Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Wink A..........POSITIVE THREAD FOR SWTOR FTP & BEYOND! - (Positive comments only)

    HI All,

    Well I dont know about you lot, but so far im enjoying new content, am loving the HK, Quest currently lvling a REB player to help with the quest and enjoying that! - I have some new gear for my main from the Cartel Points, and TBH its a good and clever systems to encourage people to spend and its addictive! - People love veriety and its a positive move and strong footing in the right direction.

    The servers seems busier then ever! - Lots of fighting going on, and ganking which is great! - All in all lots of positives!

    I would like to create a thread, with as many positive comments as possible - for people to read, who may or may not be considering returning to play. People on the fence, who need some encouragement aside, from alot of the chronic dissaproval thats litters many discussion threds.

    I went into GAME store today and spoke to a lot of people and word is theres lot of encouragment going on to get people back to swtor, to give it that second chance, and I have not felt as positive about the game as I do right now. Its come a long way and is improving and theres still lots to do, buts its moving in a positive direction with some momentum and thats encouraging.

    With more WZ to come, and MAKEB on the way - I have to say - Im feeling good about what is a great great game.

    leave your positive comments! Please!
    Last edited by Lethorien; 2012-11-22 at 05:16 PM. Reason: better choice of words
    Leth - Level 50 Sith Maurader - War Hero - 1300 Exp

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Leelloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    71
    So i heard you like caps

    Please post constructively. - Forsedar
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-21 at 08:56 PM.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,996
    aaaand what is the purpose of this thread again? To leave positive comments?

    Okay - The leveling and story was good, everything else sucked. And their F2P model is horrible.

  4. #4
    Cap, comments - They never get old do they? We all have something of worth to bring to this discussion. Yours perhaps should be silence.
    Leth - Level 50 Sith Maurader - War Hero - 1300 Exp

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Leelloo View Post
    So i heard you like caps.
    Shat app Leello, go to school.

    OT: I heard you can only have two action bars as F2P? Is this true?
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,167
    I still like the Mass Effect style conversations.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Cap, comments - They never get old do they? We all have something of worth to bring to this discussion. Yours perhaps should be silence.
    Perhaps yours should also have been silence?

    Posting a thread about a game that (largely) has negative opinions and demanding people only post praise is nothing short of flame-bait imo. Not to mention that it's one of the reasons people dislike the game so much in the first place(only wanting to hear the good and ignore the flaws).
    Last edited by tielknight; 2012-11-21 at 12:05 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

    In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

  8. #8
    SWOTRs strengths are still there, the many immersive stories we've come to expect from bioware, the sleek design and star wars lore. F2P was the smart, and only move, unfortunately the arbitrary restrictions will I fear scare most people away.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Shat app Leello, go to school.

    OT: I heard you can only have two action bars as F2P? Is this true?
    yea i tried f2p last night, sucks only having 2 actions bars, especially as half of my abilities are on the 2 action bars i no longer have access to, i'm not paying for 2 extra action bars, nor am i playing my sith inquisitor with only 2 action bars that are already full of abilities... seems a bit ridiculous to me, i did at least get 100 free cartel coins, but action bars cost 150

    was nice to log on for the first time in 10 months and find myself able to remember where things were though, i may go run around cutting things up with my lightsaber later. just glad i got all my epic gear before it went f2p as i can still wear it, however any new epics, i need one of those stupid authorization things...

    also, it kinda sucks that i have 1.5million in credits i cant have access to and i'm capped at 350k, but at least i still have all 5 of my characters, even though the character screen is locked at 2.

    sorry, this was supposed to be a positive reply... but there's not many positives to be had from the F2P model, other than if you are a brand new player. as i would like to try the jedi side of the story, but i dont have any free character slots... could always make a new account i guess, but i'd hate to get EA's hopes up that people are actually coming back.
    <insert witty signature here>

  10. #10
    Well people don't have to buy the game now, that's a positive

  11. #11
    >OT: I heard you can only have two action bars as F2P? Is this true?

    Yes, well actually as far as I can see, you only got 1 bar (8-10) spells. You can click on an arrow to show another 8-10 spells instead.
    I came back to try it out again on my 50 SI, but the F2P restrictions are ridiculous, especially the actionbar restriction.
    I lasted 30 minutes, and then dumped this crappy game again.
    I have no idea what they were thinking with that F2P model, but scaring away former subscribers with high level chars, seems to be their main priority.
    Last edited by Painstorm; 2012-11-21 at 12:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    People expected too much when it launched, and the moment it did not blow their socks off they gave it up. I think now, the game is defintely where it needs to be to bring those people back.
    While that statement may have some measure of truth to it, you're basically glossing over the full truth. We expected too much based on Bioware's promises. We gave it up because the moment it stopped "blowing our socks off" happened to coincide with the moment we "hit max level and realized all the content is at 1-49".

  13. #13
    How much is BW paying you to do this is the real question.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  14. #14
    It's beyond comprehension how people can't use the millions of threads to voice their problems with the game... there is no thread about the "good" things SWTOR brings to the table.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Still loving the game. Been logging in on a daily basis since batch 1 of early access (Dec 13th).


    - Love each class story (some more than others obviously).
    - I find the combat to be a blast.
    - I try to get a few warzones done a day. Aslong as I don't do too many in a row I still enjoy them.
    - 1 FP a day is my limit. Though fun they take up too much time seeing as the novelty wore off months ago. Still enjoyable if I do them sparsely.
    - Operations with my guild are my main attraction atm.
    - Playing the GTN is an addiction. Love buying/selling and have kept an average of 5mil a week coming in for a while now.
    - Between 3 accounts I've experienced every single piece of content this game has to offer and I'd conclude that I've enjoyed most of it immensely.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Perhaps yours should also have been silence?

    Posting a thread about a game that (largely) has negative opinions and demanding people only post praise is nothing short of flame-bait imo. Not to mention that it's one of the reasons people dislike the game so much in the first place(only wanting to hear the good and ignore the flaws).
    Well instead of bashing me, and contributing nothing constructive to the thread. Why dont you enlighten us, with you wisdoms, and tell me whats good about the game and whats not so good perhaps show your workings out? instead doing what a lot of people do and siding with which ever is the greater number in a coward like manor.
    Leth - Level 50 Sith Maurader - War Hero - 1300 Exp

  17. #17
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,229
    Threads like this should really never be made as it invites more trouble than you clearly want. I understand the desire to have a great conversation without getting all Debbie Downer, but life doesn't work that way. The way you set up your requirements was also a little childish and asked for more trouble.

    So my gift to you is to give a very real and constructive post that is over all a positive experience:


    F2P is working out a little better than it seemed at first. The revelation that unlocks can be bought and sold on the GTN is a great thing that holds this model together. Section X dailies are as boring as all dailies, they take waaaay too long to do, but something about them is still pretty fun. Anything that isn't Black Hole is probably fun right now.

    While the game's performance leaves more to be desired than has been in recent history, with the ability problems and severe lag everywhere in the world, it's still a well constructed world. The new items are a good start for fluff, but we need more. The HK quest showed flashes of brilliance that are hopefully magnified in future content, while leaving out the whole 'stand in a field and click a button for hours' part. The Theoretika was awesome.

    With the recent patch notes regarding space, it gives me hope that they could potentially be headed for a great place. The game is nowhere near what it should be still, after a year, but maybe they will use this cash injection to make it great. I definitely feel more positive about the game's future, but I have always liked 'the game'. As long as we can get the suits out of the way, then Bioware might still have some magic for us.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Still loving the game. Been logging in on a daily basis since batch 1 of early access (Dec 13th).


    - Love each class story (some more than others obviously).
    - I find the combat to be a blast.
    - I try to get a few warzones done a day. Aslong as I don't do too many in a row I still enjoy them.
    - 1 FP a day is my limit. Though fun they take up too much time seeing as the novelty wore off months ago. Still enjoyable if I do them sparsely.
    - Operations with my guild are my main attraction atm.
    - Playing the GTN is an addiction. Love buying/selling and have kept an average of 5mil a week coming in for a while now.
    - Between 3 accounts I've experienced every single piece of content this game has to offer and I'd conclude that I've enjoyed most of it immensely.
    See this is a positive and constructive response. (I dont know why more people lack the simple skills to see positives and be objective about negatives) Im sorry but people who just say shit shit shit, are shit people..... These people need to look with better eyes, better brains, then the ones they currently own.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 02:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Threads like this should really never be made as it invites more trouble than you clearly want. I understand the desire to have a great conversation without getting all Debbie Downer, but life doesn't work that way. The way you set up your requirements was also a little childish and asked for more trouble.

    So my gift to you is to give a very real and constructive post that is over all a positive experience:


    F2P is working out a little better than it seemed at first. The revelation that unlocks can be bought and sold on the GTN is a great thing that holds this model together. Section X dailies are as boring as all dailies, they take waaaay too long to do, but something about them is still pretty fun. Anything that isn't Black Hole is probably fun right now.

    While the game's performance leaves more to be desired than has been in recent history, with the ability problems and severe lag everywhere in the world, it's still a well constructed world. The new items are a good start for fluff, but we need more. The HK quest showed flashes of brilliance that are hopefully magnified in future content, while leaving out the whole 'stand in a field and click a button for hours' part. The Theoretika was awesome.

    With the recent patch notes regarding space, it gives me hope that they could potentially be headed for a great place. The game is nowhere near what it should be still, after a year, but maybe they will use this cash injection to make it great. I definitely feel more positive about the game's future, but I have always liked 'the game'. As long as we can get the suits out of the way, then Bioware might still have some magic for us.
    Again largely positive and objective, another great post. I agree - with your first point but i liek to mix it up. Sparks a good debate.
    Leth - Level 50 Sith Maurader - War Hero - 1300 Exp

  19. #19
    I prefer SWTOR PvP to any other MMO PvP I've tried and in its current state it is still far better than WoW MoP PvP.

    That is the most positive I could do, don't ask me to elaborate because then it will not belong in this thread.
    "there n point in arguing coz everyone has there own opinion" - WoW/Alterac Valley - Random guy

  20. #20
    Only positive comments? Well okay... uhm... the game's got lightsabers.

    I wish I could share your all around positivity, I really do. I like the game, to an extent and I want to like it more but I'd be lying if I said I will grow to like it more without some changes (some of them major ones).

    People expected too much when it launched, and the moment it did not blow their socks off they gave it up.
    I didn't expect it to blow my socks off. I've had my share of being dissappointed with other MMO's in the past so this time I actually had fairly modest expectations. Unfortunately the game didn't meet even that, not in all aspects.

    I see f2p as a double edged sword. It will give them a short-term boost in gainings for sure and if they use that revenue for future quality content then the game might start to actually grow again. On the other hand, if they keep that money mostly in their pockets then they will spell their own doom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •