters because there are other people like you trying to get where they belong, 2000+ and pro players making smurfs, etc. If you happen to be someone who plays smart and hits a bad streak where the other team has the other 2-3 people in that game that know how to play smart, there isn't a ton you can do. I think I am a fairly prime example of that being someone who out of ~100 solo queue and 100 ranked team games last season hit 1320 max in solo, and hit 1668 in team winning against several teams with 2k+ elo solo queue players.