Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No More Rogue Garalon Tanks

Well, the title says it all. Went there today with my guild, we always did it with 1 tank 1 rogue (me). Usually I take about 140k dmg from the cone of dmg. Tonight I took 248k each hit. It's still doable with a rogue, but the feint tanking isn't working so would be better putting 2 tanks there since it's a waste of dps not using rogues on legs atm.

That's really all I had to say, could save you guys some time while you put your raids together for HoF this week

I had no problems doing this this week. Are you saying there's a hotfix nerf to this? That would be very surprising.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanked it yesterday on heroic, everything was ok. Cleaves hit for about 215k with feint (+elusiveness).
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Deleted
    Don't suppose anyone has a video to this. I know its expected but my dps is appalling when attempting this strat. I keep feint up constantly to be safe and am only reaching about 60k dps if that. That's surely retarded for a rogue? I must admit our set up isn't perfect and we are attempting 10 man normal.

idk i had no troubles this week on our first kill i got 130k hits and at the end did like 100k dps maybe they stealth nerfed the boss during the Weekend ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Did it yesterday, nothing over 160k.

Just got finished doing it now (1130pm oceanic) and was taking 232k hits through feint on normal.

i hope they didnt sealth nerf it over night ....... because garalon if pretty hard to do without decent dps we hat to 3 heal him because of the massive damage our second tank was doing dps and i was tanking
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I hope they nerfed it. it was intended for TANKS to take it. THat's what makes this boss a challenge to do dps wise. If you cheese it through rogues like that, you are not doing as intended and good they got rid of it. Maybe now your dps need to be better by having tanks.

I did it yesterday as well (last night), feint/elusiveness still worked just fine took less damage than the other tank (dodges), i only did 80k dps this week where the previous week i was able to do about 120k. this is probably moreso based on poor leg respawns rather than the blade flurry nerf though.

60k does sound a bit low nairobi, but tons of variables. but even then, our other tank took more damage than me (overall, i was more spikey) and did 24k dps.

Deleted
    It was the first time i had done the fight. And it was a pain to keep up feint + recup all the time as well as push dps (Our healer wasn't great. 2 pushing 60k hps with the one who was healing us on 34) so i kinda went for survivability over dps. Now people have learnt hopefully i can push the dps a bit more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    I did it yesterday as well (last night), feint/elusiveness still worked just fine took less damage than the other tank (dodges), i only did 80k dps this week where the previous week i was able to do about 120k. this is probably moreso based on poor leg respawns rather than the blade flurry nerf though.

60k does sound a bit low nairobi, but tons of variables. but even then, our other tank took more damage than me (overall, i was more spikey) and did 24k dps.
    Just because you lack rogues / the rogues in your raid are too bad to pull this strat off, doesnt mean it should be nerfed. It was never somewhere stated, that only tank specced chars had to stand in the coan.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Just because you lack rogues / the rogues in your raid are too bad to pull this strat off, doesnt mean it should be nerfed. It was never somewhere stated, that only tank specced chars had to stand in the coan.
    i think you quoted the wrong guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Don't suppose anyone has a video to this. I know its expected but my dps is appalling when attempting this strat. I keep feint up constantly to be safe and am only reaching about 60k dps if that. That's surely retarded for a rogue? I must admit our set up isn't perfect and we are attempting 10 man normal.
    You just need to Feint when he's about to Swipe (the animation is really easy to see).

60k is too low... assuming the normal strat.

I asked for advice on these forums, did exactly that, and it worked great.

Basically, you stay inside the double damage circle, BUT you also stay close enough that the blade flurry will hit the boss. I will occasionally (if the boss is spinning oddly) move out of the damage circle to make sure that the cone hits me, but I'm playing pretty close to the purple circle. That allows the punches on the leg to be doubled, and to hit the boss, while still grabbing all the cone aoes. You definitely lose a lot of dps to keeping feint up for the aoe (it doesn't need to be up full time, but it's damned near), but you should be well above 60k.

I made a post on the official forums (which I can't check until later) asking if feint was modified for this fight, but didn't have an answer last I checked (I linked to this thread in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i think you quoted the wrong guy
    yeah i was scratching my head. i never said it should be nerfed..

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    I hope they nerfed it. it was intended for TANKS to take it. THat's what makes this boss a challenge to do dps wise. If you cheese it through rogues like that, you are not doing as intended and good they got rid of it. Maybe now your dps need to be better by having tanks.
    i think he wanted this guy

I had no problems tanking this yesterday, so I think this entire thread is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I had no problems tanking this yesterday, so I think this entire thread is not accurate.
    As best as I can manage to copy/paste it from our WoL (they're private so can't link it). You can see the avg hit was 222k, this was on Monday (11/19)

Spell Damage Taken Hits Uptime Absorb Misses
    # Avg Total Do Total
    Furious Swipe 6668990 63.7 % 30 222299.7 6668990 - 69627 5 14.3 %

And from the previous week (11/12) the avg hit was 179k

Furious Swipe 5019809 59.1 % 28 179278.9 5019809 - - 7 20.0 %

*Edit well, the formatting of that came out all screwed up even though it looks right in the text window. Hopefully can still make it out.

I had roughly the same Feint uptime both weeks (about 80%).

Dont know what to tell ya, it worked perfectly fine for me
    Last edited by eijin; 2012-11-21 at 06:19 PM.